Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

May get new fosters

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Well, I may be getting more foster kittens. They were brought to the Gan HS at about 6 weeks, no momma, not yet weaned, didn't know what cat food was :sad:. Will get the full story tonight and meet them.

Fostering them depends on Sweet Pea and her reaction to them. I haven't yet gotten Sweet Pea and Puddles together (Puddles is a crank pot) so if things get worse, I'll have to give them back. Also, I have no idea how Sweet Pea will react to any other cats in the house. She is EXTREMELY PROTECTIVE of her food!

Jasper, I think would be a good surrogate parent for them.

Wish I had a kitty condo (cage) for them.:frustrated:

14+kitties
May 13th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Yay!!!! I am so excited for you!! I know how much you miss your first fosters. Let's hope it works out and Sweet Pea and Puddles are ok. I use the largest dog crate I could find for the ones I have in the porch. I have a slightly smaller one for the ones in the house but they are out of it quite a bit. The only extended time they are in is at night. They don't seem to mind. You can make them quite comfy. I found both of mine on kijiji for $50.00. Just one word of caution - the kitties can get through the bars of the biggest one. I had to line it with cardboard on the outside to keep them in. The only time it's actually good for something. You can find a smaller kitty tree that will fit in one for amusement too. Or build one. You guys built the one you had for your fosters, right?
Ok, I am sure you don't need any more words of wisdom from me. I am just so excited!!!! :cloud9:

Jim Hall
May 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM
your gonna have the crate the kits or they will probably run away amd hide.

The Adoption agency sets you up with what you need i assume ?

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Yay!!!! I am so excited for you!! I know how much you miss your first fosters. Let's hope it works out and Sweet Pea and Puddles are ok. I use the largest dog crate I could find for the ones I have in the porch. I have a slightly smaller one for the ones in the house but they are out of it quite a bit. The only extended time they are in is at night. They don't seem to mind. You can make them quite comfy. I found both of mine on kijiji for $50.00. Just one word of caution - the kitties can get through the bars of the biggest one. I had to line it with cardboard on the outside to keep them in. The only time it's actually good for something. You can find a smaller kitty tree that will fit in one for amusement too. Or build one. You guys built the one you had for your fosters, right?
Ok, I am sure you don't need any more words of wisdom from me. I am just so excited!!!! :cloud9:

Yes we did build the last one, actually my hubby has some wood to start on another one, just missing some carpet. Guess what he'll be doing this weekend!

14+kitties
May 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Umm, long weekend......mmmmm, I can guess he would like to be relaxing. :D
:laughing::laughing: Kitty tree, here we come!!!!!!!!!!And of course we don't even have to ask for pics immediately!

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
your gonna have the crate the kits or they will probably run away amd hide.

The Adoption agency sets you up with what you need i assume ?

The humane society will, but I do all the out of pocket expenses myself as they are so hard up for funds. Plus I want the kittens to be on a raw diet supplemented with Kitten Wellness canned.

For now, they will be in the "kitten nursery" room, so they will have a huge window, their own bedroom, and use the ensuite as their bathroom.

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Umm, long weekend......mmmmm, I can guess he would like to be relaxing. :D
:laughing::laughing: Kitty tree, here we come!!!!!!!!!!And of course we don't even have to ask for pics immediately!

AND I AM ON VACATION NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I can't get any work done, I am so excited.

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Ok, day's shot, think I should start my vacation now.;)

ancientgirl
May 13th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Awww, how cool is that! I can't wait to see pictures. I loved that picture you posted of the other foster kitties and Jasper. You'd think the girls would be the ones who would try to set a good example of getting alone huh? I hope you can work things out and help these little ones.

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Arrrrgggg, just got a call from the HS, the manager can't meet me after work today, will have to wait until tomorrow:sad:

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Awww, how cool is that! I can't wait to see pictures. I loved that picture you posted of the other foster kitties and Jasper. You'd think the girls would be the ones who would try to set a good example of getting alone huh? I hope you can work things out and help these little ones.

You would think girls would be good and not fighters.

Uncle Jasper is going to be soooooo excited. He loves kittens:cloud9:, they are nice to him and don't hiss, lol.

