Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pink growth?

piinks123
May 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I have a 12 year old Boston Terrier. For the last couple of years, she has had a lump on her side/almost on her belly. It's not on the skin or under the skin. It's like past the skin, if that make sense. It's not attached to anything and doesn't seem to be getting bigger.

I noticed a week ago that she has a black growth. I pointed it out to my mom, and she said she's always had it and it's an extra breast. She has not always had it.

I noticed this morning that on her lip she has a small pink growth.

She hasn't acted any different. No appetite, drinking, behavior changes. Doesn't act like she's in any pain. Still plays a lot, just can't play as long because of her arthritis in her back legs.

I heard my mom talking on the phone a couple days ago saying that cancer is common in BT's and something about my dog. I didn't catch the rest. Made me start wondering and looking things up online. I haven't come up with much yet. I found this forum and was hoping someone could help me out.

Dr Lee
May 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'm sorry but I am a little confused with the descriptions. Can you supply pictures?