Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat walking with the dogs

Dogastrophe
June 2nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Last weekend we were visited by a cat (Sam) who was wandering the neighborhood. Sam ran right up to my wife and hung around for half hour or so. Worried that it may be a cat that got out, she called the number listed on the tag.

Yesterday as we were coming home from the store, we saw Sam wandering down the sidewalk about half a block from our house. Just ahead of him was a lady walking two Shih Zhu's. At one point, Sam strutted between these two dogs without a care in the world. We both thought that was pretty impressive and gutsy.

As we were unloading the car, the lady with the two dogs was rounding the corner followed closely by Sam. Seeing my wife, Sam came across the street to say hello. The lady with the dogs also came across. As we were talking with her about her dogs, Sam wandered back and forth amongst us.

Lady said that Sam was her cat and that he loves going for walks with her and the dogs. He will generally follow either behind them or just off to the side for their long walks - rain or shine. :D

Love4himies
June 2nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Aww what a special kitty. Snowball would follow us for neighbourhood walks. He was leash trained as a kitten.

Frenchy
June 2nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
When I started to read this thread ... I thought .... newbie coming to Dogastrophe's house :laughing:

That cat sounds like my 2 kitties , they are too :cool: with dogs.

ancientgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
That's so cute that he'll go walking with them.

Longblades
June 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cute. Our neigbours' cat used to walk aroung the village with them at night.

When my Lab girl got very old and could only go for very short walks two of our cats used to come with us around the park. Neighbours got a big kick out of it.

We met people on a hiking trail in Algonquin who's cat hiked with them.

DoubleRR
June 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Cats are good friends with dogs more often than not. My cat Smudge really hates that we take the dogs for walks without him now--since moving to town from the farm/rural areas he was used to, he never leaves the yard, because he knows all about roads and now we are surrounded with them.
However, take the dogs out on leash and he must come too, but it makes for a bit of a problem when there is so much traffic, he will walk on leash but ever so slowly, and these dogs WALK so he goes in the house or garage until we return, poor Smudge. He gives the dogs a good sniffing when we get back. :)

Dogastrophe
June 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
When I started to read this thread ... I thought .... newbie coming to Dogastrophe's house :laughing:

That cat sounds like my 2 kitties , they are too :cool: with dogs.

Had Sam not had a collar on he may have ended up in the house very quickly .... ;)

rainbow
June 2nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Had Sam not had a collar on he may have ended up in the house very quickly .... ;)

:laughing: Gracie does need a playmate. ;)