Chris21711
May 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Arrrrgggg, just got a call from the HS, the manager can't meet me after work today, will have to wait until tomorrow:sad:

Patience, patience L4H :D

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Patience, patience L4H :D

I can't:yell: do you think they would notice if I broke in and stole them?

ancientgirl
May 13th, 2008, 11:33 AM
You would think girls would be good and not fighters.

Uncle Jasper is going to be soooooo excited. He loves kittens:cloud9:, they are nice to him and don't hiss, lol.

I remember when I bought Kiska and Maks home. Oksana was hissing up a storm. Seeing as Vlad gave HER such a hard time I thought she might give the newbies a break, knowing how hard it is to be the new kitty. LOL, but I guess my little diva thought, "Ha, now it's my turn to make someone else's life miserable." :laughing:

So about waiting until tomorrow, hat's a bummer. Can't someone else meet you? Does it have to be the manager?

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I remember when I bought Kiska and Maks home. Oksana was hissing up a storm. Seeing as Vlad gave HER such a hard time I thought she might give the newbies a break, knowing how hard it is to be the new kitty. LOL, but I guess my little diva thought, "Ha, now it's my turn to make someone else's life miserable." :laughing:

So about waiting until tomorrow, hat's a bummer. Can't someone else meet you? Does it have to be the manager?

Yes, I have to sign a contract with her.

Frenchy
May 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Excited ? I really can't see this in your posts :rolleyes:

:laughing: thank you for considering taking them :angel: they're so many animals in need ...

I miss fostering :sad:

So you will have to post lots of pics :D

Love4himies
May 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I am sooooo excited:D, I can't get any work done. 27 hours to go.

Chris21711
May 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I can't:yell: do you think they would notice if I broke in and stole them?

Hmnn, let me think, er Yes :D

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM
OMG this day is going soooooo slow:frustrated:.

4 hours to go.

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe you can start getting on your way. Drive really slow.:D

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM

I don't have a car, I commute with my hubby and he has the car:frustrated:, plus I have to work:mad:. not that I can concentrate on anything:D

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Hmmm....get mysteriously ill and have hubby pick you up.:D

Frenchy
May 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM

:laughing:

Hang in there Love4himies :thumbs up

rainbow
May 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM

:laughing: ancientgirl has lots of good suggestions. :D

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM

I like it! But my boss already knows about the kittens, he is pretty smart so I don't think I could fool him. Actually he is a great boss and would not stop me from leaving, my hubby on the other hand is military and they are not so good about leaving. He allowed me two sick days to stay at home and nurse the foster kittens when they were very sick.

2.5 hours.

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It's great to have a boss like that. I remember when I worked at a larger company, there would be people out all the time because of kids being sick. I think pets count as family, so we should be able to stay home with them when they need us :D

You're almost finished with the day though! Will we get pictures later?

14+kitties
May 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock.............. :p

Are you getting excited????? :D

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
They are here and boy am I going to need your help 14+ and Kashtin, these guys don't like humans.

They arrived, scared to death. Put food on my finger to gain their trust. Full of hisses. They have had virtually no human contact so it is my job to socialize them.
There are 3 black and white and one brown tabby. Will try to get more pics. The tabby is the shy little one, notice she/he doesn't take their foot off the carrier when eating.

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Jasper is already at the door wanting in to play. Sweet Pea is scared, sniffed them in the carrier but didn't hiss. Probably too afraid momma is around.

Jim Hall
May 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
patience and gentleness they will come around sit on th floor with them ,read to them are they seperated rrom your other cats?

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 06:16 PM
patience and gentleness they will come around sit on th floor with them ,read to them are they seperated rrom your other cats?

Yes, they are. Jasper sits outside their door just like he did with Sweet Pea and her kittens.

I got to pick one up and had to keep him/her calm. Tried to look at the sex, but couldn't the kitten got scared.

The brown tabby won't move from under the bed. Poor thing.

I'll go sit with them again.

meg4050
May 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Awww Love4, they're adorable! Thank you for taking them in! Just be patient, they'll come around :lovestruck:

When I first fostered Peaches he was afraid of people... I ended up just sitting in my room with him for a couple hours everyday and after about 3 or 4 days, he came around

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
OMG! They are adorable! Poor little babies! How old are they? I can't remember if you said before.

