Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

thanks a heap rescue

Jim Hall
May 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM
so after i spend the day trying to find a rescue for a cat that got tossed out of her home. I get a call from here kitty kitty who i vol for and got Du from
saying "your story is all over the boards and they are all chiding me at here kitty because i wont help.

Wrong!! I told evryone who bothered to call me back 2 out of 25 that leslee will be glad to let me foster but i wanted to get her into a xhelter

So even though y'all couldnt call me back or find a rescue for me or suggested I bring her to the pound (great idea that) :rolleyes:

you can call and post about mean leslee who wont help
the more i deal with theses orgs the more i see that a lot of it is ego.
yeah yeah I know theres a lot of cats out there and y'all full but for pities sake either help or shut up

leslees going to find me a big cat condo and i will get amamnda and foster her the poor girl has been hanging out in a garage and smells like an old oil rag

ancientgirl
May 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
These people should know better and not let their egos get in the way of helping an animal, which is what they are in the business of doing. I wonder sometimes about some of these shelters.

14+kitties
May 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I don't know what the laws are in the US as far as numbers go. Is there a certain number of cats a rescue/shelter can have? Were the rescues all full?

I have been told by some that if "the town" found out about me that they would take my cats away. :wall: But yet a "farm" can have as many unfixed, inbred, underfed kitties running around as they want. Makes no sense to me either.

Good Luck to you and Amanda (my daughter's name btw) :thumbs up

krdahmer
May 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM
There are by-laws about how many pets you can have.... but when I was helping out a rescue the HS here told me they only enforce it if you get complaints (if they are straying all over the neighbourhood, yeowling all night etc) or if you are not properly caring for the animals. I told her I had 6, and she said that as long as they have proper food, shelter and medical care.... there really is no issue.

Seeing as you 14+ take care of those 20 or so better than most do 1-2, I don't think you have anything to worry about, plus I think if they did say anything, you could just put through paperwork to become a rescue/santuary and stave them off that way. Plus I believe all of us here would rally for you and sign petitions and picket on your lawn if we had to! ;)

All the rescues I've dealt with have been great and do all that they can. Now the HS on the other hand is the one with all the excuses and double standards here. They will bend over backwards to help a dog, but cats, they don't even bother with. (I called about one that had been hit by a car, they said they'd be happy to dispose of it IF I stopped on the busy highway and brought it to them! :frustrated: I said that it could still be alive but I was unable to stop, they said that didn't change their answer! By the time I went back, someone had stopped and picked it up already.:sad::pray:)

Good luck with this latest kitty in need Jim!:angel2:

ancientgirl
May 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
All the rescues I've dealt with have been great and do all that they can. Now the HS on the other hand is the one with all the excuses and double standards here. They will bend over backwards to help a dog, but cats, they don't even bother with. (I called about one that had been hit by a car, they said they'd be happy to dispose of it IF I stopped on the busy highway and brought it to them! :frustrated: I said that it could still be alive but I was unable to stop, they said that didn't change their answer! By the time I went back, someone had stopped and picked it up already.:sad::pray:)

Good luck with this latest kitty in need Jim!:angel2:

That's horrifying!

onster
May 29th, 2008, 10:58 AM
sorry theyre being a pain Jim. Good luck :fingerscr

Krdahmer our HS here is about just as useless :frustrated:

Jim Hall
May 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM
i understand about them being full but dont yell at other orgs

Love4himies
May 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear you are having such problems with trying to rescue poor "garage kitty". Hope you get her soon, you are such an :angel:

Frenchy
May 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
the more i deal with theses orgs the more i see that a lot of it is ego.

I know about this , I hear you , I live it sometimes , it's very frustrating. But some of them might be burned out , volunteering for cat rescues must be very frustrating , you place one cat , 10-20 more need to come into rescue. :sad:

Thank you for helping Amanda ! :angel: :grouphug: