Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

First flowers,other than tulips and stuff

chico2
May 16th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Well,the tulips and daffodils are almost done,but my Lilac is just coming out, as is the purple one that looks like a Rhodo(anyone know what it is?)and my Perriwinkle ground-cover,covers a corner where nothing else grows.
Everything else is really growing fast,I am going to have hundreds of Clematises on my 3 bushes,what a difference from last year:thumbs up
Did I say I LOVE this time of year:laughing:

mastifflover
May 16th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Your garden looks beautiful more pics please

dmc123
May 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Last year at this time, due to the drought conditions here in the SE US, this rose bush was just sticks.... I thought it was dead. Look what a little rain can do!

Diane

Lukka'sma
May 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
The flowers are so beautiful.:)
Sounds like far too rainy of a long weekend around here to do much in the garden however.

14+kitties
May 16th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Well,the tulips and daffodils are almost done,but my Lilac is just coming out, as is the purple one that looks like a Rhodo(anyone know what it is?)and my Perriwinkle ground-cover,covers a corner where nothing else grows.
Everything else is really growing fast,I am going to have hundreds of Clematises on my 3 bushes,what a difference from last year:thumbs up
Did I say I LOVE this time of year:laughing:

Love the colours!! Is the unknown a tree or a bush? The flowers look to me to be in the Magnolia family but not sure. There are so many different varieties of Magnolia. Beautiful!

chico2
May 17th, 2008, 07:49 AM
14+,no it's a smallish bush,looks very much like a Rhododendrum(Sp???:laughing:).
I have a Teacup Magnolia tree,I am not too fond of it,just about finished blooming..
Here's a pic of the "mystery"bush,I always forget the name of my plants:shrug:

hazelrunpack
May 17th, 2008, 08:20 AM
hazel is clueless about what they're called, but they're all beautiful! :cloud9: We have daffodils....and lots of migrating birds, but no other flowers yet. Our traditional last day for frost isn't for another couple of weekends.

poodletalk
May 17th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Here's the flowers in bloom in my area

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/NunsIsland.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/nunsisland2.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/trail.jpg

Winston
May 27th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Some garden pics...

14+ Kitties you should be able to see the new potato tree...I bought this one at walmart for 29.99..

My Haliboris plant is finally blooming after 4 yrs!! yeah! looks like it may be a good year for plants.

Cindy

Winston
May 27th, 2008, 06:47 AM
1 more picture

chico2
May 27th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Poodletalk,those trees(crabapple?)are beautiful,we have tons of them here too.
Love the bike-sculpture.
I have a smallish crab-apple tree,the bloom period is so short and it leaves a terrible mess when finished blooming,but I suppose it's worth it.

Winston,I get all excited going out checking for buds every day(it does not take much for me:laughing:)
Everything is growing beautifully compared to last year:thumbs up
I think my Poppies and Clematises will be the next ones to open.
Your garden looks great!

Winston
May 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
My tree peony is blooming now! Oh it is so nice to have some color!

Cindy

Winston
May 30th, 2008, 06:59 PM
My clematis has gone crazy this year too! There are hundreds of blooms on it! nothing opened yet but boy there are going to be lots of them!

Cindy

14+kitties
May 30th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Chico - I can't find your shrub in my book. I will have to look in some other ones but they are in the greenhouse. Not going out there now. It's been a long day. :sleepy:

Your garden is so nice!

Winston - Wow! Nice! I am heading to WM! :rolleyes: Which one? That price is a lot better than what I was quoted. Your garden is beautiful too!

:yell: I want to get into mine!!!! Actually, I did manage to do some work in one of them today. About 2 hours of steady work. :cloud9: I still have 4 to go and then back to the developing one. :laughing::laughing: I need to hire a gardener!!

Keep the pictures coming please. I love seeing everyone's gardens. Makes me envious.

Oh yeah Winston - my tree peony is almost blooming too but it is still tiny. It's only a couple of years old.

Winston
May 30th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Heres my old potato tree from last Sept...guess what it is coming back to life...a hole bunch of new shoots! Oh well now I have two!

I'll post some more pics tomorrow! still feely under the weather!

Love all the kitty pics and so glad your keeping Timmy! I thought hubby would cave..after all whats one more Tiny mouth to feed...:thumbs up

Cindy

14+kitties
May 31st, 2008, 07:43 AM
Heres my old potato tree from last Sept...guess what it is coming back to life...a hole bunch of new shoots! Oh well now I have two!

:shrug: :D

I'll post some more pics tomorrow! still feely under the weather!

Get better soon. My kids have been sick for the last two weeks. I hope yours doesn't last as long. :grouphug:
Love all the kitty pics and so glad your keeping Timmy! I thought hubby would cave..after all whats one more Tiny mouth to feed...:thumbs up

Me too!! :DCindy
Now the silly message is saying the message I entered is too short. Doesn't know me well, does it? :D

Winston
May 31st, 2008, 08:16 AM
Duh! I guess I never posted it..

chico2
May 31st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Wow Wiston,that's a potato-plant??It looks pretty...
I have 3 different shade Clematis,it looks like I am going to have hundreds of blooms,last year maybe a dozen,so this is going to be a good year for flowers:thumbs up
My poppy has about 15 buds so far,yeah,I count them:laughing:

Winston
May 31st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Hey Chico I planted some poppy seeds..I think they are supposed to be red ones or orange..cant remember but they look like weeds? the green part I mean? they almost look like those weeds that have prickly's on them? do any of your look like that?

Cindy

chico2
May 31st, 2008, 04:13 PM
Yes it does,I think I have a pic here somewhere..I'll check
Here you are,they're from last year.

Winston
May 31st, 2008, 04:42 PM
OMG there gorgeous! cant wait now? I was getting sick of seeing just the leaves? when do they normally bloom?

chico2
June 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM
Winston,wow we are back,but unfortunalely for me,as slow as ever:sad:
The Poppies bloom in June,mine are just about to,they bloom for quiet a while,a really nice splash of colour.
You are brave to plant from seeds,I always buy the plant at a nursery.
I've had the Poppy now for a few years.

14+kitties
June 2nd, 2008, 01:45 AM
Hey Chico I planted some poppy seeds..I think they are supposed to be red ones or orange..cant remember but they look like weeds? the green part I mean? they almost look like those weeds that have prickly's on them? do any of your look like that?

Cindy

Winston - When did you plant your seeds? It is possible that you may not get flowers until next year depending on the type of poppy. I have the Himalyan Blue that my neighbour wanted started and it needs a winter stratification before it even starts!

chico2
June 2nd, 2008, 01:50 AM
14+,I've heard that too,but buying the plant,mine bloomed the first year.
Right now I have about 15 buds:thumbs up

14+kitties
June 2nd, 2008, 01:54 AM
The pic finally came through of your poppy, chico. I love them! I had some when I lived up in Owen Sound but haven't started any here yet. I have to do that soon. Customers are asking. :o Beautiful flowers. :thumbs up