Love4himies
May 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
They are barely 6 weeks and so tiny. They are gonna need some good grits to get some meat on them bones, lol. Got the raw thawing in the fridge so it will be ready for feeding tomorrow after work.

Did as Jim said, laid on the floor at the foot of the bed (they are hiding underneath) and talked to them. One came up and sniffed my nose. If I stand really quiet in the room and not move, the two black and white ones will sniff my toes.

Will post more pictures from work tomorrow.

Apparently this man who dropped off the kittens does this continually. He refuses to get his cat spayed:yell::mad::sad:.

ancientgirl
May 14th, 2008, 07:29 PM
They are barely 6 weeks and so tiny. They are gonna need some good grits to get some meat on them bones, lol. Got the raw thawing in the fridge so it will be ready for feeding tomorrow after work.

Did as Jim said, laid on the floor at the foot of the bed (they are hiding underneath) and talked to them. One came up and sniffed my nose. If I stand really quiet in the room and not move, the two black and white ones will sniff my toes.

Will post more pictures from work tomorrow.

Apparently this man who dropped off the kittens does this continually. He refuses to get his cat spayed:yell::mad::sad:.

Awwww, they do look quite tiny.

That's good they are curious and willing to get out from their hiding spots. Hopefully in a couple of days they will be running around wit no problem

I can't believe that guy! What a :loser:! Someone needs to catnap his cat and get the poor girl spayed!

Masha
May 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM
They are adorable and look like little :evil: :D I bet once they get used to their new surroundings your will be wishing that they spend more time in the crates :laughing:

Keep us updated on their progress!!

Frenchy
May 14th, 2008, 09:09 PM
ahhh finally ! :D they're too cute , and so young , they will get use to you faster than adult cats I guess ? :goodvibes:

14+kitties
May 14th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Jasper is already at the door wanting in to play. Sweet Pea is scared, sniffed them in the carrier but didn't hiss. Probably too afraid momma is around.

Or too afraid you want HER to feed them!! :)

You are getting great advice.
When I find the kitties around here I just make sure I spend as much time as possible with them (no problem there :D ) so they get to know me and my smell. I hold them a lot. They may not like it but I think it helps them get to know who I am. One thing I do is to make sure I always have the same shoes on and sometimes as close as I can get to the same clothes. Never with perfume on. Even with my guys now if I go in to see them and I have perfume on half of them take off until they hear me talk. They just don't know that smell.
One thing that is important if you are socializing them is to make sure once they have settled in and got used to you that you have lots of people around. But you know that.
I am sure you will do a terrific job with these sweeties. They are so adorable!! The one with his foot in the carrier. :cloud9: Cute!
We don't have to bug you to post new pics all the time do we?? :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
May 14th, 2008, 10:56 PM
awwwww so cute :lovestruck: I love b&w kitties :cloud9: foot on the carrier too cute :D

:lightbulb: we need weekly or bi-weekly maybe daily :D pic thread updates :thumbs up

onster
May 15th, 2008, 12:28 AM
weekly or bi-weekly growler??? are u MAD??!?!

Only daily will do :D

I missed this post b4 love4himmies, but theyre sooooo cute and are about the luckiest kittens ever to get to be fostered by you :goodvibes:

I cant wait to see pics with them and uncle jasper :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
May 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM
exactly :headslap: what was I thinking :shrug: they're already 6 weeks

gonna need daily pics :D

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM

You are getting great advice.
When I find the kitties around here I just make sure I spend as much time as possible with them (no problem there :D ) so they get to know me and my smell. I hold them a lot. They may not like it but I think it helps them get to know who I am. One thing I do is to make sure I always have the same shoes on and sometimes as close as I can get to the same clothes. Never with perfume on. Even with my guys now if I go in to see them and I have perfume on half of them take off until they hear me talk. They just don't know that smell.
One thing that is important if you are socializing them is to make sure once they have settled in and got used to you that you have lots of people around. But you know that.
I am sure you will do a terrific job with these sweeties. They are so adorable!! The one with his foot in the carrier. :cloud9: Cute!
We don't have to bug you to post new pics all the time do we?? :rolleyes:

I can't believe you mentioned the shoes. I would never have thought of that. Anyway, this morning when I went in to feed them their breakfast I had bare feet, yesterday I had black socks on and they would continually sniff my feet if I stood really still. They were TERRIFIED of my bare feet and wouldn't come near me:sad:.
This is a whole new learning experience, I have never dealt with semi ferals before. I am used to kittens running up to me, purring, etc.

I spent pretty much the whole evening with them, talking, taking pictures, etc.
Here is a link to my web album:
http://picasaweb.google.ca/debghislainroy/FostersMay2008

I have yet to name the tabby. Don't know any of the sexes yet as they won't let me check.

14+kitties
May 15th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Just had a thought - How about Splotch for a name for tabby? There is a really neat "splotch" of colour behind the ear in the pic in the album.
Btw - sooooo cute!!!!
Probably momma was black and that's why they were sniffing your socks so much. That's good. They will have your smell now. :)
You will do very very well with them. :cloud9:

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Brought Jasper into the room last night, the kittens hissed, he cried, wanted to play with them, but thought a 30 second visit was enough for them, they have been through so much since Monday. Will try again tonight.

The reason I want Jasper to be socialized with them because he will groom them like a momma (or at least he did with Sweet Pea's kittens, kept them bums clean and their faces) and he will teach them acceptable play.

14+kitties
May 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Brought Jasper into the room last night, the kittens hissed, he cried, wanted to play with them, but thought a 30 second visit was enough for them, they have been through so much since Monday. Will try again tonight.

The reason I want Jasper to be socialized with them because he will groom them like a momma (or at least he did with Sweet Pea's kittens, kept them bums clean and their faces) and he will teach them acceptable play.

Jasper is an :angel: to have around. He is so good with babies. He probably remembers his bad start.
Did you do the baby powder trick with them and Jasper? It may help a little. And it gives you a chance to hold them. :rolleyes: :D Every little bit helps.

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Jasper is an :angel: to have around. He is so good with babies. He probably remembers his bad start.
Did you do the baby powder trick with them and Jasper? It may help a little. And it gives you a chance to hold them. :rolleyes: :D Every little bit helps.

No I didn't, but I do have some, used it when my last fosters returned from being altered. I will try that tonight, thanks.

Jim Hall
May 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM
so the kits keep you up ?

one thing we do at thre cattery is to make sure we have some lavender around and we rub it on our hands its a smell most cats likethe smell and they can recognise the scent

the ting about the shoes is good never thought of that

talking to the cats lol i run out of things to say i end up reading whatever im reading to them one got the whole Texas insrtutment programmble calculator instruction manual

chico2
May 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM
L4H,because of the problems with the Forum,I missed your announcment about the kitties,I am sure with Jaspers help,they'll eventually be fine.
I would leave an old used t-shirt or any kind of clothing with your smell with them.
My cats still will lay down on any clothing I've worn,if I leave it lying around..they are just scrumptios:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
May 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Those pictures were adorable! Charlie looks like he is the self imposed leader there. Tabby is adorable!

I hope they let Jasper get close to them. He's probably so excited to play with them.

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM

:laughing::laughing: I bet you are soooooo right. She was so sick of her kittens by the time they left to go up for adoption! One (the tiniest of the litter) was still trying to nurse off her at 5 months:eek:. They had to be spayed and neutered before going up for adoption.

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=chico2;593223]I would leave an old used t-shirt or any kind of clothing with your smell with them.
QUOTE]

I didn't think of that, great idea!!!!

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 09:06 AM
so the kits keep you up ?

one thing we do at thre cattery is to make sure we have some lavender around and we rub it on our hands its a smell most cats likethe smell and they can recognise the scent

the ting about the shoes is good never thought of that

talking to the cats lol i run out of things to say i end up reading whatever im reading to them one got the whole Texas insrtutment programmble calculator instruction manual

No they were very quiet last night.
:laughing:Calculator manual :laughing::laughing: and all they heard was blah, blah, blah.

