Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

All Breed Dog Rescue near Tottenham, ON?

andria
May 17th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hi, thought I'd throw this one out there.

About 8 years ago I adopted my pitbull whippet mix from an all breed rescue out near Tottenham, ON. This was a couple who lived out on a farm and who took in dogs (and cats, and birds) from rural pounds - my girl apparently came from the Caledon pound and ended up at this rescue out near Tottenham - I'm pretty sure the couple who run it are named Luba & Roman, but I don't have last names.

I found the rescue in Dogs, Dogs, Dogs! but this was eight years ago. I have looked online and in Dog publications but can't find any record of this group. They might have been called Loyal Companions Animal Rescue or something like that at the time, but this was before rescue exploded all over the internet - and they didn't have a page at the time - it all seemed very informal.

Anyway, I've been trying to get in touch with them to let them know Siris (they had named her Tigger) is still around and how far she's come, etc etc. I've found a whole bunch of facebook groups that are basically "happy tails" for the dog rescue groups, but obviously, this one seems to have disappeared.

Is this rescue ringing a bell with anyone?

Winston
May 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Theres a group called Lucky Rescue near Peterborough? not sure if that is near Tottenham?

Cindy