Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

URGENT! Dog ate jet dry!

katherine93
June 2nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
Oh dear God, More drama in my life! Charlie just ate a full bottle of jet dry! WHy would he do that? I doubt it tastes good! I called dad on his cell and no answer, Mom is in the middle of surgery and cant get the phone (accroding to the missy at the front desk) Is he going to die? He seems fine, but its hard not being able to ask the parents! Ugh! I told the missy at the front desk it was urgent but apparently all vets are on deck for that surgery?? Geez what are they doing? Any advice is appreiated ! Hes not very big, pretty small for a beagle. He seems normal and what not. should i make him throw up?

diandpat
June 2nd, 2008, 06:45 AM
Katherine, these are the warnings for humans. Don't know if it is different for dogs. I would call poison control in your area just to be safe.


Warnings:If you accidentally get some in your eyes, rinse out well, with water for 15 minutes.
If by any means swallowed...Just drink plenty cold water
Should any symptoms occur...call Poison Control immediately!
Note: JET-DRY Rinse Agent has no hazzardous fumes and contains no harsh chemicals.

Please let us know how things turn out :fingerscr

sugarcatmom
June 2nd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Is there an emergency clinic you can call? If not, here is the website for the ASPCA poison control center: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc&JServSessionIdr007=3pkvx576s1.app25b There is a number you can call for a consultation, but there is a $60 charge so you need a credit card.

Love4himies
June 2nd, 2008, 06:50 AM
Sorry I can't give any additional advice.

:fingerscr for Charlie.

Love4himies
June 2nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
http://hpd.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=2001003

Here is a link, it doesn't appear to be too poisonous to humans, not sure about dogs.

ancientgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Good luck getting someone to return your call! I hope you can get some help soon.

Have you tried poison control yet?

katherine93
June 2nd, 2008, 07:21 AM
I called the people from the link sugarcatmom gave me.. It should hurt him but i should keep a eye on him jus in case.. :fingerscr that hes okay! he still seems normal /

katherine93
June 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Okay so. Charlie is being very lazy, and that is very unusual for him!. Am i just being paranoid, i mean he has been running around all day, so maybe hes just tired, But im worried. Is he sick or what ..ugh

ancientgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Have you been able to talk to your mom at all? Maybe it's just an upset stomach from the jet dry.