Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Timberwolf issues-product to pull from shelf

gypsy_girl
June 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
News & Events

Dakota Bison/Ocean Blue Reported Issues

Timberwolf Organics Customer,

Due to recent reports from some customers, we have ordered that two formulas from three specific dates be pulled from the shelves. These are:

Dakota Bison with 'best by date' of 12 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with 'best by date' of 20 Feb 2009
Ocean Blue with best by date' of 8 March 2009

The reported symptoms include dogs refusing to eat, diarrhea or vomiting. While the problem is inconsistent (not every dog eating food from those dates/bag show the symptoms and not every bag), to err on the side of caution have decided to pull the formulas produced with the above dates. Initial testing has come back negative for problems and further testing is pending results.

As soon as the cause of this reported problem is determined procedures will be put into place to ensure that an event like this cannot happen again. Please be assured that no other formulas and Ocean Blue and Dakota Bison with dates other than ones listed above are not affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience or problems that this may have resulted in. If you do have a bag with those dates please contact the retailer you purchased it from for an exchange or credit. If you purchased it directly from us please give us a call or email us at customer.support@timberwolforganics.com.

Thank you for choosing Timberwolf Organics.

Sincerely,

Timberwolf Organics Team

Dingo
June 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, when I switched my dog from puppy food to adult food recently my first purchase was a TWO formula. After reading some things about them online, I returned it and went with Taste of the Wild instead.

rainbow
June 10th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Supposedly Timberwolf knew of this problem two months before posting it on their website. :shrug: This is what I read on another forum....it was posted there on June 4/08:

Has anyone heard about a problem with Timberwolf Organic Bison expiration Feb. 12/09 and Ocean Blue expiration Feb. 20/09 and Mar. 8/09? This came from someone on another list:

"I just found out this past Friday that there is a problem with some of the food from Timberwolf Organics. So if anyone on this list feeds their dog this food listen up. I have fed my dogs this food off and on over the past year. I just got them back on the Ocean Blue formula over a month ago. As I was switching them over all three of my dogs started getting very loose stools and my one girl threw up.

I immediately stopped feeding them the food. I emailed customer service and asked them if they had changed their formula. I told them all of my dogs were getting sick. They responded back and told me that they hadn't changed their formula and that was it.

On Friday I went to the pet food suppy store where I get all of my food and the owner of the store told me that they just received an email from Timberwolf stating that if they had any of the Dakota Bison with expiration date of Feb 12/09 or Ocean Blue formula with expiration dates of Feb 20/09 & Mar 08/09, on their shelves to pull it immediately. I went home and checked the bag that I still had and sure enough it was the March date.

I found out today that Timberwolf apparently doesn't know what the problem is and that the food has to be tested. I also found out they knew about this for 8 weeks now, which really makes me mad because I emailed them 3 weeks ago and they said nothing about this."

I have checked Timberwolf's website and there's nothing there about it. I have also emailed the owner of my pet/food supply store to ask if she has been alerted, but haven't heard back from her yet

Janey1
July 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
They recalled their oil some time back and would not give us a reason. Just a quick e-mail as we bought it direct and then a few weeks later said they had a new batch which was o.k?
What does that mean? We changed successfully to Kronch oil and now know the alaskan oil horror stories so they did us a favor really. I think the problem is they do not produce anything themselves and have it all made for them in the big warehouses so I guess they are open to problems.
If we are not invited or given the go ahead to visit a premises now we do not buy it.

rainbow
July 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I've never heard of Kronch Oil :confused: ....did you mean Krill Oil? :)