Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Brotherly love & randoms

onster
May 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Using my dad's canon I'm getting MUCh better pictures. I shake my fists at my Sony. lol...anyway here's some pictures from today :D

Bunduk leaning in for a good ear cleaning

Onnie realizes bunduk is dirtier than he thought :yuck: Pins him down for a thorough clean

Can't miss behind the ear

onster
May 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
My mom got the red carnation from a restaurant yest. for mother's day ...didnt last long. Notice the long stem with no flower...that's where it used to be attached :crazy: The other white carnations my brother bought me when I was taking care of him :goodvibes:

Onnie looking innocent as can be :rolleyes:

Is I in troubles?? :sorry:

onster
May 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Sure looks nice out :cloud9:

Please God, Please..ive been good...I want to go out :sad: :pray:

Mommy...Onnie gets to go out ..please, ill be good :cry2:

By far the last one is my favourite :lovestruck:

14+kitties
May 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM
But we all know what happens when Onnie goes out!! That would be a big no no! I love that pic too. He looks so pathetic. :D :cloud9:
Flower killer kitty is cute too. Are carnations on the bad list for kitties? I will have to check.

Love4himies
May 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Awww, onnie is a good brother to keep Bunduk clean.:lovestruck::cloud9:

Ummm isn't it Bunduk that wants to go out, or am I missing something?

Bunduk, don't you remember your last adventure outside, there are :evil::evil::evil: people out there?

Chris21711
May 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Did you let Onnie out onster and make Bunduk suffer :eek:

onster
May 12th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Onnie gets to go out with me when I do weeding, he waits patiently for his collar to go on and he doesnt wander. He just sniffs flowers, chomps grass...he doesn't go near the fence (there are small gaps between the fence and the ground) and anyway he is too chubchub to squeeze thru. About once a month he gets some outside time with me but he usually goes back in the house before I do, if the wind blows too loud he'll run inside :crazy:

Bunduk on the other hand...well we know what happened :sad: Also, I cant even have him out with me supervised cuz he's too curious about the gap in the fence and he tries to go under the deck, climb the trees, run away. I just cant risk it so no outside time for him.

he sure can look super pathetic tho :cry: lol

onster
May 12th, 2008, 01:05 PM
But we all know what happens when Onnie goes out!! That would be a big no no! I love that pic too. He looks so pathetic. :D :cloud9:
Flower killer kitty is cute too. Are carnations on the bad list for kitties? I will have to check.

oh my, i didnt even think to check if carnations are bad for them :eek:

Chris21711
May 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM
oh my, i didnt even think to check if carnations are bad for them :eek:

I don't think they are Onster, that little monster is sure testing you on all fronts. Just wants to keep you on your toes :D

:offtopic:Did your Mum like her vase?

onster
May 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM
oh phew!! I know lily plants are not good for them...

Yes my mom loved her crystal flower:cloud9: We gave my dad the cam and my mom the flower over the dinner I made....she loved it. She kept getting up from the food to go look at it. Put it in her glass showcase thing in the dining room....her eyes lit up. She then told us to feel free to get her the rest of the floral collection :laughing::D It was nice to get her something she really loved.:thumbs up

onster
May 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Oh and bunduk, he is nicknamed monkey cuz it really feels like we have a cheeky little chimp running around the house!! :crazy:

I cant tell if its that he's reallllly smart so he gets intro trouble...or really dumb :p

rainbow
May 12th, 2008, 01:30 PM
HA HA......Onnie licking his lips :lovestruck: ....he must have loved that carnation. :D

I love that last pic of Bunduk......how can you resist that face? :cloud9: Can you take him outside with a harness and leash? :)

Chris21711
May 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
oh phew!! I know lily plants are not good for them...