Chris21711
May 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM
They are all cute L4H but I have a special place for Tabbies :lovestruck:

Jim Hall
May 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
yah it was blah blah blah but is was delivered in a sweet voice and that all that matters

lets see DU got a lot of terry pratchett a nd some grisham the painted
house and probaly some robert frost

Love4himies
May 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Got a name for the tabby, it is Bambi, shy, timid and has huge eyes! First thing I noticed about this soul was her/his eyes.

growler~GateKeeper
May 16th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Cute pics :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

more more :D

:laugh: Whatever works eh Jim? :D

Love4himies
May 16th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I think all the black and white ones are girls (Charlie name sticks for the white and black one because she is such a clown) and Bambi works out good for him.

Love4himies
May 17th, 2008, 02:59 PM
The kittens went back to the humane society to be treated for tapeworm, which they didn't get, but that is another story.

The manager could not believe how far these kittens have come. When I picked them up, they would not come to the front of their cage, they hissed at humans. Well, today, they came to the front of their carrier and allowed the manager to pick them up!!!! No hisses.

I am soooo pround of these little tykes they have been through so much. They are going to make wonderful pets to some lucky families.

PS Jasper loves the kitties:cloud9: and they are getting used to him.

ancientgirl
May 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yay! I'm so glad they are getting used to people. Are they okay though?

Love4himies
May 17th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yay! I'm so glad they are getting used to people. Are they okay though?

Yes, they will be OK, tapeworm is fairly common, had I known they wouldn't be able to treat them today, I would have taken them to my vet who would have fit them in today and I would have paid for the bill myself.:mad: I didn't know until after my vet closed at noon today.

ancientgirl
May 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Well that blows. At least you can just take them back Monday or to your vet first thing in the morning.

Love4himies
July 18th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Well I put them to bed for the last time, tomorow they are off to Global to be put up for adoption. :cry:

Tips, the runt of the litter who stayed mostly by herself but wasn't shy to ask for attention.
Boots, who looks up to me with the biggest meow to be picked up.
Charlie, the clown who was always acting up.
Bambi with his beautiful eyes that are going to melt any heart.

I get so attached to my fosters, don't think I'll sleep a wink. I just hope they get a home that loves them as much as I do.:cry:

14+kitties
July 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
:grouphug: for you. But also :highfive: for the work you do to get them to the point where they can be great pets for their forever homes!!!
It will be hard for you tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Do you get your new ones tomorrow or Monday? And then we want a new thread started of course. ;)
Good Luck!! :goodvibes: they get adopted quickly.

ancientgirl
July 18th, 2008, 08:21 PM
http://forums.monstersmallbusiness.com/style_emoticons/monsters/hug.gifAww, L4H, you did a great job with them. Because of you, people are going to look at them and see these wonderful little friendly kittens who will enrich their lives like nothing else can.

I wish I had room to foster. I don't know though if I could take letting fosters go though. As it is I never meant to keep Maks and Kiska :rolleyes:

But tomorrow you will get another pair of little ones who really need you and Jasper!:D

Frenchy
July 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Love4himies :2huggers: don't be sad , because of you they're getting a second chance at life :thumbs up :cat:

Good luck for tomorrow kitties , make your momma proud :goodvibes:

chico2
July 19th, 2008, 08:18 AM
L4H,I can sooo imagine how you feel every time you have to let these little ones go,but hopefully they are going towards a wonderful future:pray:made possible because of you:grouphug:
Will be thinking of you and the babies today..sweet Jasper will miss them too:cat:

phoozles
July 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
It's SO tough to let them go, but you did a great thing for them - you gave them another chance at life, where they can be happy with people instead of scared in a cage :thumbs up :grouphug:

Oh yeah, you're getting new fosters - those ones you rescued, right? When do you pick those guys up?

rainbow
July 19th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Yes, it must be so heartbreaking to let them go. :grouphug: Whoever gets to adopt them will be so lucky that the kitties lived with you first. :angel:

And now, you and Uncle Jasper get to foster the next ones.....looking forward to the pics. :cloud9:

Love4himies
July 19th, 2008, 03:22 PM
well 3 of the 4 are back home, Bambi has been adopted so he was left behind. Kingston Humane Society dropped off 5 cats so there was no room.:frustrated::frustrated:

