Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

About to be new puppy owner!

rjan67
May 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I am Ruthann and am married and have 3 schoolaged kids. We are about to have a new member of our family in a few weeks... a new golden retriever puppy. We are not new to the "dog" world. I lost my Riley, a 13 yr old golden at Christmas time. We are now ready to welcome a new family member, so I am gathering as much info about "babies" as I can! In case you see me posting, I thought I'd better tell you who I am!

Ruthann:thumbs up

Frenchy
May 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
A golden puppy ? :lovestruck: :cloud9: you must be so excited ! Can't wait to see pictures of the newbie , welcome to pets.ca Ruthann. :)

aslan
May 18th, 2008, 10:27 AM
well welcome to the forum, in one post you've managed to snag both the major golden owners and lovers. LOL me and Frenchy will fill you in, right Frenchy:D

Frenchy
May 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
LOL me and Frenchy will fill you in, right Frenchy:D

:laughing: I think you will be more helpful than I ;) All of mine were older rescues and the youngest I ever fostered was 6 months old .... I'm away too long on week days to foster the puppies :sad:

angeldogs
May 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the forum rjan67

dbg10
May 20th, 2008, 10:35 PM
you lucky person! a golden puppy! My experience was with a wonderful golden for 9 years after I rescued him. He was almost 2 years old when we were blessed with him and I have such wonderful memories of him. I can't wait to see the pics of your new family member :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
May 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome to the board, Ruthann! How exciting! A puppy! :cloud9: We will, of course, hound you unmercifully for pictures once the little one has arrived! Just thought I'd give you fair warning of that! :o

Ford Girl
May 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome, I missed this thread!!! A golden puppy. :cloud9: :evil: :angel: :laughing:

Awww...we want pictures and updates. Aslans right, there are some real golden lovers here, nothing like a big goofy golden wiggle butt love bug...:lovestruck:

I started with a golden puppy, but you dont want to hear my tales :evil:...not until you've fallen in love with yours..:laughing: She's now an :angel: but man o man...what a puppy! :crazy:

rainbow
May 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up I don't own a golden but they are wonderful dogs :lovestruck: .....looking forward to seeing pics of yours. :D