Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lukka in remission no longer

Lukka'sma
May 24th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Looks like the MM is back again:sad:
I am going to start her on Pred again this morning and with any luck have this under control in a few days time.
I was hoping for more than just 5 months before it started again.:cry:

Frenchy
May 24th, 2008, 08:34 AM
What's the MM again ? :o Is this has to do with her log or with her jaw ?

I'm so sorry LM :sad:

:grouphug:

Lukka'sma
May 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
What's the MM again ? :o Is this has to do with her log or with her jaw ?

I'm so sorry LM :sad:

:grouphug:

yes, Masticatory Myositis.

BusterBoo
:pray: So sorry to hear that Lukka not doing well.

:fingerscr that the meds work! :cry:

chico2
Oh no,poor you,poor beautiful Lukka,I hope it is not the jaw-thing:pray:
I too forgot what MM stands for..

Stacer
May 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Poor Lukka, I hope you can get it under control again.

Tommysmom
May 24th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry, Lukka'sma... I hope you get it under control quickly. Poor Lukka just can't seem to catch a break these days, just as the leg is healing this comes back. Big, big hugs to both of you:grouphug::pawprint:.

hazelrunpack
May 24th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Oh, no! :grouphug:s for you and Lukka and Lukka'sPa. You just can't seem to catch a break! :grouphug:

Is she just drooling again or is she having trouble opening the jaw, too? :eek:

:fingerscr that the pred beats it into remission and keeps it there this time! :goodvibes:

Lukka'sma
May 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Oh, no! :grouphug:s for you and Lukka and Lukka'sPa. You just can't seem to catch a break! :grouphug:

Is she just drooling again or is she having trouble opening the jaw, too? :eek:

:fingerscr that the pred beats it into remission and keeps it there this time! :goodvibes:

having a difficult time opening the jaw

hazelrunpack
May 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Oh, the poor dear. :sad: I hope the pred works quickly! We've got all our :fingerscr and 32 crossed :pawprint:s here, rootin' for her! :grouphug:

JanM
May 24th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I'm so sorry you are both having such troubles - my heart goes out to you both.

Lukka'sma
May 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thank you everyone. It has been a difficult time here. I also have been diagnosed last week with a terminal but chronic liver disease, just one more thing to add to the mix.

hazelrunpack
May 24th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Thank you everyone. It has been a difficult time here. I also have been diagnosed last week with a terminal but chronic liver disease, just one more thing to add to the mix.

Terminal, Lukka'sma?!? I'm hoping that was a typo!!! :pray:

Lukka'sma
May 24th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I wish it was a typo.
Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, the good news is that it takes a few years to catch you.

Stacer
May 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
OMG that's awful!! By a few years I hope you mean decades, in which time a cure will be found.

Dr Lee
May 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM
My thoughts are with you both during this difficult time.

rainbow
May 24th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Lukka'sma, I am so sorry to hear the news about you and about Lukka. :grouphug: :grouphug: Sending lots of good wishes to you both. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Lukka'sma
May 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks everyone
There always has to be a fly in the ointment doesn't there.
I will let you all know the moment Lukka can open her mouth full yawn mode again

Tommysmom
May 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Lukka'sma, I don't even know what to say... big :grouphug: from us.

meg4050
May 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM
:sad: I'm so sorry Lukka'sma :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::pray:

angeldogs
May 24th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the both of you two.is there anything they can do for you med wise to slow it down?.
Hope you can get the MM back under control for the poor girl.

Crestedcrazy
May 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
:grouphug:I am so so sorry about you and lukka I wish I had words to express just how sad this makes me and how badly I wish for help for the both of you!!!:cry:

hazelrunpack
May 24th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I'm so sorry, Lukka'sma :grouphug:

:goodvibes: and :fingerscr for both you and Lukka! :grouphug:

TeriM
May 24th, 2008, 06:09 PM
OMG, what an awful time for you and your family. Hugs to Lukka and yourself and hope things get better soon :fingerscr.

:grouphug::pray::grouphug:

Frenchy
May 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I also have been diagnosed last week with a terminal but chronic liver disease, just one more thing to add to the mix.

:sad: I'm so sorry. :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
May 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Sorry to hear about both diagnosis :grouphug: :goodvibes: to you both

JL808
May 25th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hi Lukka'sma,
My dog had MM from when she was 3 and she lived to 12 just passing away last year. By the time we tried prednisone it was too late for her as she could only open her mouth 2 inches. My gut feeling is that the MM was caused by her vaccines, very likely the lepto vaccine. Had I known what I know now, this year, I would have put my dog on enzymes. Have you looked into enzymes instead of the pred? The pred was very uncomfortable for my dog. She was always hungry and had to pee a lot and finally I put a stop to it because she was getting a bladder infection and the doctor was going to add another drug and it was one too many drugs for my poor dog's health so I weaned her off and just did natural stuff, like changed her diet, did accupuncture, etc. Try looking into enzymes for your dog and maybe even for you. Sorry about your diagnosis.
Josephine.

luckypenny
May 25th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I don't know what to say Lukka'sma :sad: . I wish there was something I could do to help too. I'm so sorry :grouphug: .

erykah1310
May 25th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I also have no idea what to say.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you and Lukka.
I'm so sorry to hear.
Hugs to all the Lukka family

katherine93
May 25th, 2008, 03:57 PM
So sorry your doggie isnt doing well :fingerscr for your baby! Just curious what breed of dog is she? Shes absolutely Beautiful!

14+kitties
May 26th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Lukka'sma - I am so sorry to read about Lukka and you. What a tough time for both of you. I will keep you in my prayers that they find meds and or cures that will help both of you. :grouphug: :fingerscr

krdahmer
May 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Poor Lukka and you.... you will both be in my prayers! :pray::grouphug:

Longblades
May 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I'm so sorry, it's not fair. Thinking of you both.

phoozles
May 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
:grouphug: for both of you :goodvibes:

Love4himies
May 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear about both of you. :grouphug:

clm
May 26th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I just don't know what to say Lukka'sma. I feel so bad for you and your family. :grouphug: to all of you. Lukka has been through so much and so have you, it really just doesn't seem fair at all.

Cindy

loopoo
May 28th, 2008, 12:08 AM
you are both in my thoughts and prayers...:grouphug::goodvibes:

breeze
May 28th, 2008, 08:14 AM
:grouphug: for you and :grouphug: for lukka,
I hope they can find the right meds for you and lukka, and then you both can be on the road of recovery..

:fingerscr:goodvibes::grouphug: