Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fagan on Vacation

krdahmer
May 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
At my in-laws just outside of Kincardine on Lake Huron.... he sleeps most of the way there and home, and was a bit nervous at first because their cat (:rip:) last time gave him quite the swat. Once he realized he was the only cat... and there was so much to see...he mellowed out a bit.

krdahmer
May 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
And some of what he is looking at...

krdahmer
May 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM
And his new dinner companion... a momma racoon who just had babies! She'a a regular and all table scraps are saved for them.

And lastly the sunset view!

wdawson
May 13th, 2008, 06:34 PM
i love the racoon shot

rainbow
May 13th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Great pics of Fagan :lovestruck: and his critter friends. :thumbs up

Where do your inlaws live? .......it looks like heaven. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
May 14th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Cute :lovestruck:

Love the racoon & chipmunk pics :lovestruck:

So how come only Fagan got to go on vacation?

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
So how come only Fagan got to go on vacation?

I was going to ask the same thing. Although, I can imagine it would take you forever to get the entire gang packed up for a drive.

That raccoon shot is my favorite. He looks so cute just watching them.

krdahmer
May 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Oh ya the racoon was super exciting.... Fagan didn't move a muscle the whole time she was eating!

Rainbow, they live right on Lake Huron, outside of Kincardine, Ontario. It's lakeview, so one street above lakefront, but you can walk to the beach in about 5-10 minutes. It's like having a free cottage!

Growler and Ancient.... well it's because I'm lazy. :rolleyes::laughing: You are correct packing them all in is a big ordeal and I don't even do that for a short trip to the vets anymore. Buddy has also gone with me before as have Smoke and Windy, Fagan got to go this time because he is on the holistic meds and my folks aren't comfortable giving them to him. If his booby had have been all healed one of the other boys could have come. Next time I plan to bring Buddy. The girls however do not travel well anymore...I took all three to the vet yesturday for their check ups and shots and wow was that ever a musical ride!! Poor Asker almost has a heart attack just from being put in the carrier.

Plus I think it is good for Fagan to have time alone with me, he seemed to just love it... no vying for my attention, I think he purred the whole time we were there! I do think part of the skin issues are anxiety related, so it does him good to get away from the other cats now and then. ( And it's a nice vacation for me too only scooping poop for one!:laughing:)

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
That's cool you have a place like that to go. It's interesting you should say that about Fagan purring while you were alone with him. Vlad doesn't purr anymore. The last two times I heard him purr, was once a few weeks ago, I woke up and he was next to me licking my hair and purring, and when I brought him to work with me the last time. It was just me and him and he was purring up a storm that day.

LOL, I think I just had an epiphany thanks to you. It would make sense that each one would appreciate some time alone with mom.

glasslass
May 14th, 2008, 02:29 PM
The kitty watching the raccoon from the window is the best! Does he swish his tail from the excitement?

14+kitties
May 14th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Kincardine is such a pretty place. That whole area is. I am originally from Hanover and lived in Owen Sound for many years. Vacation haven.
I am sure Fagan loved the alone time with mom. I have a few that would too. Great great pics! Love the racoon one too! Are you framing that one?

hazelrunpack
May 14th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Fagan has such lovely soft green eyes! :lovestruck:

He sure does seem to enjoy the scenery there! And all the critter activity. What did mama raccoon think of her audience? :D

I had this feeling of deja vu when I scrolled past your white-crowned sparrow picture--the dogs and I were watching one under our feeder this very morning, and we don't get them often, so it was a treat! :cloud9:

krdahmer
May 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Ah so that is a sparrow! I get lots of them and had no idea what exactly they were.

Fagan sat very very still only slightly twitching his tail, and momma racoon sort of hunched up a bit on her hind legs when she first noticed him, then turned her back and resumed eating... which only made it more exciting to Fagan cause he could see her big bushy tail! :laughing:

Those racoons they put out the scraps for are used to seeing people and cats in the windows, doesn't really phase them.

And 14, I can't wait till it's warm enough to swim at Port Elgin, they have the best beach!

loopoo
May 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
beautiful pics of the critters, scenery and Fagan:cloud9: