Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm so glad one of my dogs is a real snuggler

clm
June 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Being a spitz type, these dogs are usually a little standoffish and don't generally like to cuddle a whole lot. Baxter is true to the breed and while he likes attention and the odd pat, he much prefers to keep you at a distance just like my other 2 dogs were. Bentley on the other hand, other than looking like a kees, is not the least bit kees like. He loves to cuddle and it's wonderful. :cloud9:

Cindy

14+kitties
June 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
So now we need proof of that. Where's the pic? :rolleyes: lol j/k but a pic would be nice
I have a couple of cuddlers. It is nice, isn't it?

Frenchy
June 4th, 2008, 11:20 AM
PICS PICS PICS !!! :D

I love cuddling dogs ... velcro I should say. That is why I have goldens :D and Nelly is a cuddler too :cloud9:

SnowDancer
June 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
My Eskie will cuddle with me, but not with my husband. Certainly the slight standoffishness is a trait of the Spitz - but heaven forbid they be ignored. Also tummy rubs etc. are always welcome. On a Eskie site a couple had a disagreement when the wife wanted to get an Eskimo because the husband much preferred cats - speicifically their independence. Well, she got the Eskie - and the husband is absolutely delighted as Eskie seems to be part cat/part dog. I call my guy a dat.

ancientgirl
June 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I love snugglies. My kitties aren't huge snugglers and only one, Kiska, even likes to sit on my lap.