Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Miss DU Girl and Amanda

Jim Hall
May 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM
well i tink my DU is th prettiest ever but hey im besotted du is the tortie a rescue a year ago and is now a very normal type Kitty DU is short for down underthe bed cause thats where sje was for 10 weeks when i first got her

amanda ia a streeet cat that foung her self there after being thrown out of her house hopefully i will have her as a foster by this time tomorrow

wth ill try again

hazelrunpack
May 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
They both have such beautiful markings, Jim! :lovestruck: You sure know how to attract the pretty ones! :D

I can't get over how relaxed DU looks in those shots! She's really warming up to her new station in life. :thumbs up

TeriM
May 29th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I see that you already have Amanda's accomodation set up for her ;). They are both lovely and it is great to see DU looking so relaxed and beautiful :cloud9:.

Frenchy
May 29th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I like DU looking out the window , my dog she has beautiful colors :lovestruck: and Amanda ..... she looks good ! :thumbs up

Jim Hall
May 29th, 2008, 11:01 PM
thats dus safe place the top of it its basically a open cage with a bed in it

amanda will have a big condo in other room not gonna make thats mistake manda will be crated for a week or so

want4rain
May 29th, 2008, 11:03 PM
oh my gosh Jim!! you have two beautiful kitties there!! DU sure looks satisfied. :cloud9: and Amanda looks like a skunk... the prettiest skunk though. :lovestruck:

-ash

Jim Hall
May 29th, 2008, 11:24 PM
lol thats what i thiught she was when i first saw her in the bushes man that is one sick lookig skunk

growler~GateKeeper
May 30th, 2008, 02:57 AM
DU :lovestruck: and Amanda :lovestruck: are both just gorgeous

If I was closer and Duffy would allow (I'm not and she won't) I would take Amanda in a heartbeat :lovestruck:

:thankyou: for being :cat: :angel2: to them both :thumbs up

jiorji
May 30th, 2008, 03:09 AM
:eek: DU looks like my Peanuts!!! :cloud9: pretty girl

and she's a calico not tortie :P

calico girls are all very special.

Amanda looks very fluffy and cute too:cloud9:

Love4himies
May 30th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Your girls are just soooooo pretty, Jim :lovestruck::cloud9:. I love Amanada's markings, very unique.

chico2
May 30th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Jim,I think this is the first time I see your DU,she is beautiful for sure,love the colours of a Calico-kitty:lovestruck:
Amandais just stunning,how could anyone dump her:yell:
I hope it works out with DU and Amanda,it could be tricky,but don't despair:cat:

breeze
May 30th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Jim They are both very beautiful kitties!! :thumbs up:thumbs up

you don't post enough pictures of them......

Jim Hall
May 30th, 2008, 08:56 AM
:eek: DU looks like my Peanuts!!! :cloud9: pretty girl

and she's a calico not tortie :P

calico girls are all very special.

Amanda looks very fluffy and cute too:cloud9:

i get all kinds of diff opinions on wehther she is a tortie or a calico what is the difference ?

lol amanda will be fluffy after a good shampoo right niw she smells like an oil rag and is greasy from hanging out in the garage

breeze
May 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
dirty or not she is beautiful... love the stripe on her back....

krdahmer
May 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I think Calicos have white patches. Either way she's a purty girl... and so is the latest rescue!

14+kitties
May 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
DU is gorgeous!! I love her colours. She is a very lucky kitty to have you looking after her. Amanda is beautiful too. I have a feeling she may turn into more than a foster. :fingerscr

Ford Girl
May 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Jim, they are both so cute!!! Its about time we "met" DU. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Now, where's a picture of you, Maria, DU and Amanda? A family photo if you will....:cloud9: :cloud9:

ancientgirl
May 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
It's so nice to finally see DU! She's beautiful and so is Amanda!

onster
May 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM
DU's toy (??) next to her in the first pic looks like a mini DU! Same colourings, lol.

She is beuatiful though, I'm gaining a whole new appreciation for calicos :lovestruck:

Amanda is gorgeous too and one lucky kitty to have u around :)

Winston
May 30th, 2008, 08:28 PM
OMG Jim! There she is! I cant beleive it! I was starting to think you really didnt have DU..just kidding! She is a beauty! She does not look like she has a care in the world! I remember the first few months you had her! god it was baby steps eh! and for your new foster! she is a sweetheart too! I love the mask on her face!

How is that coming along? do you have her already?

Cindy

Jim Hall
May 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
thanks all yes she is real :cloud9: and Du has come so far in a year a lot furfhur

than i would have imagined

is post more but A i have no idea where put the camera and B the battteries went to batt heaven i goota get some recharge or buy duracell stock

angeldogs
May 30th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Love the markings and coloring of the kitties.

growler~GateKeeper
May 31st, 2008, 02:00 AM
i get all kinds of diff opinions on wehther she is a tortie or a calico what is the difference ?

Calicos have distinct solid patches of colour White/Black/Orange(sometimes Cream) you can see where each colour begins and ends - like your DU, Jiorji's Peanut & my :rip: Mischief

Calico Mischief - she has way more white than most calicos cuz she was a Siamese cross (colour only on her points) but you can see where the black ends and the orange starts

Torties have blended colours Black/Orange/Cream(no white) but can have smaller patches within the blends - like krdamer's Cordelia (pic in the may challenge first page), my mum's KitKat and my Duffy

KitKat lighter colour longhair Tortie

Duffy darker colour shorthair Tortie you can see the solid cream patch on half her chin but her side is black/orange/cream all mixed together

both KitKat & Duffy have tiny patches of colour but most of their colours are blended together

Jim Hall
May 31st, 2008, 02:27 AM
ahhh ty that makes a lot of sense

Jim Hall
May 31st, 2008, 10:50 AM
AM i doing this ok or forcing it

I caouldnt resist letting manda out to explore but du wont come by me she retreats i rushed it didnt I ?

Frenchy
May 31st, 2008, 02:32 PM
AM i doing this ok or forcing it

I caouldnt resist letting manda out to explore but du wont come by me she retreats i rushed it didnt I ?

I think after 48 hours , I let Paddy out for about 20 minutes a day ...

katherine93
May 31st, 2008, 02:34 PM
What beautiful kitties! I love both of their markings! Are you keeping amanda?