Yes my mom loved her crystal flower:cloud9: We gave my dad the cam and my mom the flower over the dinner I made....she loved it. She kept getting up from the food to go look at it. Put it in her glass showcase thing in the dining room....her eyes lit up. She then told us to feel free to get her the rest of the floral collection :laughing::D It was nice to get her something she really loved.:thumbs up

Cool, it warms your cockles when you give them something they really like. I used to give my Mum pressies when she came over and then when I went back to England to help her move here, I found most of it in the shed :sad: This has got totally :offtopic::D

Jim Hall
May 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
how bout trying a harness on bun?

Love4himies
May 12th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Onnie gets to go out with me when I do weeding, he waits patiently for his collar to go on and he doesnt wander. He just sniffs flowers, chomps grass...he doesn't go near the fence (there are small gaps between the fence and the ground) and anyway he is too chubchub to squeeze thru. About once a month he gets some outside time with me but he usually goes back in the house before I do, if the wind blows too loud he'll run inside :crazy:

Bunduk on the other hand...well we know what happened :sad: Also, I cant even have him out with me supervised cuz he's too curious about the gap in the fence and he tries to go under the deck, climb the trees, run away. I just cant risk it so no outside time for him.

he sure can look super pathetic tho :cry: lol

I got your post now, duh. I didn't know onnie was allowed out.:o

onster
May 12th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Cool, it warms your cockles when you give them something they really like. I used to give my Mum pressies when she came over and then when I went back to England to help her move here, I found most of it in the shed :sad: This has got totally :offtopic::D

cockles, hehehe never heard that word before. I bought my mom my share of useless gifts..the "oh...how ..nice" Not. lol. I used to think buying my mom stuffed animals (teddy bears etc) were the perfect present cuz i loved them so much :rolleyes:

how bout trying a harness on bun?
I tried one but he just collapses to the ground, refuses to move :shrug:

I got your post now, duh. I didn't know onnie was allowed out.:o

Only supervised :) It's very rare and only when I can really keep my eye on him.

onster
May 12th, 2008, 02:20 PM
HA HA......Onnie licking his lips :lovestruck: ....he must have loved that carnation. :D

I love that last pic of Bunduk......how can you resist that face? :cloud9: Can you take him outside with a harness and leash? :)

hahahah ya Onnie loves flowers :D

no, unfortunately he thinks the harness/leash are the :evil: :sad:

Love4himies
May 12th, 2008, 02:26 PM
It would be pretty hard to say no to that face of Bunduks.:cloud9:

To harness train my cats I would start by putting the harness on them in the house and let them get used to it there. Just leave it on for a few hours (supervised, of course). Then introduce the leash, then try it outside.

ancientgirl
May 12th, 2008, 02:47 PM
What a good kitty Onnie is, keeping his brother nice and clean.

That look on Bunduk's face is priceless. Poor little guy looks utterly pathetic. I'm thinking about getting Vlad a harness and leash. I now he wants to explore outside so bad. He's always standing at the door when I come home.

onster
May 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM
It would be pretty hard to say no to that face of Bunduks.:cloud9:

It's darn near impossible. I relent sometimes, like today after this post. Sure enough he found a gap in the fence between the front and back yard and all of a sudden im fenced in the back yard and he's in the front yard :eek: I ran like I never ran before, into the house, to the front yard. He was chasing a bunny and actually ran into the street after it. omg. When I went back inside with him Onnie was already inside, my mom said that when I ran in he showed up at the back door (he was in the backyard too) pawing frantically, meowing to be let in. He's such a good boy, i was worried he'd go thru the gap too. That does it tho, absolutely no more bunduk outside time unless he's on harness. It's too stressful and when he is off chasing things Onnie is left alone when I chase after him

To harness train my cats I would start by putting the harness on them in the house and let them get used to it there. Just leave it on for a few hours (supervised, of course). Then introduce the leash, then try it outside.

Thanks for that, ill give it a try.

