Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Grain Free Wet Dog food

deb12
May 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Okay, here is a question, I know a lot of people on this board would know!

I am looking for a grain free wet for Nova, just as a treat and to add a little fun for a treat once and a while.

All names and makes are fine, plus if you have warnings about then too, just pass it on, it would help big time!

geisha
May 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Just off the top of my head, Wellness & Innova Evo make grainfree wet food. California Natural Salmon, Mackerel & Sweet potato is also grainfree.
:thumbs up

clm
May 29th, 2008, 06:48 AM
The 2 different brands that I use are Wellness and Natures Variety Instinct.

Wellness has 2 types of grain free and multiple varieties in each type- one type with sweat potato added and the other a 95% meat type including a fish variety.

Natures Variety Instinct has 4 or 5 varieties, haven't seen a fish one for it though.

Cindy

bendyfoot
May 29th, 2008, 08:51 AM
GO! Naturals also make some grain-free. My girls are gaga for their fishy variety, but they make a nice chicken based one too.

deb12
May 29th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Awesome suggestions, I will give them a try, CLM is Natures Variety Instinct the one with the Border Collie on the front? I found one that says Instinct only on it..... I am easily :confused:

Thanks

clm
May 29th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Yes it has a border collie on the front. You can get Chicken, Duck, Rabbit, can't think of the 4th variety. My dogs go snakey for the rabbit. They like the duck and the chicken too, but the rabbit is a big hit.

Cindy

deb12
May 30th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Awesome going to go get some today for her, I will tell you how it went!!!!

Thank you

RaceLaguna
May 30th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evanger's makes some grain free canned food (my dog loves the "Hunk o' Beef")...it is simply a big chunk of beef slow cooked in the can. Looks like people food!

Also, Merrick has a new line of dry and wet food, called Before Grain, and they have several 100% meat in cans. Chicken, Beef, Buffalo, etc.

Best of luck! :D

becmonchu
June 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I also recommend Merricks! I got my pup the Granny Pot Pie and he loves it.
I also have him on the Wellness wet too. I think Global PetFoods carry it and so does PetValu.