Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My neighbors beautiful Husky,Fate.

chico2
May 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
She is all grown up now at 1 1/2 yrs,managed to get a few pics of her.
The owner finally put up a fence,she can now run around in a large backyard.
She is stunning,sorry about the fence,but you can still see her:lovestruck:

chico2
May 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
A couple more:dog:
I am the "treat-lady" and yes,I asked permission

happycats
May 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Awww she is a beauty! In the last picture she looks like she is ready to howl!

Frenchy
May 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
:thumbs up for the fence !

I love the third pic , she was roorooing ? :cloud9: She looks amazing :lovestruck:

jessi76
May 13th, 2008, 12:23 PM
what a beauty she is!!!

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM
:thumbs up for the fence !

I love the third pic , she was roorooing ? :cloud9: She looks amazing :lovestruck:

Probably asking Chico for more treats, lol.

I remember your posts about Fate, as I remember the owner wasn't bad looking either.

chico2
May 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Yes,she was roorooing:laughing:
The owner wanted to flip the house,but now his girl-friend is pregnant and they are staying in the house..(last summer he was single,now he's happy to become a daddy:laughing:)
Fate is not trained at all,is never taken for walks,but she still is a wonderful girl.
We would take her together with Bailey,but she's too darn strong,I would break all my bones and she has a choke-collar:sad:
But she is a truly beautiful pup:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
May 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
She really is quite lovely. I have never seen an all white husky like that. It's sad your neighbor doesn't take her for walks, but at least she's got a yard to run around safely in.

chico2
May 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Ancient,I don't know much about Huskys,but the owner says she's pure and he paid $3000 for her from a breeder:confused:
She looks like a white wolf,very slender and longlegged.
Could be because she's fed only once/day and Science Diet to boot:yell:

ancientgirl
May 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Poor girl. She's quite small looking:sad:

wdawson
May 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
what a pretty neighbor you have. i think she looks good....huskies are not that large anyway.

rainbow
May 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Fate is gorgeous :cloud9: but what a sad life she has. :sad:

If your neighbour would buy her a Newtrix Headcollar or Easywalk Harness you would have no problem walking her. I used the Newtrix for Logan (our husky) at first but now he walks so well that I can just use his regular collar. :) Does the chain collar :sad: stain her beautiful white fur? :o

I'm glad he put the fence up for her but she does need alot more exercise. I just don't understand people that get a dog and don't spend time with them. :sad:

I also love the roo roo pic. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
May 14th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Roo roo pic is adorable :lovestruck:

poor girl no walkies, playtime :sad:

chico2
May 14th, 2008, 06:48 AM
:sorry:I did not mean to imply Fate is suffering,I don't think she is,she is a happy pup.
She gets playtime every day,the heavily pregnant GF loves her and she's home all day now.:thumbs up
Also,Fate is not small,she looks like a perfectly fit dog,even if a little slim,IMO.
She runs and runs in her backyard...it seems to me,people with backyards tend to forget their pups need more than beeing let out in the B-Y.
The same happened with Bailey.
Before Fates owner put up the fence,she spent a lot of time in the garage,now that to me was really bad.

The choke-collar is just hanging loosely,I don't see any staining,she is sooo beautiful,she should have a nice"blingy"collar.
The only thing that worries me,is that she might be stolen,she is very friendly,people stop and admire her all the time:dog:

angeldogs
May 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Fate is gorgeous girl:lovestruck:
Love white dogs even when they roll in mud.

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 07:12 AM
She is so pretty!!

Boubou
May 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
She's gorgeous - there is an all-white Husky just like her at our shelter named Anouk. She actually looks like a coyote, but with the temperament of a Golden, so sweet and loving!! They make great pets...

Boubou
May 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Here's a picture of her:

Boubou
May 14th, 2008, 10:00 PM
And another one...she's sooo cute!

Boubou
May 14th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Wow, those are big! I have to learn how to make my pics smaller...:sorry:

krdahmer
May 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM
She's so big Chico! And still beautiful! And I bet she just loooooves the 'treat lady'! ;)

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
They do look a lot alike don't they.

chico2
May 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM
BouBou,Anouk looks beautiful too and nobody wants her:sad:
Fate has incredibly beautiful blue eyes,it looks like Anouk has brown eyes,which does not make her any less pretty,they have the same lanky bodies,very much Coyote-like.

ancientgirl
May 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Anouk is a beautiful dog. All of these homeless animals make me so depressed and angry. Many times I just want to turn away, not listen or watch the TV or read articles I get sent to me by the ASPCA or the Humane Society, but then I feel guilty if I don't look or read. *sigh* I was so strong when I was younger, things like this bothered me but I never allowed myself to become so affected. I think that's why I have issues now with depression and anxiety. All of those things I suppressed I feel so deeply now. Some days, I just can't take it. :sorry::offtopic:

OC_Spirit
May 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM
She si a pretty girl! I think she would have fun in front of a sled ;) I cant believe he paid $3000 for her though!!! Yikes! Most Sibes around here are $500-800...However there are some BYBs that jack up the price on all white Sibes especially if they have two blue eyes. They claim it is "rare" and people pay cuz it looks pretty. Ah well, at least she is loved and cared for!!!

mastifflover
May 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Fate is beautiful, looks like a sweetie. She is so lucky to have Chico for a neighbour. I am sure she watches out for her and for that any dog would be lucky to have such a good friend and treat lady.

chico2
May 17th, 2008, 07:07 AM
OC,the owner could very well have lied to me about the $3000,just to try to impress,not that I care how much he paid:dog:

Mastifflover,don't give me too much credit,but I'll take it:laughing:
There is a huge problem between the owner and beautiful Fate,a problem I and his girlfriend have to work on:sad:

ancientgirl
May 17th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Why brag on how much you paid for a dog to someone who knows you pretty much ignore her?

hazelrunpack
May 17th, 2008, 07:53 AM
She really is gorgeous, chico! :lovestruck: I can see she's willing to take any number of poses to get you closer to the fence. :D

rainbow
May 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
There is a huge problem between the owner and beautiful Fate,a problem I and his girlfriend have to work on:sad:

I'm really glad to hear that about his gf :thumbs up .......good luck to both of you. :fingerscr

Maybe she would like to join our forum? :goodvibes:

chico2
May 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Rainbow,she's due to have her baby in 3 weeks:stork-baby:I don't think she's interested in our Forum,her mom is also keeping an eye on things.
I met her mom,when her little chi-zue(sp?:laughing:)ran off and came right to us,an adorable little guy.
She even went as far as saying she would report the owner..who is to become her SIL.
Last night,I heard Fate barking,she very seldom barks,the garage-door was open and I saw Fate in a crate,a crate so small she could not even stand up:yell:
I was ready to run over,but the GF came and let her out in the backyard,it's apparenly the owners way of punishing her for beeing"bad",among other things.
I thought everything was fine with Fate,but I guess not and it's frustrating.
I wish he would give Fate up,I am sure a lot of people would want her,she is beautiful and really sweet-natured,only about 1 1/2 yrs old.

aslan
May 18th, 2008, 07:00 AM
morning chico, hmmm maybe fate should suddenly accidentally end up in etobicoke:D

ancientgirl
May 18th, 2008, 07:17 AM
People just don't get it. Animals don't understand about being punished like that. I'm sure all she wondered was why she was being put in there.

I can't stand people who have pets just for the sake of saying they have a pet. It's like another thing for them to own. Maybe the GF can convince him to allow someone to take Fate and give her a good home.

Honestly, if that's the way he treats his dog, I don't want to know what kind of a father he's going to be.

chico2
May 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I wish I did not notice these things,that I could turn a blind eye,but I just can't.
Once when Fate was a puppy and he complained about how"bad"she was and he hit her:yell:I talked to him and offered to help him rehome her,not that I know how,but figured someone on the Forum could help.
The owner has some kind of macho-problem for sure,a power thing.
Hopefully the GF is going to stick around,she told me it's"her"dog now,but her mom wants her out of there:yell:
I am sooo disappointed,I thought he was ok with Fate by now,she is such a sweety:sad:

rainbow
May 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM
This just breaks my heart. :sad: People like him should not own a husky :wall: .......he obviously doesn't understand the breed. :frustrated: Poor Fate. :sad: :grouphug:

chico2
May 18th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Rainbow,luckily he works a lot,has his own business,so the GF takes care of Fate most of the time.
They also have 2 cats that belong to him,he used to have 3,one the same as Vinnie.
He has a really bad temper:yell:

ancientgirl
May 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Rainbow,luckily he works a lot,has his own business,so the GF takes care of Fate most of the time.
They also have 2 cats that belong to him,he used to have 3,one the same as Vinnie.
He has a really bad temper:yell:

I don't think I want to know why he now has 2 cats. He sounds like a real catch all right.:rolleyes:

chico2
May 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
ancient,I really don't want to know either,that's why I have not asked.
He was gutting and totally renoed his house and while doing that his 3 cats wee athis grandmother,hopefully she kept one:pray:

ancientgirl
May 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'll tell myself that's what happened.

want4rain
May 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Chico, just bring her down with you next time you go on vacation. you know our yard isnt that big but we would give her a good home, lots of ball throwing, Mister harassing and plenty of babies to play with. lots of dogs pull at my heart strings but there are rare few that pull at my SOUL, that girl has some eyes for sure!!!

-ash

chico2
May 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
W4R,awww I wish I could do that,she loves to play ball and run:dog:and yes,Fate is very beautiful,looks like an angel.:lovestruck:

What worries me,is that she will one day scale the fence and run out into the street.
I don't know if she could,the fence is about 5 feet,it's chainlink.
Do dogs climb fences???

aslan
May 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
yes chico some dogs can climb fences,in which case if she starts and gets loose, i would seriously come and hmmm coax her to come to me. If your neighbour ever decides to get rid of her or becomes really abusive, grace and i will take her at the drop of a hat. lol, whats one more. she'd have two brothers to teach her the ropes.

Frenchy
May 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Do dogs climb fences???

Yes , some do :sad: and if she's fit enough , she can jump it.

I was reading about St-Bernard dogs and it says must have high fence because they can jump it ! I never thought a big dog like a St-Bernard (not the most agile dog) could jump that high ! So you can imagine Faith .....

chico2
May 19th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Oh no,my hubby sometimes calls her from our backyard and every time she seems to judge the height of the fence.
She is young and strong and if a St Bernard can jump,she certainly could:yell:
I of course asked hubby to stop,she might jump and he would not want to be responsible for Fate getting hit by a car,we front on a very busy street.
I totally ignore her when I pass by with Bailey,but will stop and give her a treat(or 2 or 5) on my way back.

Aslan,if you are really serious,I will keep you in mind.:dog:
I doubt he would want to get rid of her though,he believes a smack here and there,a lock-up in a small crate is obedience training:yell:

Maybe I am too much of a busy-body,maybe I should not have posted this thread:shrug:
I know many dog-owners are not perfect or"good"owners,my own son beeing one of them,but the dogs still love their owners no matter what.
I was hoping I saw too much into this,but after talking to the GF's mother(who wanted to report him) that day,the alarmbells are going again:yell:

ancientgirl
May 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
It's not right to treat an animal like that, it's just not right. These are little creatures that look up to us, love us and want to be with us. I hope something changes for the good in Fate's life. :fingerscr

badger
May 19th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Hmmm, new baby, tired mum, dad with control issues...
I'm glad you're there for the dog, Chico, the next few weeks will be a big test.

chico2
May 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Badger,that's exactly what I fear,it will be a volatile situation for sure.
The GF's mom is also keeping a close watch and will probably spend a lot of time with her first grandchild,she will not allow the owner to hurt Fate:pray:

Frenchy
May 19th, 2008, 10:46 AM

And just how long will this relationship last ? :confused: He was single last summer and now has a pregnant GF :eek: one night stand gone wrong ? :rolleyes: this GF doesn't sound much better , she sees how he treats his dog , isn't she afraid one day it might be her or the kid that gets hit on ? Can't she sees the red flags ? Isn't she doing anything to protect Faith ? :wall:

Chico2 , if your hubby calls Faith , and "by accident" she jumps the fence ... to go in your backyard ..... hum .... that would be a shame :rolleyes:

Aslan , how fast can you drive to Chico2's place :D

chico2
May 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Frenchy,you're sooo bad:evil:
Actually if she jumped her fence,she would be on the street.
We both have corner-houses,with a side-road between us.
If she was a nextdoor neighbor,like Bailey it would be different.
The GF is ok,she is the one that frees Fate from that small crate he sticks her in,also the one who playes with her.
She moved in with him after knowing him for only a week and got pregnanant right away,I guess..
I think Aslan is in Etobicoke(sp?)not too far from here:)

ancientgirl
May 19th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Oy, that sounds like a potential train wreck of a relationship.

