Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh Poo... Stray Dog

want4rain
May 27th, 2008, 04:09 PM
who looks exactly liek Mister!!! i shoudl run him to the vets to see if he is Microchipped but i ahve the kids with me... he is intact but friendly as all get out!

-ash

want4rain
May 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM
we had a lead, turns out it wasnt, he got out of the fence, other neighbors found him thinking he was our dog brought him to our house... now he is walking aroudn the 'pre planned community' across the street hoping someone will see him.

i just packed away dinner.... sure could use some more!!

-ash

Jim Hall
May 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
no idea whise dog it is ?

want4rain
May 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM
not a clue but we are a highly populated woody area.... 3 houses down and you have no clue what goes on there unless you stop and talk to them.

-ash

want4rain
May 28th, 2008, 07:26 AM
:sad: i dropped him off at the shelter last night. i put him in Misters fence and he got out twice. i tied him out in the front but he howled for an hour. my neighbor walked him all over across the street(over 50 houses) and then down two of the streets behind us (another 25 houses) and she said he didnt look like he was drawn to any house. i knocked on doors up and down the streets behind us asking if anyone knew whose he was. a woman thought he was a renters dog up the road but it turns out their black lab was smaller than this one, besides they had moved last month and that they had seen him around the last 3 or 4 days loose.

so because someone A) let their dog loose, B) wasnt looking too terribly hard for him, C) were too irresponsible to put tags on him i had to spend my evening (4 hours or so) trying to hunt them down... in the end i had to shove THEIR dog into a little metal box and lock the door. i hate people.

unfortunately they are closed to the public today. i wrote this huge epic note begging for a mercy call when i dropped him off. i will try calling later just in case someone is moved to answer the phone. failing that i will go up there on thursday to see how he is doing or if he had been claimed.

-ashley

Jim Hall
May 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
your a saint thats true

want4rain
May 28th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Jim, it doesnt take a saint to do the right thing.

-ashley

geisha
May 30th, 2008, 10:05 PM
You really are an angel. I enjoy reading your adventures. Didn't you save that puppy from getting run over awhile back?:angel:

want4rain
June 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
getting run over by me!! LOL yeah she is living with a lawyer now who is spoiling the snot out of her.

so abotu that stray.... i went by the SPCA today to see how he was doing and he was gone!!!! the owners came and picked him up. :) apparently he waslost by about 15 miles!!! its called 'the sticks' out that way. they said they were getting him chipped but no comment was made to get him fixed.

do you see this (http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A096498&LOCATION=ORNC&searchtype=ADOPT&start=4&stylesheet=include/default.css&friends=1&samaritans=1&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_animal_short&nomax=1&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&zip=27516&miles=5&shelterlist='ORNC'&atype=&where=type_DOG) thing?!?!?! its so painfully hard not to bring him home. perfect in every single way. ive been begging Chris... i wonder what he would do if we just brought him home???

-ashley