-->

A couple of Baxter and Bentley from this weekend

clm
May 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
They're not liking the warmer weather much, but we are. :laughing:

Cindy

Crestedcrazy
May 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Wow Beautiful dogs but I would imagine they are of the few who are looking forward to winter :)

growler~GateKeeper
May 26th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Looks like the boys were hoping for a dip in the pond while no one was looking :laughing:

Do you have a kids swimming pool for them? or do they hate getting in the water?

TeriM
May 26th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Those are great :cloud9:, seems like they are pretty happy in the sunshine in those pics but I imagine they much prefer evening romps under the stars :).

clm
May 26th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Looks like the boys were hoping for a dip in the pond while no one was looking :laughing:

Do you have a kids swimming pool for them? or do they hate getting in the water?

Baxter hates getting wet, he's true to his breed that way. Bentley on the other hand loves water, not enough to swim in it though, so the pond is in no danger of a swimming hair ball. :laughing: We're going to get him a kiddie pool to bounce around in this summer.

Cindy

chico2
May 26th, 2008, 07:33 AM
OMG,they are just so incredibly fluffy and cute:laughing:
I would imagne with such a beautiful furcoat they would get hot.
Do they ever get a trim?

clm
May 26th, 2008, 07:44 AM
OMG,they are just so incredibly fluffy and cute:laughing:
I would imagne with such a beautiful furcoat they would get hot.
Do they ever get a trim?

No, they don't get shaved down like English Sheepdogs. Not supposed to do that with this breed, I'm not sure why. They learn to really appreciate the air conditioning in the house in the summer.
Like TeriM said, under the stars is their favorite time outside in summer.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
May 26th, 2008, 10:23 AM
They have such beautiful manes! :lovestruck: Even in the summer, I'd wanna bury my fingers in that fur! :cloud9: The boys are looking mighty good, clm, even if they don't enjoy the heat! Do they always smile? Or just for the camera? :D

14+kitties
May 26th, 2008, 10:35 AM
beautiful as always! Poor babies with the heat though. I bet shade and air conditioning are their best friends in the summer.

clm
May 26th, 2008, 12:45 PM
They have such beautiful manes! :lovestruck: Even in the summer, I'd wanna bury my fingers in that fur! :cloud9: The boys are looking mighty good, clm, even if they don't enjoy the heat! Do they always smile? Or just for the camera? :D

Funny you should say that, for the longest time every pic I took of Bentley he wouldn't smile. Baxter almost always does, but Bentley was always looking so serious. They really do have a blast together, that's for sure.

Cindy

Frenchy
May 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Do they always smile? Or just for the camera? :D

+ look at their pointy ears :laughing: so with the smile and the ears = :evil:

:laughing: they're too cute and I'm sure they are really :angel:

clm
May 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
+ look at their pointy ears :laughing: so with the smile and the ears = :evil:

:laughing: they're too cute and I'm sure they are really :angel:

No, you had it right with the first line. :evil::laughing:

Frenchy
May 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
No, you had it right with the first line. :evil::laughing:

:laughing: they must be so funny together ... :lovestruck:

rainbow
May 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Awww, your beautiful boys :lovestruck: ....they always bring a smile to my face. :cloud9:

want4rain
May 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
heat.

heat. heat... you Canadians keep talking about heat.... i didnt even know you guys had air conditioners up there!! heck my dad lives in MI USA and doesnt have an air conditioner!!! my back deck read 41.5C for over a week last summer... in the shade.

heat... :laughing:

-ash

BTW clm... your dogs are so unrealistically adorable!!! a friend ofmine uses this special paper for some of his photographs... ill see if i can get the name of it from him... your pups would look amazingly life like!! they are so pretty!

clm
May 26th, 2008, 03:08 PM
heat.

heat. heat... you Canadians keep talking about heat.... i didnt even know you guys had air conditioners up there!! heck my dad lives in MI USA and doesnt have an air conditioner!!! my back deck read 41.5C for over a week last summer... in the shade.

heat... :laughing:

-ash

:laughing: 29 C with the humidex here today and I hate it. :laughing: I like it like it was yesterday, clear fresh and a whole 21C. That's perfect for me. I wouldn't survive in the southern states for sure.

Cindy

ancientgirl
May 26th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Your boys always bring a smile to my face. They always look so happy and of course, fluffy! I don't think they'd like Miami much.

want4rain
May 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
*snort* i whine about where im at but man, while ancientgirl might get the same temps we do, her humidity is a hundred bazillion times higher!! talk about frizzy puppy hair there!!

on a little more serious note, i *loathe* seeing obviously northern breeds down here.

-ashley

clm
May 26th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I know, I don't know why you would have a northern breed in a hot climate. Lot's of people have em though. There's a rescue group in California that I would have loved to adopt a couple of kees from a few times over the years, but they refuse to adopt out of state. :confused:

Cindy

krdahmer
May 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM
The one on the right they look like they are laughing together at something! :lovestruck: And I bet those coats would be a little warm on days like today! :eek:.... but they are so fluffy and cute!

angeldogs
May 26th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I just love seeing pics of your boys.

growler~GateKeeper
May 27th, 2008, 01:51 AM
No, they don't get shaved down like English Sheepdogs. Not supposed to do that with this breed, I'm not sure why. They learn to really appreciate the air conditioning in the house in the summer.

The coats on all northern breeds protect & insulate them from not only the cold but also from the heat. The coat won't grow back in properly if shaved, and will cause them to shed more the next fall when they blow thier coat.

From http://www.preciouspawsgrooming.com/ShavingCoatedDogs.aspx
Shaving Double-Coated Dogs
Please read and beware of the following:
- Double coats act as insulation from heat as well as cold and without them they are defenseless against the weather.

- Once a double-coated dog has been shaved down, they may require continuous shaving because once the coat comes back in, it may be even thicker than before.

- Dogs that have been shaved down can easily get sun-burned.

- The double coat protects against biting flies and mosquitoes.

- Some dogs get a complex after having their coat taken off.

- The coat sometimes does not grow back in properly, have it's original texture, length or colour, leaving areas of bald spots on the dog with sparse coarse hair covering them.

- Most dogs look "ugly" shaved down (since that is not their natural look).

- Not being used to being "naked", the dog sometimes continue to scratch just as hard as when they had their coat. Then they irritate the already freshly clipped skin, creating hot spots and ear hematomas.