Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Augie the mutt

Seiko
May 20th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Last Friday surfing petfinder..... I see this "schnauzer/poodle mix" IE mutt man I couldn't pass up that face. A phone call the next day to the shelter led to a 500 mile round trip as soon as I hung up the phone.

Such a loving dog, still very timid, but is now coming up for scratches on his own. I had to carry him into the house the first day, he was petrified about the tile floors. Went and hid for a few hours, then decided this house livin aint so bad ;) Still wants to lay down in the room we are not in, but comes charging up wanting to be petted ever 20 minutes or so. He gets very submissive if you initiate the petting, but is getting much better at it. If you tell him no in anything above a whisper he about goes into a fetal position. Never had seen a pet bed. Absolutely would not even touch a toy.

Almost positive he was used as a puppy mill breeder, he was not neutered when picked up, but had the dewclaws removed and debarked (we think). Who else would debark a dog without neutering it first... Severly under weight when they picked him up running in traffic. So the boy's had a hard time.

Starting to build that trust factor in humans again, think I have a diamond in the ruff :laughing: on my hands here. When we got back from a short walk today, he ran to the backyard and picked up a squeaky ball and played with it for a good 20 minutes. I was almost brought to tears seeing him so dang happy.

So here is Augie the new addition!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2302/2509865121_330c0dc66a_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/2509865059_32f8285912_o.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
May 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM
:thankyou: for rescuing this little guy :thumbs up

He will repay you many times over in many ways :)

clm
May 21st, 2008, 05:41 AM
He's adorable. Thank goodness he's got a wonderful home now.

Cindy

Love4himies
May 21st, 2008, 06:26 AM
Oh what a cutie pie :lovestruck::cloud9:

chico2
May 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM
Augie looks wonderful,what a feel-good story:lovestruck:
Some things are just meant to be and it was Augies turn to loved and cared for.
Thank you for beeing his doggie-:angel2:

onster
May 21st, 2008, 11:11 PM
He's soooooooooo cute.

So sad that he's been debarked :sad: Does that mean he cant make any noise at all?

Thanks so much for rescuing him. He's such a lucky guy to have u :angel:. Can't wait to hear more stories of him going thru milestones with u as he learns to trust again :thumbs up (and pictures too of course :D)

rainbow
May 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
What a handsome boy he is. :lovestruck: I am so glad that he found such a loving home :cloud9: ....thank you for rescuing him. :angel:

Ford Girl
May 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
He does have a cute face...:lovestruck: :lovestruck: Shaped like a schouz but curly haired. :cloud9:

Thanks for rescueing, keep the pics coming!!

jealma
May 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Handsome little guy you have there. It's great that he has got a forever home now.

ancientgirl
May 23rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
What a little sweetheart! Thank you for rescuing him, and going out of your way (500 miles) to do so!

How old is he?

chico2
May 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
I have heard,when dogs are debarked it is not permanent:confused:,so maybe this little guy will bark happily in no time at all.

Frenchy
May 23rd, 2008, 08:51 PM
He's too cute ! He looks like he has 2 ponytails :p

hazelrunpack
May 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
He's one handsome dude!! I love his curls! :lovestruck: I'm glad to hear that he's figuring out the playing thing. :cloud9: He deserves a lot of fun and loving!