Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What should I do - want to report someone

sammgo21
May 30th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I was looking on a local forum I frequent and in the buy/sell section I saw someone selling a 7 week old puppy. Turns out she's had it for 3 weeks and when I went to look at some of the other postings I see she was selling a bunch of kittens, and some guinea pigs too.

I am quite enraged - I think this person is mistreating animals. I want to pretend to be interested in this pup, get the address and report it to animal control.

What is the best way to go about doing this? I'm in Ontario Canada GTA and this person is somewhere in Markham Ontario.

Thanks

chico2
May 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Sammgo21,if you suspect something is not right with this seller,sure you can report it to Humane Society in Markham and they can investigate.
Unfortunately it is not against the law to breed cats/dogs or Guinea Pigs,keeping them in cruel,inhumane conditions is,,so I would give it a try if I were you. Good Luck!!

Winston
May 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
The unfortunate part is that most of the time as long as they have food, water and shelter then they dont react as seriously..my opinion only...what do you suspect? abuse or conditions? I think it depends on what the law says and ours certainly isnt tough! :sorry: off topic!

Cindy

sammgo21
May 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I think it's conditions, I've done a little more investigating and it looks like the same email contact comes up in Kijiji as well - different story and some different animals - something just doesn't seem right about it.

In one of the posts I saw they were selling kittens for $200 a peice, "for a friend" someone asked if the friend was a breeder they said it's a hobby of the friend.

Also This....

me: "You've had her for 3 weeks????? Pups aren't supposed to leave their mums until 6-7 weeks - has she been to vet? is she wormed?"

person: "no vet yet....
yeah, but she was really little when my fren gave to me, because his mom dont' want so much dog in the house so she got annoyed, so he have to give them out to people."

She (i think it's a girl) says the dog is 7 weeks old

14+kitties
May 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM
me: "You've had her for 3 weeks????? Pups aren't supposed to leave their mums until 6-7 weeks - has she been to vet? is she wormed?"

Actualy, pups shouldn't be separated from the mom until they are at least 8 weeks, preferably 12 weeks depending on breed. I would be reporting her to someone. HS for a start. :shrug: