Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shaker neuter and heartworm??

budboybudboy77
May 14th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Hi,
It has been awhile since I have posted ,I'm glad to be back hope all are healthy.I have 2 questions, my first one is has anyone regretted neutering their dog?
My second is ,the vets have these heartworm kits which includes help against heartworm ,fleas, ticks etc, anyone regret using these kits? Any alternatives?

Thks
Shaker will be 7 months old on Monday May 19th.

CearaQC
May 14th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I've NEVER regretted spay/neuter on any cats or dogs. After we adopted pregnant Belle back in November and then had to go through a litter of puppies... I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone. I never want to go through that again! I don't know how breeders and BYBs put up with it. Puppies are cute and all but... just not worth the effort in my opinion.

The 'ol snip-snip won't hurt him a bit and don't feel bad for him. Better for him to never experience sexual urges and to be clueless about girls. :laughing:

Where's some new pics of Shaker? He's one handsome fella.

budboybudboy77
May 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Thks for the reply how about the Sentinel boxes?
I have put new pictures of Shaker on the pic thread.

bendyfoot
May 16th, 2008, 10:17 AM
We use Sentinel with our dogs. Easy to give, no regrets. I'd rather give them the meds than deal with either a flea infestation or lengthy and expensive treatments for heartworm:shrug:

All our pets are spayed/neutered. Most definitely no regrets their either. Don't have to deal with annoying heat behaviours, male cat wanderlust, unwanted litters etc. etc. etc. etc. I'm not a breeder, so there's no point in my animals being intact.

mafiaprincess
May 16th, 2008, 11:24 AM
What exactly is in the 'kit'? Sentinel does heartworm, some varying worms, and kills flea eggs. Is there a second product in there like advantix for ticks and adult fleas?

rainbow
May 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM
We've had lots of dogs/cats and have never regretted spaying or neutering any of them. It's the best thing you can do for their health and well-being. :)

Sylvie
May 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I have never been upset about spaying any of my animals.

We are part of a rescue and I strongly advise spaying. There are too many unwanted animals out there.

I live in the country and one day a fellow comes up to us and advises that his dog has just had puppies and they looked just like my shepherds. Well, believe it or not we got what he was saying and advised him that not only were all four of our dogs fixed that the 2 that looked like his pups were females. What an idiot. I digress, sorry. :D

Never was sorry about fixing them

budboybudboy77
May 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Thks all Shaker is at the vets overnight , he had his operation today.
Everything went well and we will pick him up Saturday around 10:00 am.

He will start Sentinel or Advantage plus in a few weeks.