Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Momma and babies reunited.....

14+kitties
May 10th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I just did the most incredibly stupid thing but it worked!!!
I went out to feed everyone this morning. The momma kitty was hanging around the catuary and was meowing very plaintively. :sad: I went into the greenhouse to see if she managed to get in there last night. She followed me in, came up really close, I am sure looking for her babies. It broke my heart. So, silly me, I thought mmmm, carrier maybe? I trudged back to the porch, grabbed a carrier, back to the greenhouse, and coaxed the mom back over close to me. I reached out and grabbed her by the scruff (yes, I know it's a no-no), picked her up, put the carrier on edge, and put her in. I don't know how I did it but reaction has set in now.... I am shaking so much!
I then spent the next half hour or so moving the largest dog crate to the porch, re-uniting mom and babies and taping cardboard around it so the kittens couldn't crawl through the spaces which they delighted in doing the whole time I was working on it!
I think I spent part of that time crying too when I saw how happy mom was. Babies went right for the teats. I still don't think a couple of them have let go. :)

BeagleMum
May 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Awww, yay, that's so sweet. Hopefully she will start to come around once she gets more used to you.

badger
May 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
So sweet. Not ready to be apart just yet.
When those in-the-moment decisions work out, it's such a rush isn't it.
Good job!

Chris21711
May 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Well done 14+k :thumbs up

rainbow
May 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Great job. :highfive: You are definitely their kitty angel. :angel:

ancientgirl
May 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Oh I'm so happy you were able to give her her babies back! It sounded like she really missed them and they missed her. Things looks like they worked out well. At least you have her inside now, and when she's ready to get spayed you won't have to hunt her down.:thumbs up

kashtin's kin
May 10th, 2008, 04:50 PM
...that's soooo great that you've got the whole family now! Who knew things would develop this fast, and this well-YAY. Breakthroughs such as ye olde feral family reunion do a heart good, and make all the worrying/decision/agonizing go away for a while.

Me and 'my' ferals and ex-ferals (and friendly ferals :D) are all rooting for you and yours. It's wonderful that momcat can get back to feeding her brood; you can hopefully catch your breath after this latest intense Feralama episode. Tiny kitten hugs to the bunch, and momma :thumbs up !

chico2
May 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Awww 14+ you made me cry:cry:momma was missing her babies,but now they are back together thank's to you.
But please don't beat yourself up,it all ended in a good way:cat:
At least she cannot be out there getting pregnant again....LOVE the look on her face,you know she's saying Thank You to you:thumbs up
I can just imagine you are on an emotional roller coaster,I know I would be,but you brought them back together....great stuff,so proud of you:angel2:

meg4050
May 10th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Awww good job 14+! Momma looks so happy, she sure is purrty!

14+kitties
May 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks everybody. I don't feel bad Chico. I feel pretty good that I managed to catch her that easily after 2 years of trying. Maybe I should try that with the other one(s). :laughing::laughing:Probably not. I haven't even found the litter(s) yet.
In the pic momma is actually hissing at the camera. She has been not too bad with me. She is growling and meowing but purring at the same time. We had quite the "conversation" a few hours ago. I think she was telling me she needed to get out to find a place to potty. I was telling her no way, she could learn to use the litter box. Her kids have. :D I have totally lost it now, haven't I? :rolleyes:
It should be fun over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!!

Frenchy
May 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
yipppeeee ! Momma's back with the kitties ! Good job 14+kitties :highfive: I would have loved to see the kitties see her back :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
May 10th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I guess I needed to be keeping up in the other thread! I didn't know you'd nabbed the kittens! :eek: Excellent job on reuniting the whole family, 14+! :thumbs up

She's being such a good mummy! :cloud9: And the kittens are just darling. So heartwarming. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
May 11th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Excellent Job Geri :thumbs up :highfive:

14+kitties
May 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I guess I needed to be keeping up in the other thread! I didn't know you'd nabbed the kittens! :eek: Excellent job on reuniting the whole family, 14+! :thumbs up

That's ok hazel. You are forgiven. I know you have your hands full with 8 marvelous setters.:cloud9:
Yep, sometimes I have been known to do some silly things. But it worked out in the end. :)

Thank you Frenchy, hazel and Growler!!

Love4himies
May 12th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Way to go 14+:thumbs up Sometimes in emergency situations, you just have to grab by the scruff, you did the right thing.

Momma and babies reunited:lovestruck::cloud9:.

I remember when two of the foster kittens were so sick, they had to be hospitalized for 2 days, when they were reunited, one of them would not leave Sweet Pea's side for days.

This is turning out perfect:)

14+kitties
May 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks L4H! I may have a couple of them adopted too!!
It was amazing to see them get back together but I still think I did what I had to do to get the kittens. I am just glad mom is such a good momma. Her last time to be a momma but she still has a grown up daughter she hangs around a lot with. That's the one I just got fixed yesterday.
I have missed my weekly addition of kitty pics but I think this is enough excitment for a while!

loopoo
May 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
awww that is just awesome so good to see them all together:lovestruck:

krdahmer
May 13th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Aw 14+!!!! :grouphug: I am so proud of you.... that was such quick thinkin! I know how your heart can get racing when you are just flying by the seat of your pants and don't realize what you did until you sit still later! Momma looks so happy to have her babies again... and they will do well to get some more mommy milk too. And how great is that for mom too, she'll get to be taken care of too so she doesn't have to keep having more!

Oh and don't worry I'm sure she was listening and will try the potty. ( I have to think they do listen or else I talk to myself WAY too much!!!!:rolleyes::laughing:)

:highfive: Congrats on the daring capture!

14+kitties
May 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
thanks loopoo and kr! I may have another one adopted. My kids are working very hard to help me this time. They know my budget is stretched to breaking with feeding the ones I have. My daughter has a friend who's sister would like one but not till the end of June (perfect) because she is a teacher and will be at home for the summer with the kitten.
I have the best kids possible!
And, may I add, I have the very very best support group anyone could ever ask for!!! Thank you all guys!

chico2
May 14th, 2008, 07:58 AM
14+,sorry if I have not commented as much as I would like,I have a heap of trouble with the Forum-site,it takes a good few minutes just to reply:wall:
VERY frustrating!!
I have no problem with any other site on the PC,or my high-speed internet,so it must be the Forum,a pain in the butt:yell:

14+kitties
May 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
14+,sorry if I have not commented as much as I would like,I have a heap of trouble with the Forum-site,it takes a good few minutes just to reply:wall:
VERY frustrating!!
I have no problem with any other site on the PC,or my high-speed internet,so it must be the Forum,a pain in the butt:yell:

That's alright Chico. I know you are here checking out the babies updates. :)
I am having some of the same issues the last couple of days. Guess I should report them.