Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my dog bleeding from his bottom.

duttypaws
May 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM
my dog has had glandular problems since he was a puppy he is now nine and my mum is just saying how he is bleeding while doing the loo.
He is going for a check (while knocked out!) but for now my mum is wondering if she can do anything to ease the pain a little as his appointment is in 2 weeks... (basically she is flying over here to Canada for a week tomorrow and doesnt want the vet to do anything until she is home)

any advice?

bendyfoot
May 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I hate to say it, but bleeding from the bottom is not good, and should not wait for two weeks, without AT THE VERY LEAST a call to the vet.

mastifflover
May 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I am not sure but waiting 2 weeks could be way to long. Maybe the vet could suggest something. I would call and explain the situation and see what they have to say. Bleeding anywhere is not a good thing

duttypaws
May 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
ive said to mum he went for a check today and the problem being he hates the vet so he usually gets sedated... shes going to take him tomorrow see if he can check him quicker

BeagleMum
May 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I hope it goes well tomororw!!

badger
May 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
he hates the vet so he usually gets sedated

I totally understand that your mother doesn't want to subject him to the trauma of going to the vet unnecessarily, but nonetheless I think a quick visit is in order, bleeding from the bum is so not normal. Plus I expect she would worry about him and it would affect her good times with you.

:offtopic:
so....what are your plans while she's here?

Frenchy
May 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
ive said to mum he went for a check today and the problem being he hates the vet so he usually gets sedated... shes going to take him tomorrow see if he can check him quicker

Your mom should get some rescue remedy and give some to your dog before vet's visit. Good luck to her tomorrow :fingerscr, keep us posted.

duttypaws
May 9th, 2008, 09:08 PM
hes her baby they only noticed he was bleeding this morning... so he is going tomorrow... he is a highly nervous dog and hates the vet with a passion... he will be sedated as he is a big boy and needs carried into the car... my mum said he is "red raw" bless him...

we are not sure if its linked to his sore tummies... hes suffered from gas etc since he was a pup and he gets the best of the best food (for the UK) and basically some nights he will stand up all night (or till he gets his tummy rubbed) then settle (spoilt not .... at ..... all)

:offtopic: she's been here before and is only here for 5 days, so we're just going to wander about NDG, go to Jean Talon, eat at Moishes (yum yum), schwartz (yum) and anywhere else that takes our fancy... i think shes wanting to go back to old montreal... but apart from that we're just going to relax (she's secretly coming to see the cats!!!) :rolleyes:

:offtopic: my dad went boasting to the vet in the uk that Poppy is polydactly he said hes only seen 1 in his career and would love to meet her and let his students see her feet :frustrated: not too sure if i want her used as a model!!

rainbow
May 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Good luck for the poor little guy at the vet tomorrow.....I hope it isn't anything serious. :fingerscr :goodvibes: