Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ethel with a Bambi

Chris21711
May 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Here is a photo of Ethel with a Bambi that someone brought to the shelter, it was returned to where it was found and watching from a diatance was reunited with it's mother :cloud9:

Chaser
May 21st, 2008, 12:23 PM
:cloud9: Awww....:lovestruck:

And such a good story to hear about.

rainbow
May 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
Cute pic :cloud9: but I just thought I would post this information:

http://www.webbedworks.com/messingerwoods/fawn.htm

Chris21711
May 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Exactly Rainbow, that's why they take them back to where they were found. Even though the Mother does not directly stay in the same spot as the fawn she is nearby, They were taught in Wildlife Training that the reason the mother stays away is to distract attention from the fawn, but that she is always nearby. :shrug:

rainbow
May 21st, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yep, I figured you would know but I posted the link for others who may not. :)

hazelrunpack
May 21st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Tis the season! :rolleyes: But all's well that ends well, and I love a happy ending--and the fawn will have such a tale to tell all its buddies... :D And it's pretty darn cute, too! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
May 21st, 2008, 08:10 PM
omg I want one ! :lovestruck: I'm so happy he was reunited with mom ! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
May 21st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Adorable :lovestruck: Glad s/he was reunited w/mom :thumbs up

:highfive: Good link post Rainbow

onster
May 21st, 2008, 10:59 PM
So cute :lovestruck: Glad it got reunited :thumbs up

I never knew that about fawns, thanks for the link rainbow.

14+kitties
May 22nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
It's so cute!! Glad it was taken back.
We see them around here when it's time for mom to move them. Until then she keeps them well hidden. Now we just have to get the idiots to slow down on the road so they don't get killed. :sad:

Chris21711
May 22nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Yep, I figured you would know but I posted the link for others who may not. :)

That was a good idea Rainbow, most of the fawns they get taken to the shelter, is by kind hearted people that do not know any better.

omg I want one ! :lovestruck: I'm so happy he was reunited with mom ! :thumbs up

It's illegal, you just don't want to cut grass :D
It's so cute!! Glad it was taken back.
We see them around here when it's time for mom to move them. Until then she keeps them well hidden. Now we just have to get the idiots to slow down on the road so they don't get killed. :sad:

Too true :sad: