Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Milford, MI

marvallen
May 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hello all of you pet owners out there. I just found the website and look forward to participating. I have a Maltese (Sugarplum), a Havanese (LilBit), another Havanese (MissySippy), yet another Havanese (Teazer) and a diabetic Bichon (Scooter). I want to see if I can find the proper dosage of a calcium-magnesium liquid for Scooter. He weighs 12 pounds. The supplement says a human serving is 2 tablespoons or 30ml. I suspect I'll have to post in one of the other forums.

Anyway thanks for a great resource, I'm glad to be aboard:)

marvallen

hazelrunpack
May 14th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Hi, marvallen. Welcome to the board! :D

Have you asked your dog's vet about the dosing? The vet is your safest bet for finding out dosages, especially considering that your dog is diabetic and may respond to meds differently.

Fair warning: once you are able to post pictures, we're going to bug you unmercifully for pics of your extensive crew. :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: We can get very demanding when it comes to satisfying our photo cravings. :o

marvallen
May 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the great reply Hazelrunpack. I'm a bit reluctant to ask my vet as I feed my dogs a raw diet which the vet disapproves of. He recommends commercial food....yuk!! You're photo comments put a huge smile on both the dogs and my face.

SnowDancer
May 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I understand your reluctance to ask your vet, but better to be safe than sorry. You would be even more reluctant to have to confess up if the dose wasn't right! My Eskimo has a Havanese friend - they both are GREAT paper shredders! I expect you have no loose paper, tissues, etc. sitting around your house.

LavenderRott
May 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Call your vet. If he offers to "educate" you about food again, ask him when he took his last nutrition class and who taught it.

Where do you get your meat from? When I was raw feeding, I found the best local prices at the White Lake Market.