Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We Need Updates!! New addition Updates!

Ford Girl
May 23rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hey, just wondering how the "new" critters are...Stacer and Happycats!?!? Mastifflover?

How are the puppies? And where are the pictures? :frustrated:

Who else got a recent additions? :goodvibes:

Rottielover
May 23rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Well technically she is a new addition to her forever home, before she was a foster. She has been in this home for a little over 2 months now, and I finally got the adoption papers. She is mine, all mine :)

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
..........:laughing: just kidding :sad:

happycats
May 23rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
OMG Frenchy is that you??!!

Ford girl that you so much for asking!!

Buddy is doing amazing, he is the best dog I could ever ask for, he listens very well, is quiet calm, is great with kids and the cats.

He was left home alone for the first time yesterday (DH and I work opposite shifts so there is always someone home) for 3 hours, free in the house, and he did great, not a thing out of place!

He still likes to hide food, and bones, and my garden shoes, and cans out of the recycle bin. He also loves to steal the cats food (bowl and all).

I just LOVE Buddy, he is such a sweet kind gentle dog!!
My son loves his furbrother and shares all his meals with him:rolleyes:
Buddy also has my DH wrapped around his paw, DH even brings Buddy to drop of and pick up our son from school, then takes him through the drive through for a timbit! The kids at my sons school all love him (the teachers and other parents do to)

How anyone could have neglected, mistreated, and tried to shoot him is totally beyond me, and I am sure he will pay (karma) one day:evil:
He is the most loving dog ever!!

And another great thing about having a dog.....I get excercise now!! we go for long walks every day, and 2 or 3 times on saturday and sunday. I just love taking him for walks, exploring the woods, fields and parks around our home.

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Yes that's me Happycats , on the left :laughing:

I'm so glad everything is peachy with Buddy ! He must be so thankful to be in such a nice , caring family :lovestruck:

Thanks for rescuing him ! :thumbs up

otter
May 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
..........:laughing: just kidding :sad:

Who did you steal that little cutie from? :eek:
Anyways, he looks really good with you, I think you make a nice pair and you need to keep him :D

Buddy is doing amazing, he is the best dog I could ever ask for, he listens very well, is quiet calm, is great with kids and the cats.

Yeah Buddy!!

And another great thing about having a dog.....I get excercise now!! we go for long walks every day, and 2 or 3 times on saturday and sunday. I just love taking him for walks, exploring the woods, fields and parks around our home.
And Yipee for Happycats!:thumbs up
I know what you mean, I know i'd be a total couch potato without a dog

And can't forget Rottielover! Your official now :thumbs up:thumbs up Way to go. Some good news for a great person and her beautiful pup :angel:

happycats
May 23rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Yes that's me Happycats , on the left :laughing:

I'm so glad everything is peachy with Buddy ! He must be so thankful to be in such a nice , caring family :lovestruck:

Thanks for rescuing him ! :thumbs up

OMG Frenchy you are beautiful!! (the pup is too)

Awww rescuing was easy! I wish more people would, to bad they have no idea what they are missing when they overlook rescues, and "buy" a puppy instead!

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
OMG Frenchy you are beautiful!! (the pup is too)

Awww rescuing was easy! I wish more people would, to bad they have no idea what they are missing when they overlook rescues, and "buy" a puppy instead!

:o thanks. :p

More and more people are aware of rescues now , and the ones who do adopt from rescues , swear they will ALWAYS adopt rescue dogs. :thumbs up

otter , the st-bernard was LuckyPenny's foster , 11 weeks "little" female :cloud9: she has been adopted.

happycats
May 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Aww Roxy looks so happy and sweet! I am so happy she has a wonderful loving home, she deserves it.

happycats
May 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
:

otter , the st-bernard was LuckyPenny's foster , 11 weeks "little" female :cloud9: she has been adopted.

by you!!:D:p

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
by you!!:D:p

:laughing: I wish ! LP almost kept her !!! She was so sweet :cloud9: but I can't adopt right now , and wouldn't adopt one that I know will get adopted easely. I go for the underdogs ;)

Byrd
May 23rd, 2008, 09:52 PM
We're doing well over here too. Kore's staying with us, he's happy to have a home. We still have a few issues to work on, but he's fine otherwise. :thumbs up

otter
May 23rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Ack, i've really missed out on things... that was LP's LITTLE foster?? and who adopted her??

