Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Oklahoma

princessmom
May 31st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I found this site while looking for info on the disease cytauxzoonosis, the tick borne disease that comes from Bobcat's and is spread by ticks to outdoor domestic cats. My beloved 2 yr old Princess, died Wed night from that disease while at the vet hospital. She was my baby and I miss her so much. She went outside in the day and came in at night. She was on Frontline tick medicine, but she still got ticks. (I will post more on that at a different area.)
I just wanted to say Hi and say thanks for having someplace that I can talk about my Princess to people who understand how broken my heart is right now.
I am new to this talking on a website, so if I make any mistakes let me know.

angeldogs
May 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Princess.2 years old is to young.

RIP Princess:candle:

Welcome to the board.hope you find the info you are looking for

Jim Hall
May 31st, 2008, 10:43 AM
my condolences

hazelrunpack
May 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Poor Princess...my condolences on your loss :grouphug:

We have lots of ticks in our area, too. We're using Frontline Plus--works pretty well, but we still get tick-borne diseases in the dogs (and us). Last year it was anaplasmosis. Before that it was Lyme's...

Frontline is not 100% effective, but it's the best we've found so far. Sometimes 'all you can' do is still not enough... :grouphug: Princess knows you loved her, and that's the most important thing in the end.

Welcome to the board, princessmom.

:candle: Princess

lizziem1963
May 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
sending condolances your way. i know how much your heart is breaking, i just lost my little teddy to compost poisoning on tuesday. everyone says nice things, and things like how happy and how lucky teddy was during his 7 years of life, but you know what, i just think of how sad i am right now that i am missing him so much. i know he is at a better place, but every single thing makes me think of him.

i have never heard of that kind of tick you are talking about, and the fact that it can kill so quickly. how scarey. your baby was so young, how very very sad. my thoughts are with you.