Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

jumping

snowflake1
May 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
i have a alomost 9 month old husky/german shepard cross. I am trying to teach her not to jump at people. Right now if she jumps, i make her sit before giving any attention. Some one also told me to make her submit if she is jumping.
She mostly jumps when people she hasn't seen for awhile some over or new people come over. or when me or my husband come home from work. Also I have taken her to the local dog park and she actually jumped at someone. she does jump up to bite people she jumps up to give them kisses.
Any suggestion on how to control her jumping.

angeldogs
May 27th, 2008, 12:44 AM
When she go to jump at you and your hubby when you come home tell her off and ignore her till she is calm before you give her attenion.for your company when they come over put a leash on her so you have controll of her and put her in a sit stay.look at her feet if she is sitting with her feet wide or even with her side she is ready to jump at anytime.you want her feet tucked in.if sitting isn't working have her lay down and your company ignore when they come in till she is calm.and they are ready togreet her.if she is laying down don't release her till she is laying with her hips to the side.if she is laying with her feet under she can get up quick to jump.no attenion if she is jumping and isn't calm and attention when calm.she will catch on that she will get lovings when calm and none when jumping up on people.

snowflake1
May 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
thank you those are great suggestion. I have be ignoring her when she is jumping, until she calms down. But i will watch her feet to watch the signs. :)

angeldogs
May 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM
My boy was like that.now when i come home he will stay where he is and if he comes to me he is calm.my bro's boy will get all excited to see me and i tell him calm and ignore him.with in a few minutes he calms down for his attention.