Keep preaching the word about adopting:thumbs up It really works, and people change their opinions, so many people don't adopt because there are so many misconceptions...

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
But where's the picture Byrd ? I can't remember what he looks like :sad:

Byrd
May 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
LOL See my avatar. I have some fresh ones on my camera that I haven't loaded to my computer yet.... but here's an older one for ya.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/9760/imgp5228iq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Ack, i've really missed out on things... that was LP's LITTLE foster?? and who adopted her??

She had 2 foster puppies :D : http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51918

Byrd , they look so good together ! :cloud9:

Byrd
May 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
They do look good together, and get along well, wrestling match in the livingroom every morning, but there are still some guarding/jealousy issues.

otter
May 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Oooooo Byrd, these hearding dogs sure are goooooooooood lookin':lovestruck:
I heard the Kore part of his name but I hadn't seen the "en" as in EnKore! I love it!!:thumbs up

I saw LP had puppies but I musta missed part of the story... gotta go read up - thanks for the link Frenchy:thankyou:

Byrd
May 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Well his original name was Code, Border Collie Rescue changed it to Jimmy, I wanted something close to the original without being it so went with Kore. One day I said "come on Kore" and the on kore part stuck as his full name, but I call him Kore.

otter
May 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Well his original name was Code, Border Collie Rescue changed it to Jimmy, I wanted something close to the original without being it so went with Kore. One day I said "come on Kore" and the on kore part stuck as his full name, but I call him Kore.
Encore, Encore! We want more Kore! (you could have some pretty nifty rhymes to go with that name) Can't wait for those pictures :D be sure Willow gets in there too

Byrd
May 23rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I'll have to get them on the computer.

Stacer
May 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I've been very lax with updates about Skylar, I'm sorry:o
We've been very busy with her. We had a trainer visit our apartment and do a behavioural consult and she starts her first group training class on June 14th. We've been working hard to implement all the things that the trainer has suggested.
Skylar and the cats are getting along much better, still not perfect, but any progress is good progress.

We brought her to the family cabin a few weeks ago. I'll start a new thread with pics from her trip, she really had a good time.

Byrd
May 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Seems April/May was the month for adoptions.

Stacer
May 24th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Most definitely, lots of members acquired new family members, yay us!!:D

Ford Girl
May 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah...updates!!! It occured to me that we got intros and not updates. :sad:

RL- look at Roxy, such a cutie, big sucky girl, I bet she realizes how good she's got it..and now she's all yours.

HC - glad Buddy's being a good boy, he is so cute, love his scruff...dogs sure are different then cats eh? A whole other world...

Byrd - Does Willow enjoy her brother as much as you do? I'd love to see wrestling pics!!! ;) I dont think they could match any better if they tried...:lovestruck:

And Stacer - wow is Skyler looking good!!! :thumbs up Amazing considering the first pics we saw.

Frenchy - that pic is so nice....I take it you didn't find a big enough duffle bag? :evil:

Thanks for the updates and pics guys, I think about the dogs that have been rescued by members on here all the time, you are good people. :grouphug: keep us updated!! More pics!!!

Rottielover
May 26th, 2008, 06:53 PM
This is the day she came home with me, picked her up in a snow storm

Byrd
May 26th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Byrd - Does Willow enjoy her brother as much as you do? I'd love to see wrestling pics!!! ;) I dont think they could match any better if they tried...:lovestruck:

Most of the time she does... maybe more, mommy haS a lot of work to do with him. It's hard to get a wrestling pic, as soon as I come into the room or make a giggle or turn the camera on they stop. I think I fell for him because of his colouring.

Tonight in class we did the hiding game, the trainers took the dogs into hiding and played with them and the owner would hide, then they let them go and they'd look around and then we'd come out and call them (recall exercise). They let Kore out and he freaked, running around crying really loud looking for me, I had to come out almost immediately and as soon as he saw me he ran so fast that he almost knocked me down! It's like he was thinking "not again.... MOMMY!!!! :yell: "