Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update On De-O-Geee

want4rain
June 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM
the really short update-

since she showed up at the house with her lawn chair pillow and wouldnt leave, we werent sure if she had been fixed yet. money has been *really* tight so mom and sis decided to wait a bit before taking her off to the vet. she seemed very healthy and gaining weight in all the right places. no obvious worms infection, ears looked good... that sort of thing.

well... turns out that spot was a belly button, not spaying stitching. one of the unfixed neighbors dogs jumped the fence and tied up with her. thankfully they have since gotten their male neutered. mom took De-O-Geee up to the local vets office that does pitties for $35 only to find out that the grand money wont be available until NEXT MONTH!!! good news though, they are willing to barter for the cost of her vet check up, vaccinations and spaying!! since mom and sis run a copy shot, easy to pull off. :D

as if that wasnt enough drama for Miss De-O-Geee... mom had the yard cleared of trees, everything plowed flat and she THOUGHT she had all the glass cleaned up from the previous owners burn pit but Miss De-O-Geee found some anyway! i attached pictures of my sister bandaging her up.

yep... thats the short version!! but the important parts anyway. :)

Lavenderott/Santi if you want to use those pics also you are welcome to. free of restrictions. :)

-ash

Chaser
June 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ohhh what a gorgeous girl! Lucky she found your family :)

want4rain
June 3rd, 2008, 01:53 PM
haha yeah, she is quite pretty, a beautiful golden color!! has to be a cross between an english bull dog and some other staffy-ish terrier. she is like a bull in a china cabinet though... will plow through just about anything, including little kids and legs!!

-ashley

mastifflover
June 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
She is too cute. Well she found the right house to hang around. I am sure she is loving the attention and love. Yeah for you

growler~GateKeeper
June 4th, 2008, 12:46 AM
De-O-Geee is so purrty :lovestruck: heal quick from the cuts :goodvibes:

Way to go on the lo cost vet treatment :highfive: & good for the neighbours getting theirs snipped too :highfive:

want4rain
June 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
i think the neighbors dog was a rescue, they just hadnt gotten to the point of fixing him yet. it was an elderly lady who was fostering him since she had a big fenced in back yard. she has since then turned him over to someone else who was strong enough to handle him. i think she only had him for a few days when the little bugger got out and tied up with De-O-Geee.

mom was in a fair panic when they initially said they didnt have the grant money to take the price from $150 (for a pregnant female) down to $35. glad she suggested bartering!! so far my sister has printed out a bunch of fliers advertising and pamphlets for education. i think this is really good for her to work so closely with the shelter out there. for all the bad decisions she has made (we wont rehash that here!!!!!!), she has a *really* big heart for animals.

-ashley

Ford Girl
June 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry, I must have missed the details, where did she come from? Are you keeping her?

Where's Alice? :)

Very good looking girl. :lovestruck:

Love4himies
June 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Sorry, I must have missed the details, where did she come from? Are you keeping her?

Very good looking girl. :lovestruck:

I thought I was the only person on this forum who didn't know who De O Gees was :o.

W4R, you have too much excitement in your life, it is so hard to keep up.:D

want4rain
June 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Miss Alice went to live with a lawyer, she is 'super pampered dog' now!

De-O-Geee showed up at the end Moms drive (bout half a mile from her house) with a out door chair pillow.... found her way to the porch and refused to leave... so mom just kept her. what else could she do???

-ashley

Love4himies
June 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
De-O-Geee showed up at the end Moms drive (bout half a mile from her house) with a out door chair pillow.... found her way to the porch and refused to leave... so mom just kept her. what else could she do???

-ashley

I heard something about that, but thought it was a joke:laughing::laughing:

That is way too funny the way animals just decide where they are going to live. I had a cat that came to our door way back in the '70s, and wouldn't leave, so we fed it and brought it in. It was military housing so maybe the previous tennants owned it :shrug:

Ford Girl
June 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Miss Alice went to live with a lawyer, she is 'super pampered dog' now!

-ashley

Right, Alice is at her forever palace!!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: Sorry, forgot.

I didn't know about this doggie, aww....she's a cutie or sure. :lovestruck:

Good for you guys, always willing to help! :highfive: :angel: :angel: