Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oldies!

meg4050
May 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Well I finally got around to going through some old boxes in my room and came across a pile of old pictures if my furbabies :lovestruck: I'll try to keep this chronological!

First was our first Springer, Candy :rip: My very first dog ever, we grew up together :D

meg4050
May 25th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Then Candy needed a friend, so we got my first kitty, Midnight :lovestruck: He passed just over a year ago after 18 years together!

meg4050
May 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Midnight and Candy were the best of friends so after Candy died from cancer, Midnight was depressed for a little while and we decided to test out a new dog, and of course get another Springer so we didn't confuse him too much. You guys all know this guy ;) just have never seen him this young! :D Barkley!!

The first two are the day we brought him home, at 11 weeks and then the third is at 3 1/2 months

meg4050
May 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
A couple more of Barkley... first at about 5 months, and second at 7 months after his first grooming, sporting the signature Barkley smile :lovestruck:

meg4050
May 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Then came Morgan :cloud9:, my baby! She was my brother's dog but due to a messy break-up she was safer in my house so we took her in an she immediatley bonded to me. Her and Barkley were separated in age by only a week and Barkley loooved having her around. She was a lab/pittie cross and the best dog I've ever encountered (shhh don't tell Barkley!) but died of liver failure after being poisoned when she was only 5 :cry: I miss her everyday!

meg4050
May 25th, 2008, 10:55 PM
A few of the pups together, one with Storm, my brother's ex's pittie

:D The End :cloud9:

otter
May 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM
What wonderful fur family and memories :lovestruck:
I'm sure Candy, Midnight, Morgan and Storm are all watching over you and Barley and Peaches and Romeo to ensure you are safe and happy and healthy :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
May 26th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks for sharing your great pics Meg :thumbs up

Candy, Midnight great when you have a dog & cat bonded so close and Morgan :lovestruck: were all gorgeous and lucky to have you and Barkley just adorable puppy pics :cloud9: Storm's adorable too :cloud9:

angeldogs
May 26th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Wonderful pictures.it's nice to have them so we can look back and smile.

hazelrunpack
May 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM
:flirt: :lovestruck: :flirt:

Such beautiful springers! Candy was just a gorgeous girl--and Barkley as a pup!!!!! :cloud9: *madame hazel swoons in the background* "Get the smelling salts, hazel!"

This is the first I've heard of Midnight...companion to the Stars! :D Beautiful kitty!

And sweet Morgan! She was so beautiful :cloud9:

Great pictures, meg... Thanks for sharing the memories! :grouphug:

Chris21711
May 26th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Took an eon to come in, great pics Meg. One of these days I will learn how to use the stupid scanner and then I can share. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/secret.gif

rainbow
May 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
What a great trip down memory lane with all your beautiful fuzzbutts. :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

meg4050
May 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
:flirt: :lovestruck: :flirt:

Such beautiful springers! Candy was just a gorgeous girl--and Barkley as a pup!!!!! :cloud9: *madame hazel swoons in the background* "Get the smelling salts, hazel!"

This is the first I've heard of Midnight...companion to the Stars! :D Beautiful kitty!

And sweet Morgan! She was so beautiful :cloud9:

Great pictures, meg... Thanks for sharing the memories! :grouphug:

:D Thanks guys!

Hazel, after seeing pictures of Candy I think she was A LOT bigger than Barkley!!

I haven't talked much about Midnight because it was tough for awhile, he was the longest pet I've ever had and he passed around the same time as some other things going on so it was hard thinking about it. Sometimes I think Barkley wishes Romeo would calm down andcuddle with him like Midnight did :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
May 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Sometimes I think Barkley wishes Romeo would calm down andcuddle with him like Midnight did :lovestruck:

It'll happen...some day when you least expect it, you'll wander into a room and they'll be spoonin' on the couch :laughing:

14+kitties
May 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM
What a wonderful tribute/memorial to your pets. :grouphug: to you for putting it together. I am sure it brought back some good memories. Beautiful babies. :cloud9:

Frenchy
May 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Meg these are beautiful pictures ! :cloud9: Candy was a beauty , and Morgan , so shiny :lovestruck: and of course , Midnight :cat: I like black kitties :lovestruck:

meg4050
May 26th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Meg these are beautiful pictures ! :cloud9: Candy was a beauty , and Morgan , so shiny :lovestruck: and of course , Midnight :cat: I like black kitties :lovestruck:
We have similar taste in kitties :thumbs up

It'll happen...some day when you least expect it, you'll wander into a room and they'll be spoonin' on the couch :laughing:
Mom just got a new couch....and Barkley's not allowed on it... yet ;) just wait til the next time I'm home!

What a wonderful tribute/memorial to your pets. :grouphug: to you for putting it together. I am sure it brought back some good memories. Beautiful babies. :cloud9:

Thanks 14+, they sure did :D I forgot I used to sneak Candy onto my bed before my parents came upstairs and hide her in stuffies... didn't work so well! :rolleyes: