Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Early Training??

want4rain
May 22nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
http://www.mustardsandwich.net

take a close look at this site. what are your thoughts on their method?? im not really asking this from a 'how could these folks rip you off with it' but more so the general idea. at first glance it SOUNDS really great but im not exactly an expert on this.

-ashley

Frenchy
May 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
what else is new : I don't like this one bit :shrug:

They look like brokers , for puppy millers. I couldn't find anywhere they mention the parents , I looked at it very fast though. And they deliver :confused: pizza delivery is ok , puppy delivery .... doesn't sound good to me. :sad:

want4rain
May 22nd, 2008, 09:43 PM
i think the basic idea is that they take in full litters (not sure how they get them, isnt mentioned but they talk about it like its a rescue). i dont know what the fees are but what im talking abotu is that they take and train the whole litter with obedience and socializing, feed homemade food, educate you before and shortly(6 months) after adopting. they also do state in there that their puppies are all mutts.

personally i think its a fantastic idea if its ethically done. it would be great if they got their litters from the shelter or similar situations along with the mother to teach and socialize them.

-ash

angeldogs
May 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
They get the litters from their original home.and they get them before going to the shelter.the whole thing sounds good if it is legit.

DoubleRR
May 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Sounds too good to be true--so likely is.

Dingo
May 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM
While I think that early training is possible and good, I find it hard to believe that any puppy can be fully trained (even come?!) by 8-14 weeks. Also it bugs me that a lot of their site is in full caps.

t.pettet
May 25th, 2008, 08:00 PM
My 1st. impression is broker working with millers. Dogs are being sold cheap so they must have many litters to dispose of and all pure-breds, not one mix mentioned. Profit, profit, profit and nothing to do with rescue.

want4rain
May 25th, 2008, 08:08 PM
yeah im keeping an eye to see the puppy turn over and what kind of dogs they have come through. they dont seem to have any contact info for thsoe who want to surrender litters. i dont know if they are known through the shelters or not. ill kick an email to someone at the rescue i work with.

-ash

allymack
May 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM
is there any way you can go check out where they are and see what kind of place it is.

one thing that confused me was that they have to same delivery fee for every dog, i mean for a 2 pound chi puppy and for a 15 pound lab mix, you think they would be different depending the size of the dog, and how far they have to go to deliver it..

want4rain
May 26th, 2008, 09:12 PM
i may, its on a list of possible thigns to do. :) we are still a few hours away fromt here but on the weird chance we go on vacation out that way it will have to compete with the aquariums along our coast line but its in the realm of possibility!!

as for delivering pups... driving distance is still driving distance regardless of how big or small the dog is. from what they say, they deliver by car, not by freight.

-ash