That means my future fosters who really need to get out of a cage so they can be socialized won't be :yell:

It takes a lot to mentally prepare to say good bye and now I have to do it again.:mad:

ancientgirl
July 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm torn with being happy for Bambi, but being sad too for him. I wish he could have been adopted with one of his siblings. Will you have the others back for another week now? I feel terrible now too for your future fosters. Those poor little ones are stuck in that cage.:sad:

chico2
July 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
L4H,that's terrible for you,first a goodbye and then they are returned,only for you to have to do it all over again:sad:

BenMax
July 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Well, I may be getting more foster kittens. They were brought to the Gan HS at about 6 weeks, no momma, not yet weaned, didn't know what cat food was :sad:. Will get the full story tonight and meet them.

Fostering them depends on Sweet Pea and her reaction to them. I haven't yet gotten Sweet Pea and Puddles together (Puddles is a crank pot) so if things get worse, I'll have to give them back. Also, I have no idea how Sweet Pea will react to any other cats in the house. She is EXTREMELY PROTECTIVE of her food!

Jasper, I think would be a good surrogate parent for them.

Wish I had a kitty condo (cage) for them.:frustrated:

I think I know where you can get a kitty condo. If you need one let me know.

Love4himies
July 23rd, 2008, 07:08 AM
We are going to try again today. There is a freed up kitty condo cage today. Two of Gananoque's kittens were adopted together yesterday :lovestruck:.

rainbow
July 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
July 23rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
It's SO tough to let them go, but you did a great thing for them - you gave them another chance at life, where they can be happy with people instead of scared in a cage :thumbs up :grouphug:

Oh yeah, you're getting new fosters - those ones you rescued, right? When do you pick those guys up?

I picked them up on Sunday, so they are already at home. They are slowly coming out of their shell.

chico2
July 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
L4H,so you have the new fosters and 3 of the others???

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM
L4H,so you have the new fosters and 3 of the others???

Yes, it was getting very hectic at feeding time :laughing: My 3 cats have different diets, the older fosters were getting a different raw combo than the new fosters. I needed a whole counter for lining up the dishes and cat food:laughing:. Thank goodness DH was doing all the litter boxes :D.

chico2
July 24th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Kudos to DH for doing litterboxes:thumbs upmy husband will do just about anything for the cats,but no litterboxes:laughing:for that matter,he would never pick up Baileys poop,but will gladly carry a poop-bag:laughing:

So,you have a house full of kittens and cats,sounds exciting:cat:a fulltime job
You are closing in on 14+:cat:

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Kudos to DH for doing litterboxes:thumbs upmy husband will do just about anything for the cats,but no litterboxes:laughing:for that matter,he would never pick up Baileys poop,but will gladly carry a poop-bag:laughing:

So,you have a house full of kittens and cats,sounds exciting:cat:a fulltime job
You are closing in on 14+:cat:

The three older fosters went to Globals yesterday to go up for adoption, so I only have 2 fosters and 3 of my kitties.

I could never catch up to 14+ :laughing:

DH cleans the toilets in the house too:D

hazelrunpack
July 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM
The three older fosters went to Globals yesterday to go up for adoption, so I only have 2 fosters and 3 of my kitties.

I could never catch up to 14+ :laughing:

DH cleans the toilets in the house too:D

:grouphug: Good job on the three, L4H. :thumbs up

And I'm in awe of your husband's domestic talents! :laughing:

Jim Hall
July 24th, 2008, 10:34 AM
cute a couple of things they have been checked for parasites and ill ness and vaccinated make sure your other kits are up to date

and watch for signs of uri's

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
cute a couple of things they have been checked for parasites and ill ness and vaccinated make sure your other kits are up to date

and watch for signs of uri's

The original fosters have been fully vaccinated, dewormed, and altered, microchipped, and tattoed. The current fosters have been given initial vaccinations (not yet rabies) and dewormed and will be altered, microchipped, and tattoed before they are put up for adoption. This humane society treats their animals right :thumbs up

Jim Hall
July 24th, 2008, 10:52 AM
good i wish i could say the same about the rescues around here

Love4himies
July 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
CHARLIE HAS BEEN ADOPTED! Only hours after dropping them off Charlie has been adopted. She went off to her forever home yesterday, three teenage children, very nice family.

