Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puncture wound on kitten...HELP!

boysmom77327
May 20th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I have a three-and-a-half week old kitten with a small open wound on the back of it's neck. I'm guessing that the mother cat picked it up a little too rough. Anyway, the kitten doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but I'm concerned because there appears to be a bit of bone coming up out of the cut. I'll be taking the kitten to the vet first thing tomorrow, but is there something I should be doing now?
Thanks so much for any help any one can offer!

Aaron

14+kitties
May 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
You don't say where you are from but do you have an emergency vet close? One you could at least phone to ask for advice until you can get it to a vet? A kitten that young could take a turn for the worse very very quickly. You don't want to fool around with that. Keep an eye on the little one. Maybe watch to see what mom is doing to it. Please get the kitty in to a vet asap though. Keep us informed.

boysmom77327
May 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you for your reply.
I live about 60 miles north of Houston in a very small town, so there are no emergency vets close by. I feel really bad for the kitten and just hope that the little guy will be okay until tomorrow morning.
Aaron

14+kitties
May 20th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I don't know if this will help or not but this site has some e-vets #'s in the Houston area. Maybe you could call one? If they can't help you specifically maybe they can give you a number for one who can? Just a thought.

http://www.gpahouston.org/emergencycare.htm

Love4himies
May 21st, 2008, 06:43 AM
I don't think momma would do this but could have been picked up by another animal for prey and momma was able to save it. :shrug:

Thanks for helping this poor kitty:thumbs up