What a good kitty Onnie is, keeping his brother nice and clean.
lol, would u believe I woke up last night 4am to seperate a cat fight? sigh...sometimes theyre best buds, other times they want to eat eachother. I guess its play..but not to me in the wee hours of the morning:rolleyes:
That look on Bunduk's face is priceless. Poor little guy looks utterly pathetic. I'm thinking about getting Vlad a harness and leash. I now he wants to explore outside so bad. He's always standing at the door when I come home.
Im sure he'd love that. Maybe you can follow love4himmies suggestion to harness train inside? I mailed the harness I bought bunduk/onnie to my brother in Egypt for his cat uro..im sure the guy is really enjoying his BRIGHT pink harness :laughing:..maybe this time I'll get a more manly one :thumbs up

Hmm maybe I should put some of these photos into the pet challenge :thumbs up Onnie eating a flower, bunduk wanting to be in the greeen :D

Jim Hall
May 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM
iv harnessed cats before leave the hrness around so they get used to it after a few days put it on and let bun be a floor hugger till shes bored and also try to distract her by playing

All my cats fought it but eventually got used to the idea that it meant outside time

onster
May 12th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks Jim, its definately worth a try. We have quite a big back yard so it feels a shame to not let them out into it especially since I supervise.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if i need to apply advantage/revolution if they only go in the backyard? I never did as they they are "indoor only" tho..i guess theyre not really indoor only if I let them out with me :o As I understand, fleas are found in taller grass areas/woods etc....I don't want them to get any fleas :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
May 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Awwww I love the Onnie lip licking & the last of Bunduk :lovestruck:

Ticks are the ones found in tall grass/wooded areas but not all such areas. Fleas can be picked up just about anywhere, including the vets office :shrug:

As for your backyard, it depends on whether the neighbours have fleas etc, if there are any in the area. Duffy was indoor/outdoor up until 4 years ago, she hasn't had any fleas since she was about 3 yrs old (14 years ago) - during that time she did go out all the time :shrug:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if i need to apply advantage/revolution if they only go in the backyard? I never did as they they are "indoor only" tho..i guess theyre not really indoor only if I let them out with me :o As I understand, fleas are found in taller grass areas/woods etc....I don't want them to get any fleas :eek:

onster
May 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks growler!

My last cat :rip: Ty was indoor outdoor, for years he never got fleas. Then he started to get them 2 years in a row, so we had to advantage and parasite control just in case. However, he went all over, into the woods behind our house etc. He also caught squirrels :o I assumed that was the reason.

I guess its better to be safe than sorry though, I'll pick up some advantage for them :thumbs up

ancientgirl
May 13th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Onster, yeah mine are the same. So far Vlad and Maks are best buds, but sometimes I see them playing kind of rough. I wonder how long it will take for things to get out of hand, but so far they seem to know when to stop before they get too rough with each other.

I think I'm going to follow some of the advice here for harness training. I need to do that anyway since I'd like to try and get Vlad evaluated to be a therapy kitty. I'll pick up a harness this weekend and start!

onster
May 14th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Good luck wih that ancient!

let me know how it goes please, i dont think i will have time to try it for a few weeks :) I think he would make a wonderful therapy cat.

ancientgirl
May 15th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'm getting him a harness this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes after a few days. I'm hoping since he's so friendly and curious, he'd like going out and being with people.

krdahmer
May 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Oh those Bunduk eyes!!! :lovestruck: And Onnie the flower theif! :lovestruck: Those are two very handsome boys! :cloud9:

Good luck with the harnesses guys.... I've tried them with all my guys, the girls don't really mind much, Buddy and Palomine like them but Fagan just flops and refuses to move when I put them on him! :rolleyes::laughing:

Oh and be very very careful if you are using them to tie out.... make sure the lead or leash is never long enough to reach the fence.... I made that mistake once, and poor Palomine ended up hanging over the top of one for a few minutes while I tried desperately to hoist my giant arse up the fence to dislodge him!!! :eek: I felt like such a bad furmom that day...:sad: