Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi Everyone! I'm new here!

amilee
May 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone!
I came across this site when I was browsing dog information at work (Iím a summer student and I have a lot of free time). I LOVE animals and I wish I could spend all my time and devote my life to animals but sadly it does not pay the bills. This summer Iím hopefully going to volunteer at the humane society either walking dogs or feeding kittens! I have three pets, and by this weekend Iíll have four! I have a Chinese crested powder puff dog named skipper a Holland Lop Rabbit named Fou Fou and a Budgie named Pretty (lame I know but we couldnít think of another name) and this weekend I am rescuing a male budgie from someone in Newmarket who can no longer care for him. All my other pets are females (it just kind of worked out like that, it wasnít by choice). I joined this site because I was reading some of your posts and everyone seemed to LOVE animals. I love to volunteer and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where I can volunteer, or whether volunteering for the Toronto Humane Society my best option.
Thanks! :)

Amy

want4rain
May 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
welcome to pets.ca!! LOTS of volunteers here. :) quite a few in your area who should have good advice. you have any pics?? :D

-ash

amilee
May 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
How do I post pictures! :S

hazelrunpack
May 28th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Welcome amilee!

If you have pictures out on a photosharing site, you can post the link right away.

If you'll be uploading attachments, you'll have to wait another day and post a few more times before you can upload (there's a delay built in to discourage spammers).

Can't wait to see the pics! And congrats on your new budgie addition. :thumbs up

Frenchy
May 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Welcome to pets.ca ! And good for you for wanting to volunteer , my best guess would be the humane society but I'm not from Ontario ...