Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fosters day 2

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Bambi and Boots or Tips getting ready to jump off the bed, still unsure of the jump.

Bambi is such a little sweetie, he looks at you with his big, sad eyes and makes a heart melt.

I love Charlie's colours, she is so pretty and such a clown :crazy:, she is going to have one heck of a personality:laughing:

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Charlie is such a show off, that she is always coming out from under the bed and doing acrobatic tricks so she is easy to take pictures of.

Their first feeding of raw, Boots or Tips was making growling noises when I first put the plate down. Their little tails were quivering when they ate the first meal.

Boots or Tips meets a broom.

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I can't get over Bambi's eyes, I just melt over them

Boots or Tips, I can't tell these two apart yet except by their back paws, lol.

Jim Hall
May 16th, 2008, 08:20 AM
just to pretty for words they look like they are doing really well

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 08:43 AM
They are doing so well and are slowly trusting me. The talking gently while sitting in the room helps so much.

Also,when I have their dinner, I walk into the room very slowly and try to put the plate of food under any kitten's nose that has not run under the bed so they associate humans with food.

ancientgirl
May 16th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Oh my goodness they are just so adorable! I love the stripes on the back of Charlies ears! And little Bambi is so sweet. :lovestruck: How ever will you be able to let them go!

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
How ever will you be able to let them go!

Just like with my first fosters, with many, many tears hugs, kisses and well wishes :cry:. I still miss Sweet Pea's kittens, my heart aches for them:sad:.

ancientgirl
May 16th, 2008, 09:06 AM
That must be so hard. I've been thinking of fostering too, but I know right now I couldn't do it. In a way I'm almost happy I don't have room, because it's my excuse for not fostering, but deep down inside, I don't know if I could part with any pet I'd foster. As it is, I wasn't planning on keeping Maks and Kiska and actively looked for homes for them. But in the end, I couldn't part with them.

You are a very strong person.

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 09:11 AM
That must be so hard. I've been thinking of fostering too, but I know right now I couldn't do it. In a way I'm almost happy I don't have room, because it's my excuse for not fostering, but deep down inside, I don't know if I could part with any pet I'd foster. As it is, I wasn't planning on keeping Maks and Kiska and actively looked for homes for them. But in the end, I couldn't part with them.

You are a very strong person.

You would make a wonderful fostermom, ancientgirl, your love and care would pass onto them for the rest of their lives. Maybe in your next condo you will have the room.

I do it for the kittens, not for myself, so a little (huge really) bit of pain is all worth it.

ancientgirl
May 16th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks. It does seem like something so wonderful and fulfilling. Giving them another better start. I'm making it a priority in the next year or two to find a small house to rent, or a town home. Something with an extra bedroom and a little yard.

When I see little ones like the ones you have or the babies 14+K has, I can't understand why people would just toss them away or not want to do as much as possible to help them.

If more people thought like animal lovers, this world wouldn't be such a bad place.

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks. It does seem like something so wonderful and fulfilling. Giving them another better start. I'm making it a priority in the next year or two to find a small house to rent, or a town home. Something with an extra bedroom and a little yard.

When I see little ones like the ones you have or the babies 14+K has, I can't understand why people would just toss them away or not want to do as much as possible to help them.

If more people thought like animal lovers, this world wouldn't be such a bad place.

Some people are :evil: and have no hearts. You are right, the world would be a better place if everybody were animals lovers bacause we are empathetic and compassionate.

krdahmer
May 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Aw they are so cute! :lovestruck: ( I have such a soft spot for tuxedo kittens now as I missed that part with both my big tuxedo bruisers!)

And Ancient, it is hard at first, to get attached and then let them go.... but when you see them happy going to a good home, you get such a sense of accomplishment and can't help but be a bit proud. Once I made it to 6 here in our house, my husband put his foot down that no more were staying, and I had to agree it was already probably too many, so I opted to foster. The first one was a bit hard especially because I didn't really get to have a goodbye, he was just gone from Petsmart when I went to visit one day.... but I know (through the rescue lady) that he has a great home and is super happy now and I got to spend 3 weeks with him and help him with his transition which is very special to me. I find it helps that I take pictures and have a scrapbook of them. Although I am on hiatus from fostering now (this house isn't set up well for it or big enough to close off a room to my guys, and with Fagan's issues I have to be very careful of other animals) I can't wait until we buy a house and I get my fostering room or shed, or catuary like 14+! ;) !

rainbow
May 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
They are absolutely adorable. :cloud9:

chico2
May 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
L4H,OMG are they ever adorable and those eyes,love them,love them,love them:lovestruck:
Thank's for giving us more pics and more and more,please:laughing:

ancientgirl
May 16th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I can't wait until we buy a house and I get my fostering room or shed, or catuary like 14+! ;) !

Yep, that's what I'm aiming for hopefully next year or the following. If I can save enough money!!!

L4H, um...I haven't seen any new pictures for several hours. You know, you aren't doing a very good job at giving us our kitty picture fix.:D

Frenchy
May 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM
ahh they're adorable !!! Can I go play at your house ? :D

growler~GateKeeper
May 17th, 2008, 12:15 AM
So cute :lovestruck: :yell: I want them all :cloud9:

BeagleMum
May 17th, 2008, 06:09 AM
They are so cute!! I am glad they are doing well. Brings me back to the days when we had kittens running around the house.

Love4himies
May 17th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Yep, that's what I'm aiming for hopefully next year or the following. If I can save enough money!!!

L4H, um...I haven't seen any new pictures for several hours. You know, you aren't doing a very good job at giving us our kitty picture fix.:D

I was at work, didn't even take any last night :yell: They were purring and I had to spend my night lovvvvving them with cuddles and kisses. Ok, they won't let me cuddle them just yet, but they love their pats :cloud9:

They hate bare feet :laughing:

luckypenny
May 17th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Bambi and Boots or Tips getting ready to jump off the bed, still unsure of the jump.

Looks like they were getting ready to pounce on an unsuspecting littermate :D . They are cute as can be :cloud9: . Great job Love4himies :thumbs up :angel: !

clm
May 17th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I love all the pics, but the shot where they're all eating is my fav. They are all adorable. :cloud9:

Cindy

Love4himies
May 18th, 2008, 08:28 AM
ahh they're adorable !!! Can I go play at your house ? :D

As long as you bring Bailey, Sam and Nelly, M. le chat, and Paddington the kitties need to be socialized with all critters :D.