I'm thinking some undercover recovery is necessary here.:laughing:

Frenchy
May 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM
She moved in with him after knowing him for only a week and got pregnanant right away,I guess..

Oy, that sounds like a potential train wreck of a relationship.

:laughing: my thoughts exactly :D well at least the GF is taking better care of Faith. But she should make the BF sleep outside every time he hits Faith :cool:

If we're lucky , the baby will be allergic to dogs and GF will have him rehome Faith ... and we will be right here to help :crazy:

ancientgirl
May 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM
If we're lucky , the baby will be allergic to dogs and GF will have him rehome Faith ... and we will be right here to help :crazy:

Yeah, but this loser sounds like the kind that would just keep her in the crate or in the yard indefinitely then. :sad:

Frenchy
May 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, but this loser sounds like the kind that would just keep her in the crate or in the yard indefinitely then. :sad:

But the kid will have to go play outside someday .... :D

ancientgirl
May 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
True. Hopefully he will come to Chico2 and ask her if she knows anybody who wants a dog!:D

rainbow
May 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I'm glad you're there for the dog, Chico, the next few weeks will be a big test.

Badger, you took the words out of my mouth......I so agree with you.

rainbow
May 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
And just how long will this relationship last ? :confused: He was single last summer and now has a pregnant GF :eek: one night stand gone wrong ? :rolleyes:

And, to think when Chico first told us about him and Fate last year, I was trying to get her to set you and him up. :eek:

Actually, now that I think about it, you should have agreed cuz you would have straightened him out really good. :evil:

Frenchy
May 19th, 2008, 12:02 PM
And, to think when Chico first told us about him and Fate last year, I was trying to get her to set you and him up. :eek:

Actually, now that I think about it, you should have agreed cuz you would have straightened him out really good. :evil:

:laughing: he would be the one getting hit on and crated :evil:

rainbow
May 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM
:laughing: he would be the one getting hit on and crated :evil:

:laughing: :thumbs up

badger
May 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I find the dog's name - Fate - a bit disconcerting, anyone else? Isn't there some kind of obscure philosophy that says if you change your name (or the spelling of your name) to one with the right vibe, your fortunes will improve? Maybe you should start calling her Kate...

chico2
May 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Aww girls,you are a hoot:laughing:
I've already told them,if they decide to give up on Fate,I will try to find her a new home.
She is not leash-trained,since he never takes her for a walk/run,but she seems to be quiet obedient.
The story was,when he moved in next door,he was supposed to flip the house and make a profit.
Him and his then GF(of 7 yrs) had broken off because,she did not want kids.
Then he met this girl,she moved in,she got pregnant,I honestly think it won't last,but he is extatic,all he wants is a baby.
He put the house up for sale,they did a wonderful job,however he asked $549.000 in a neighborhood with houses not worth more than $350.000,so he had no takers.
Now with the baby,he is not selling.
I was kind of hoping he would move..

Badger I agree,I think Faith like Frenchy calls her,would be a better name,she is kind of angelic looking,same as my Vinnie.

aslan
May 19th, 2008, 04:10 PM
lol, yes i'm serious and frenchy depending on where in oakville hmmmm 15 min maximum. i have inlaws in oakville who can get there in 5min:D LOL, the one bil would just lean over the fence and grab her, he loves doggies.....:lovestruck::lovestruck:

chico2
May 19th, 2008, 04:20 PM
We are right in the old part of Oakville,west end though,not the ritzy east end:laughing:
I will keep in contact with them and if they decide Fate is no more wanted,I know she would have a home.
I will keep my ears peeled and eyes open for any trouble and will be over there like a shot if there is.:dog:
I will NOT abide by anyone hurting a dog or any animal for that matter.

aslan
May 19th, 2008, 05:40 PM
i have one bil just off speer and kerr and the other is around ummmm 3rd is sticking in my head, so if a cute newfie guy shows up he's mine ignore him.:D

chico2
May 20th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Aslan,hmmm very close to me:dog:
Although I would not agree to dog-napping:sad:
Your BIL might even know the owner of Fate,if we are in the same area :confused:maybe he could educate him.
When you said Newfie,I thought you meant he has a Newfie dog:laughing:there is a man here who walks a HUGE white Newfie.
Sent you a PM.

aslan
May 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
lol, if robert could get his wife to agree he'd probably have a newfie dog. Got pm and responded.:D