Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm so angry at Vlad!

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 06:03 PM
He's starting to be a real bully to the girls.

I was in the bathroom, drying off after my shower. Vlad was sitting on the counter, and Oksana came in to use the litter box. As I'm finishing up, I see him moving, then right as Oksana was getting out of the litter box, he jumped down on her!!!

I got so angry! Maybe I did the wrong thing, but I just couldn't help it. I stood over him and took hold of him, and said "NO, not nice, NO!" Then I let go of him and moved him out the door. Oksana was just cowering in the corner.

Great, that's all I need, for her to be afraid of getting attacked every time she goes to the litter box!:frustrated: Oksana is a loner, I've accepted that. She rarely plays with the others and most of the time just stands in the background, but this made me mad!

I'm so angry with him right now!

Masha
May 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I think you did the right thing. Cats understand a firm 'No' even though sometimes they pretend not to.

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I try never to show favoritism in front of any of them, but I don't like seeing them bullying each other. And he knows Oksana doesn't like to play, only on her terms, so it makes me mad when he does things like that. And at the litter box to boot! Grrrr

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I think you did the right thing, ancientgirl, vlad has to know that is not acceptable behaviour. Poor oksana needs to be able to use the loo in peace.

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 07:34 PM
No, he can't do that. I keep reading about cats who stop using the litter box sometimes do so because of another cat waiting go ambush them there!

I've got room for only two boxes, and their locations can both potentially be used to ambush. Actually, I just thought of something. I have one under the stairs, in one of those kitty furniture things. I leave the door open to make it easier for them and so as not to keep it so enclosed. I think I'm going to put the Ssscat spray thing I got on top of the box. That way, neither Vlad or Maks can jump up there and potentially ambush anyone. :lightbulb:

growler~GateKeeper
May 14th, 2008, 11:17 PM
just make sure it's not triggered when they use that box or they'll never go in there again :)

onster
May 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I think u did the right thing :thumbs up

:offtopic::sorry: Did u already recieve the SSScat? Is it working for u? (to keep cats off counter?)

ancientgirl
May 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
just make sure it's not triggered when they use that box or they'll never go in there again :)

I'm going to put it on top of the stand I keep the litter box in. They sometimes like to jump up there and wait until whoever is in there comes out. But up to now they haven't been jumping on each other. I'm thinking if I put this up there, it will keep them off of it so they can't ambush anyone coming out at least. I'll have to make sure I put something to keep it from falling. I don't want it to fall close to the opening and start spraying them with that air and scaring them.

I think u did the right thing :thumbs up

:offtopic::sorry: Did u already recieve the SSScat? Is it working for u? (to keep cats off counter?)

I actually just got it yesterday and forgot to bring it home. I was going to use it on the counter, but what with Vlad jumping on Oksana yesterday like he did, I'll put it on top of the litter box. Here's a picture of what I keep it in under the stairs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/merwash.jpg

I have it turned towards the wall and have the door open. It gives them room to get in and out a little better than with the door closed, plus it's not so closed up. I thought I'd put the Ssscat on the top to prevent any of them from getting up there and waiting .

krdahmer
May 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Ha! I had the same thing this morning... as usual Buddy waited until I was on the toilet myself and then proceeded to harass Smoke in the basement. The poor thing hisses like crazy and he just sits there with her cornered until I either spray him or stomp on the floor like I'm coming to get him. And of course once Palomine hears Smoke hissing and growling he has to investigate which riles her up even more.:rolleyes: :frustrated:

Luckily my boxes are set up so that at least potty time is not ambushable. Poor little miss! Can't even potty in peace! :sad::o

I am yet to find a way to keep the boys from harassing Smoke, but she just makes it so fun for them... plus she does quite a bit of instigating now too, like slapping their butts and hissing when they walk by.... thing is the boys out weigh her by probably 10 lbs each!

Hopefully those scccat things will help... which reminds me I need to buy a feliway....

ancientgirl
May 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, Oksana hisses and swats them every chance she gets too, but only when they get too close to her. I know Vlad mostly just wants to play, but she's just not into it. Thing is, it's his rough playing that has soured her from letting him play with her.

Right now Vlad outweighs her by about 8 pounds, and I'm guessing once Maks reaches his full adult size, he will likely be the same as Vlad.

I just hate seeing them try to bully her, especially when she's trying to use the bathroom for pete's sake!

I'm going to put this Sscat up tonight and see how it works.