Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RIORDON2
May 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hi all! Just a quick note to say hello. Can you tell me how to insert a photo of my dog "Buddy"? :shrug: We did a dna test on him and it came back as 100% beagle. However, he doesn't have the "normal" physical features as a beagle. (He has very long legs and is thinner from the shoulders to hips) and most people we meet say he isn't a beagle but a Harrier hound. We're so confused :confused: and need all the help we can get. Would this be a good place to start?
Thanks to everyone who might be able to help.
Marty

hazelrunpack
May 25th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hi, Marty. Welcome to the board.

Unless you post a link to a picture of him on a photo-sharing site, you won't be able to show us Buddy for a couple of days. There's a delay built into the board to discourage spammers which will prevent you from uploading an attachment until you've made a few more posts and a little time has passed (sorry but I can't remember what the delay is...I think it might be 36 hours and a minimum of 5 posts, but don't quote me on that :o).

Buddy sounds like a good-looking boy, whether or not he matches the standards set for beagles. :D We have some atypical-looking pure-bred setters, but they're all gems. :cloud9: Is it really going to matter to your relationship with him if he looks like a harrier instead of a beagle?

So I guess I'm not really sure what sort of help you're looking for? :shrug:

At any rate, I'm looking forward to pictures of Buddy when you're able to post them! :thumbs up

angeldogs
May 25th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

RIORDON2
May 25th, 2008, 04:11 PM
It wont matter at all if Buddy is a Beagle or Harrier.:dog: We love him to death!! :lovestruck:He gives my wife fits by stealing her slippers all the time to play "keep away" Hee hee!! :laughing: He is two years old and acts like a 9 month old puppy! He is a sweetheart to everyone and loves to play with all the other dogs he meets on his walks and at the dog park. I guess we're just curious is all.:fingerscr
Thanks again and hopefully, I'll be able to get a photo to share soon.
Marty

marko
May 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hi Riordon2,

Effective immediately you can now post pictures. Just look for the manage attachments button when you try to post.

Thanks,

Marko

hazelrunpack
May 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
We have an 18-month old rescue, Brier, who is making up for lost play time with stolen slippers, too! :laughing: He lets us catch him, though, cuz he likes practicing his 'give' response. :D He'll steal towels and eat entire rolls of toilet paper, too. :rolleyes:

Buddy sounds like a real character! I think he and Brier would get along really well, but we'd all be tearing our hair out at their shenanigans! :crazy:

otter
May 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yup, breeds have "standards" but, that doesn't mean there isn't dogs of that breed that aren't quite "standard". As long as you love him as a Beagle, call him a beagle (or whatever you want to call him) then he will be a beagle :lovestruck: Hee, hee, I used to have a cat that acted like a dog.... should I have called her a dog???:laughing:

Can't wait for a picture!!

Sylvie
May 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome

I agree not all dogs meet the standards. Our GSD was too tall and many people said that he was not purebred, but we did have his papers. None the less he was a wonderful dog and we still miss him. One man even said that he was crossed with a great dane. He was very tall.

So just enjoy your furkid. :D