Now for Boots and Tips.:fingerscr:fingerscr

ancientgirl
July 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Yay for Charlie!!!! I hope Boots and Tips go together:pray:

growler~GateKeeper
July 25th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Well of course Charlie was adopted within hours - She is just too adorable for words :lovestruck:

:fingerscr Boots, Tips & Bambi are adopted to great homes soon & :fingerscr 2 go together or all 3 :D

Love4himies
July 25th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Well of course Charlie was adopted within hours - She is just too adorable for words :lovestruck:

:fingerscr Boots, Tips & Bambi are adopted to great homes soon & :fingerscr 2 go together or all 3 :D

Bambi was adopted last Saturday, I brought the crew into Global for somebody who wanted to see Bambi in particular and it was love at first sight :lovestruck:. I tried to talk her into raw, but the she was sticking to Instinct canned. They have two cats already and are not allowed free, but are allowed outside time on a harness.

14+kitties
July 25th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I am so happy Charlie got adopted as quickly as she did! Wonderful news!!! :thumbs up Now let's hope Tips and Boots get adopted to their furever home together. That would be marvelous!!!

growler~GateKeeper
July 26th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Obviously I missed the memo about Bambi :thumbs up good news & Yay for the Instinct - at leaset they are going with a great food & :highfive: for the inside & out w/harnesses :)

hazelrunpack
July 26th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hurrah for Charlie!! :highfive:

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Well this chapter has now ended.

Tips and Boots have been adopted TOGETHER today, WAHOO!.

Now to concentrate on Malcolm and Matilda.

14+kitties
August 2nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
:highfive: for Tips and Boots!! I love coming in here and reading good news! That is so exciting to hear! I am sure they will be much happier together than apart. Bless the person/people who adopted them! :cloud9:
And as usual - fantastic job done by you!! :thumbs up:

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
I was in tears when I heard, these two are the most loving kittens and deserved a home so badly.

14+kitties
August 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Too bad you can't find out who adopted them and visit. :rolleyes: :D

ancientgirl
August 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
Woohooo!!!!! I'm so happy they were adopted together!! I hope M&M have the same luck when their time comes. :fingerscr

rainbow
August 3rd, 2008, 01:58 AM
WOO HOO for Tips and Boots. :highfive:

I hope that Malcolm and Matilda get adopted together too. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

And then you will be blessed with new babies to foster. :cloud9:

chico2
August 3rd, 2008, 08:00 AM
L4H,fantastic news,maybe people are realizing 2 is always better than one:thumbs up
I KNOW,if I saw 2 kittens loving each other,there is no way I would split them up.
When I got Chico(the only kitty from a pet-store)the only reason I bought him because he was such a sad little kitty all alone in a cage,the last of a litter and black.

Love4himies
August 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately adoptions are confidential so I never get to know who adopts them, well except for Bambi, the new owners voluntarily contacted me.

BenMax
August 8th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Always great to hear of happy endings. Bless you for all your hard work and efforts. You are an :angel2:

Love4himies
August 9th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I heard that Boots and Tips went to a home that currently has 3 cats :eek: What a paradise for these two! They will never be lonely :thumbs up

14+kitties
August 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Wow! 3 other kitties already!! Must be another crazy cat lady.:rolleyes: :laughing::laughing: Lucky little dickens'! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
That's such great news! Not only will they be together but they will have others to play with.

Love4himies
August 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Ummm, 14+ you are calling a family with 5 cats a crazy cat lady:rolleyes::D:laughing:

14+kitties
August 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Ummm, 14+ you are calling a family with 5 cats a crazy cat lady:rolleyes::D:laughing:

Your point? :D I never, ever denied being :crazy:! But, in my defense , I only have 6 of them in the house! :D

Love4himies
August 9th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Your point? :D I never, ever denied being :crazy:! But, in my defense , I only have 6 of them in the house! :D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Could be down to 5 if you would give up TT.:D