Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggy Zit??

sammiec
June 30th, 2004, 03:03 PM
LOL, my little girl is growing up... I think. I noticed today that she has a small red bump near her upper lip. I really looks like a zit!! Do dogs gets pimples like humans?? I've never seen this before, anyone have any ideas?

She's so funny. Today, she escaped from the kitchen (baby gate at door way). I came home and found her in the bedroom snoozing with the kitty. I put her back in the kitchen and put up the gate. I wanted to see how she actually got out. I called her and she CLIMBED over!! She's begun to climb! Have any ideas how to prevent this little escape artisit from getting out?
I thought about getting a board to put at the bottom and resting the gate on top of that, but if she's climbing it, she'll still get out.... suggestions? :p

Lucky Rescue
June 30th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Pit bulls are known escape artists, and can even scale 6 foot chain link fences!

As for the pimple, I know there is a type of wart young dogs can get, but it usually goes away on it's own. What type food dishes do you use? Some dogs seem to be allergic to plastic.

sammiec
June 30th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I knew that they can get out of pretty much anything, I was kinda hoping that there was something that might be able to contain her a little longer. She's not completely housebroken yet, still a couple accidents, and I don't want her to get "bored" and play games in the living room!! She's got toys coming out of the ying yang, but hey everything else always looks more interesting!!!

Yeah, I wasn't too concerned about the "zit" but I had never seen it before. She uses stainless steel bowls. - chew resistant...LOL!

Spoiled
July 1st, 2004, 09:21 AM
Some dogs are prone to zits.

Luba
July 1st, 2004, 02:51 PM
Hey Sammiec can u take a pic and show us?

sammiec
July 1st, 2004, 03:06 PM
Here are some pics Luba... I don't find that it's a very big deal. Just a little concerned since I had never seen anything like it (on a dog!) I have been monitoring it, doesn't seem to be changing....