Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The gang watchign a squirrel

ancientgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 07:36 PM
They were watching the outside tree so intently, I looked to see what they were seeing. And it was a squirrel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%202/021-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%202/023-1.jpg

This one makes me a little sad to look at. Oksana watching from the sidelines. She doesn't usually stand this far back like she is, but in a way this is her. She's very much her own little kitty. I don't think she likes being alone, but she prefers to be left alone most of the time. When she feels the need for company, she looks for it and allows one of the other 3 to get close to her. But this picture is sort of an illustration of what I think might go on in her mind.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four%202/024.jpg

clm
May 23rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
:laughing: You should put food out for that squirrel every time you want the kitties to sit and behave for a while. :laughing:

Great pics.

Cindy

Winston
May 23rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Ancientgirl thats my girl to a tee! always on the side lines! she likes to get her attention from daddy..she is his suck and not very often..but always in the background! but I dont worry anymore cause I know she is happy anyway..just not a social butterfly!

Love the pics

Cindy

ancientgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Winston, Oksana is my shadow when I'm home. She follows me most of the time, unless she's asleep or on top of the cupboards. She also likes to sit in front of me and stare at me. When I start to pet her, she gets up and walks away. Then she walks back to me, and sits and stares, and again, when I go to start petting her she gets up and walks away. This goes on nightly. I think it's her way of messing with my head.:D

I guess that's just her personality. At least she knows any affection she looks for will be reciprocated. No matter how early she wakes me to pet her, I pet her and then try to get her to lie down. A lot of the times she will fall asleep right next to my pillow, and I love when she does that because I feel that she knows I love her.

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
It's so weird to see that tree just outside your sliding door , a"palmier" (I don't remember the english word for it) must be nice when it's windy :cloud9:

ancientgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, that's a coconut palm outside my window. When it's windy it does sway calmly, unless of course it's hurricane winds LOL, then it's not so nice.

It makes a nice moving shadow on my bedroom wall at night too.:D

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
I only see them on tv , mostly on CSI Miami :laughing:

we don't have those here :sad:

ancientgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
Ah, but I'll tell you a secret. CSI Miami isn't filmed here in Miami. It's filmed in California :D Only any scenes that have any kind of a Miami landmark is actually done here. I recently found this out.

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Ah, but I'll tell you a secret. CSI Miami isn't filmed here in Miami. It's filmed in California :D

:offtopic: :eek: false advertising :yell:

ancientgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 09:44 PM
LOL, sorry! Pretend I never said anything :D

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
LOL, sorry! Pretend I never said anything :D

:laughing:

otter
May 23rd, 2008, 10:16 PM
That picture with all four of the gang is just PURRRRRRFECT!!!:lovestruck::lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
That picture with all four of the gang is just PURRRRRRFECT!!!:lovestruck::lovestruck:

I agree! :thumbs up Very nice... :cloud9: And your kitties have the same taste in entertainment that the Pack does! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
May 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Maks in the second pic is too funny :laughing:

Maybe move another flat top cat stand infront of the window & see what Oksana does? She might want her own space there. :shrug:

ancientgirl
May 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I'm hoping Mr. Squirrel brings his friends! They really enjoyed watching him.

Growler, I actually have my eye on a new flat top stand which I saw at Petsmart. It's like a little bed and a scratching post too. Oksana might want to stand on one of her own rather than share. :D

chico2
May 24th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Those pics are great,love them,perfect kittypics:thumbs up
I feed my squirrels and have for years,buy a bag of peanuts in the shell and your kitties will have fun forever,or any kind of nuts really.

Stacer
May 24th, 2008, 09:19 AM
So very engrossed in the squirrel! I like the second pic with the kitty walking up the window.

rainbow
May 24th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Those are all great pics :lovestruck: but I especially love the second one with Maks on his tippy toes.....too cute. :D

The last pic does make you wonder what's going on in Oksana's mind. :cloud9: It also made me think "WOW.....if you ever move you're going to have a pickup truck load just for all the cat trees, beds and condos. :laughing:

ancientgirl
May 24th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Those pics are great,love them,perfect kittypics:thumbs up
I feed my squirrels and have for years,buy a bag of peanuts in the shell and your kitties will have fun forever,or any kind of nuts really.

I wish I could Chico, but my arms aren't long enough to get a little feeding station on that tree. I'm on the 4th floor.:D

Those are all great pics :lovestruck: but I especially love the second one with Maks on his tippy toes.....too cute. :D

The last pic does make you wonder what's going on in Oksana's mind. :cloud9: It also made me think "WOW.....if you ever move you're going to have a pickup truck load just for all the cat trees, beds and condos. :laughing:

You're not kidding. They have more new furniture than I do! No way would all that stuff fit in my car.

TeriM
May 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Those are great :cloud9:, I especially love the one with Maks all stretched tall :laughing:.