Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Nova Scotia

rottnmom
May 22nd, 2008, 11:33 AM
I've often found informative links that took me to Pets.ca, but never really noticed the forum........my loss. Was so pleased today to actually 'find' this place.

I'm am owned by an 8 yr old rescued rott, Sasha and three birds, Sydney- 1 yr old peach face lovebird,, Harley and Bridget, 1 1/2 yr old budgies.

I'm sure there are some 'familiar faces' here, glad to be aboard.

Sylvie
May 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Welcome

I am always glad to hear that the furkid was rescued!:D

It is so true that we belong to them, not the other way around :laughing::laughing:

Hope to see pictures soon.

Rottielover
May 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Wohoo another rottie mommy. Welcome to the board.
I am a proud mommy of a 3 1/2 yr old male and an almost 5 yr old rescued female

angeldogs
May 22nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the board

hazelrunpack
May 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the board, rottnmom! How does your rotti get along with your furbabies? :D I'll bet the birds have some interesting conversation among themselves about how best to keep Sasha on her toes...

rottnmom
May 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Have tried popping in briefly a few times since I posted, spending a lot of eye straining hours answering and sending messages trying to get people mobilized to fight the newest legislation we are facing. It's frightening to contemplate the possible outcome of the work of uneducated/uninformed/ignorant "public employees".

Hazelrunpack, thank you for that good chuckle first thing in the morning. As I write this the background music is chirps, warbles and babbling. Unfortunately for the birds Sasha has a very strong herding instinct.....Sydney is the only one allowed free flight and she is fascinated with Sasha, divebombing and trying to land on her. When Syd first arrived home Sasha felt she should Sit, Stay!! any fluttering or hopping in her cage caused major concern............TG we have progressed.......now Sasha feels it is her job to return the 'flock' to their 'pen' ;). That led to the spare room becoming the birds room to avoid herding interfering with freedom, haha.

The budgies have only been here a few months, were never hand tamed and very skittish from a toddler constantly trying to play with them. They are coming around now and showing their own personalities. It's very obvious that the teenager in their home had a strong influence, at least on Harley. His almost constant 'chatter' is not words, but the sound made by space guns, the kind you hear on video games!! If those games can make that much of an imprint on a little bird brain, can you imagine what they do to those playing them?? :frustrated:

Sasha is our longest resident, our second rottie. She came to us 2 1/2 years ago from a rescue which has since made the news by having all the animals (more than 100) seized and the owners charged. (Another longer story). Sasha was severely dog aggressive and required months of work to get her to where she is now. A sweet, happy girl who loves nothing better than the touch of your hands and kind words. She has some great four legged friends in the neighbourhood and takes pride in overseeing and guarding our 'herd' of wild rabbits that spend their days in our backyard.

Sorry for the novel, just enjoying the short time before wading into the work of rounding up support and spreading the word to those who haven't yet heard what our government is up to. Unfortunately the contents of the Bill was only leaked out on Monday AFTER it's second reading.........we have little time and so much to accomplish.

I hope to spend many enjoyable hours here and look forward to meeting lots of new faces.

Cheers!