Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

King finally joined our family

King
May 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM
King finally joined our family today!!!! I am excited, yet my son doesn't know he's here yet, I will surprise him when his father drops him off, he was supposed to come next Sunday but he is eating wet food now with alittle bit of chrunchy food, he will be soooo happy to see him. He (King) made himself comfy between the kitchen cupboards and the freezer so I had to go and get a blanket to make it softer for him.....pictures to come.........

katherine93
May 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Congatulations!!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!! Hehe :thumbs up

angeldogs
May 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Congrats.you must be super happy to have him home.
Can't wait to see some pics.

King
May 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I am sorry I am unable to upload cause my pictures are bigger then 100 something. I do have one question though it seems not to be answered in my books. He has long nails and is sticking to the carpet when he walks. I know you have to get the used to being handled but is there a certian age when they get there first nails clipped or can I get them done now. I will work on getting the pictures on here though

LavenderRott
May 25th, 2008, 03:34 PM
How old is he?

King
May 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
He will be 7 weeks on Wednesday, I don't know if its to early yet he is sticking to the carpet when he walks and I don't want him to hurt himself.

LavenderRott
May 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM
While it is too early for him to be seperated from his mom and littermates, you should be safely able to trim his nails. If you are unsure as to how to do it, take him to the vet to get him done. No grooming salons until his shots are complete.

King
May 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
okay thank you. I have read that the puppies can go to its new home within 6 to 8 weeks. I didn't think it was wrong the mother won't let them drink from her anymore cause of the teeth (I am guessing) when she was rubbing the blanket on the mother so I could have her sent for him all she did was growl at the owner when she got close. Would there be any problems with taking him earlier?

katherine93
May 25th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Casey was taken from her mother at 5 weeks.. If not its quite possible her mother could have killed all the pups.She started becoming very aggresive towards the pups.It didnt hurt her to be taken away. And she was eating on her own.

t.pettet
May 25th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Pups at that age have little hook like ends on their nails, so just trim them off and he'll stop sticking to carpets.

LavenderRott
May 25th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Taking an entire litter from an aggressive bitch is not uncommon, but the puppies should be kept together until they are at least 8 weeks old (toy breeds until they are 12 weeks old). The things that puppies at this age learn from their mom and litter mates are irreplaceable and taking a puppy too soon can lead to behavioural issues later on.

Do your homework on puppy stages (sorry, I don't have the websites bookmarked on this computer) so that you know when your fear stages are. I also HIGHLY recommend finding your pup a puppy kindergarten class to attend (with you!) as soon as he has had all of his shots.

FYI - in the U.S., many states have laws against selling puppies under 8 weeks of age.

King
May 25th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I have some books on puppy training and reading them constantly I do not want to do anything wrong, I want to make sure King grows up to be a wonderful well trained dog. The states may have different rules however if that is the case I wish that every person that sells puppies would know what the proper ages to let the puppies go to there new homes I am alittle worried because King is a toy breed and the twelve weeks really makes me nervous, I can only say that we will work with King every day to make sure he lives a happy healthy life........

King
May 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I hope I did this right I had to shrink it just to get it on here.

angeldogs
May 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Oh my looks like a little darling:lovestruck::cloud9: