Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What does your dog do during the day?

becmonchu
June 3rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I have a webcam set up at home to watch my puppy.
From what I can see he just sleeps most of the time, plays and then goes back to sleep. I leave music on for him and some toys to play with.
I will eventually get him put into daycare twice a week after all his shots but he's still too young to go to daycare now.

Does anyone have a similar set up in their home?

Lukka'sma
June 3rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
No web cams here but a great idea.
When Lukka was a pup and until she was well over a year she would be crated when we left the house. So she slept mainly.
Now she is out of the crate and I assume she sleeps still:laughing: She only has to be alone at the most 2 hours a couple of days a week, and a 1/2 hour a couple of days a week so it's not too bad for her.:)

clm
June 3rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
I think I'd rather not know what the boys are up to during the day. :laughing:

Cindy

Chaser
June 3rd, 2008, 01:12 PM
:laughing: I would really love to see video of what Chase does. From what I can tell it isn't all that exciting though. He lounges around I think, and his toys are always moved so I know he's playing with those, and he drags his blankie around the house with him when we are here, so I'm pretty sure he cuddles up with that when he misses us :cloud9: He's such a big baby, but it seems to have helped him be a happy and non-destructive boy when we aren't home!

Chaser
June 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
And I have a friend who used one to catch her cat jumping up on the counter and knocking food down onto the floor for the dogs :laughing: :laughing:

Frenchy
June 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
I think I'd rather not know what the boys are up to during the day. :laughing:

Cindy

Me neither ! I know the goldens are probably sleeping , now Nelly ..... :eek:

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
June 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I know exactly what they do during the day. They hide around corners and try to trip me as I walk by! They dig holes and act innocent when Mom looks their way. They wrestle in the living room and on the deck--much more fun than doing it in the yard, where it's actually allowed. :laughing:

Daytime is for keeping mom hopping, trying to keep up with their shenanigans. :D

I could set up a camera for those infrequent times when I'm not home, but I'm sure the little munchkins would hide it while I was gone! :dog: