Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need pictures!!

LavenderRott
May 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Of rescued "dangerous" dogs.

Recently, a county in my area passed a resolution that all pit bulls (and mixes thereof or any dog that the shelter staff deemed a pit bull based on their vast knowledge :wall:) shall be held for 4-7 days and then euthanized if not claimed by an owner with paperwork proving ownership. Of course, if your dog is picked up and they think it is a pit bull, the fine you will pay to get your dog back is $500 as opposed the the usual $100 if you let your poodle run loose.

I am trying to put together some material, including a website, to present not only to the county lawmakers, but to my state representative to put a stop to the BSL BS.

They say a picture says a thousand words. So I would love to have some pictures to put on my website of rescued dogs - before and after would be great - to show that these dogs aren't the problem.

Thank you for any help you can give me. (And yes, as soon as the website is ready, I will share a link.)

pitgrrl
May 26th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Are you looking for photos of specific subject matter? Like dogs with kids or whatever?

LavenderRott
May 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Dogs with kids would be great! I do understand that many people don't want to put pictures of their children "out there", though.

Honestly - I will take anything that shows our "dangerous" dogs in a good light.

Winston
May 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I just did a quick search here under BSL and there are some articles there...I was looking for a girls name that posted for this before. I am pretty sure it was babyrocky...hope this helps

Cindy

want4rain
May 26th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Sandi, you have a PM! let me know if any of my munchkins make it up there!! i also forgot to say that i could probably get pics of my moms and sisters pitties chewing on the kids... i know Prietta is particularly fond of little boys toes!!

-ashley

Winston
May 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Hey Ash

What about Alice? isnt she a pittie? you could show her when she first showed up and now?

Cindy

want4rain
May 26th, 2008, 07:14 PM
no 'now' pics but i did send Sandi the pics of her hanging out with the kids.... and sleeping on my butt! :laughing:

im brain storming some pics of Prietta and Dee O Gee with the kids. :) thats two other dogs... but the same kids!!!

-ashley

Rottielover
May 26th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Take this one to the road, LOL HAHAHAHa, dangerous my butt

Rottielover
May 26th, 2008, 07:45 PM
The day I picked her up in a snow storm from the shelter

LavenderRott
May 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Can I use them?

Rottielover
May 26th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sure you can, anything for a good cause

angeldogs
May 26th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Does the breed matter.Ben in the pics for rainbow is a rescue and is bullmastiff/sheppard cross.if that is good enough being black and white you can use it if it's what your looking for

Ford Girl
May 27th, 2008, 11:18 AM
K, I will get you some, my friend has two pitties and 2 young kids, the dogs are huge sucks. :angel: :angel:

Can you PM me your email address so I can forward them to you? I will get their approval to post them. :)

wdawson
May 27th, 2008, 11:36 AM
i have some of beathoven,not full pit but he does fall under bsl up here,the pics i have though are not with children though,well not young ones anyway,pm me if you need some.

chico2
May 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Lavenderott,I am sure Lucky(formerly Lucky Rescue) has plenty of pics of her beautiful Chloe(:rip:)who was a Staffie,Chloe with cats etc..
I only have one,but this is after she passed so suddenly:sad:.

duttypaws
May 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM
hey if your worried about kids faces... you can uploade them to photbucket and smudge out their faces... OR just paint a circle over them in windows paint.

erykah1310
May 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Does it have to be rescues?
Kita technically has never had anything bad in her life happen to her (other than her serious fight with the Shih Tzu that kicked her butt royally) but people are always quick to label her due to her coloring. She must be an aggressive dog right? She is brindle after all, has a "blocky" head, short fur and looks like a little power house due to her trim physique.
I always loved this picture of her and the bunch of cats on the couch. If you could lighten it up a bit you can use it if you want.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/kikit.jpg

LavenderRott
May 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Thank you all! I have some excellent pictures and am expecting more. I will sort through them and put up several.

I promise - when the website is finished, I will put the link in my signature.

chico2
May 28th, 2008, 06:55 AM
OMG Erykah,I did not even notice the kitten at first(need new glasses:laughing:)that is just an adorable pic:lovestruck:

Ford Girl
May 29th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Hey! I emailed them to you, but thought I would post them too, so cute!!!

These are pitties living in Ontario, the biggest sucks ever!! They live with a family, 2 kids. :angel: :angel:

angeldogs
May 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Those pics are cute.the second pic a big smile on my face

BMDLuver
May 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
This is a picture of Abigail after she was adopted. She lived with myself and my two little girls who were 2 and 3 at the time for six months until she found her forever home with the pitt\dalmation in the picture. Best dog we ever fostered.

angeldogs
May 29th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Awww look at those two face in the car:lovestruck::cloud9:

katherine93
June 2nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
I dont know if this will be any help to you or not but this is a link to hundreds of breeds of dogs that have taken temperment tests and the pit bull scored better than most! 84.3 % passed , Did better then chi's And the akitas. http://www.atts.org/stats1.html