Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Orange Tabby names?

Joeyjoejoe
May 20th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hi all!

I made a post a while back about whether to adopt some other kittens. I ended up not adopting at that time (mostly due to poor timing), but now that I can dedicate a lot of time, I picked up this little guy:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2507662230_e2a60e223b.jpg

He's really shy, but is starting to come around. He'll play near me, but won't let me touch him. And yes, I did take all your opinions to heart and realized that he would be lonely without a friend...

So I adopted his little sister as well! They are nearly identical except the male cat is medium hair and the female is short hair.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2507664476_901727a73b.jpg

Even though she's smaller, she is by far the more out going one. When I first got them home, I was trying to coax them out of cat carrier with treats. The brother kitten was closest to the opening of the carrier and was slowly taking my treats, but didn't want to step out. This went on for a few minutes, until the sister pushed her way out and started to explore the room!

I do have one small tiny problem... they are both nameless. Any suggestions?

happycats
May 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
OJ and Ginger
Bonnie and Clyde
Morris and Macey
Bart and Bailey
Danny and Darla
Shyla and Shane
Darby and Dane

Oh by the way....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are soooooooo cute:lovestruck: and I am so glad you adopted 2!

ancientgirl
May 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM
OMG they are so cute! I'm so happy you adopted a brother and sister. I have a brother and sister and thinking back, I'm so happy I didn't take them away from each other.

How about:

Antony and Cleopatra (Tony and Cleo)
Kermit and Piggy
Elvis and Priscilla
Sunny and Cher
Oscar and Felicia

want4rain
May 20th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Fido and Loafy!!! childhood orange kitties names. :)

-ashley

Longblades
May 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Aaaawww. Both mackerel tabbies? What a couple of little cutie pies. I seem to have mostly either black cats or orange. Right now we have the ever popular "Ginger" at our house. But on another site someone mentionned naming their orange cat after a variety of orange, Jaffa. Jaffa. That sounds nice to me and I determined my next orange cat would be called Jaffa. Here is a link to other orange varieties. It seems to me there are several name possiblities here. They are called sweet oranges and I see "seville" is missing so there must be another type you could search for if the fruit name interests you.

http://www.innvista.com/HEALTH/foods/fruits/oranvar.htm

14+kitties
May 20th, 2008, 09:03 PM
:highfive: to you for adopting 2 kitties!!! They are just too cute!!!
I can't think of any names at the moment. Just wanted to say how danged cute they are. I love the little lady's pic. Looks like she is either laughing or telling you off. :cloud9:

Joeyjoejoe
May 20th, 2008, 10:35 PM
:highfive: to you for adopting 2 kitties!!! They are just too cute!!!
I can't think of any names at the moment. Just wanted to say how danged cute they are. I love the little lady's pic. Looks like she is either laughing or telling you off. :cloud9:

Telling me off. :rolleyes: I was too snap-happy with the camera.

I like the fruit idea, but not necessarily for both of them. I think I might call one of them "Mango" or "Tang" and in Tangerine.

growler~GateKeeper
May 21st, 2008, 01:29 AM
OMG they are adorable :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Thank you for adopting sibilings :highfive:

How about Pumpkin (boy) and Mango (girl) my cousin had a long haired orange tabby named Pumpkin :lovestruck:

better yet CJ for the boy - he looks like a CJ :cloud9: and Tanga (girl)

happycats
May 21st, 2008, 06:00 AM
Tango and Cash !

Some exotic fruit names,
Mango, Papaya, Lychee, Jujube, Sapote, Durian, Guava, Tamarillo, Kiwi!!

chico2
May 21st, 2008, 07:19 AM
I am drawing a total blank on names,but omg are they ever sweet:lovestruck:
You'll enjoy these little guys soo much,I am sure the little boy will be a little cuddler in no time at all.
I kind of like Sonny and Cher:cat:
Thank's for taking the m both,double love for sure:lovestruck:

clm
May 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Those kittens are way too cute. Here's a few names I came up with.

Lucy and Linus - (Peanuts characters -brother and sister)

Teddy and Rose - (Kennedy brother and sister)

Charlie and Anne - (Royal brother and sister)

Pugsly and Wednesday - (Adams family brother and sister)

Bart and Lisa - (Simpsons brother and sister)

Elroy and Judy - (Jeston brother and sister)

Bud and Kelly - (Married with Children brother and sister)

Nip and Tuck - (Just because I like them, :laughing:).

Cindy

ancientgirl
May 21st, 2008, 07:41 AM
Maybe spices.

Herb & Saffron
Cinnamon & Chili
Ginger & Gilligan!!!!!:D

Joeyjoejoe
May 31st, 2008, 12:04 PM
You are probably wondering why I didn't announce the names yet... well I wasn't fully convinced that the female kitten was indeed a female kitten... So after a vet check up it turns out the she is really a he! :rolleyes:

I named the smaller one, Kyuubi, after a fox-like Japanese mythical monster with amazing destructive power and unlimited energy. Seeing what damage he's done so far, the name is very fitting.

I name the other kitten (medium hair), Pekoe (as in Orange Pekoe). No real relevance other than he's orange.

Thanks for all your help!

sugarcatmom
May 31st, 2008, 12:24 PM
well I wasn't fully convinced that the female kitten was indeed a female kitten... So after a vet check up it turns out the she is really a he! :rolleyes:

I was wondering about that, since orange kitties are genetically more likely to be male. Not that there aren't any orange females, but it's much more rare.

Good names, I like them!

Longblades
May 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yes, very nice names. Two boys is more likely, when they are orange. I do have an orange and white female who had two orange and white male kittens. Before I got her. The genetics of cat coat colour is fascinating.