Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Three musketeers... feline version

Bluedrake
May 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Well, I'm about to adopt my third cat. Some of you might remember the two I already have, Chinook and Erin.

Chinook, 8 years old, was given to me last year because her owner had become allergic (although I suspect she was tired of cleaning up the diarrhea, weekly hairballs and other unpleasantness she had failed to warn me about... and she was moving...) :yell:

Erin, 1 year old, I got in October from the SPCA. She was in the top cage in the left corner, reaching out with her little paws towards me, saying "pick me! pick me! pick me!" :lovestruck:

The soon to be third cat is named Mimi, 6 years old and obese. Her current owner got her from her nephew who had also "become allergic" (it's so convenient :frustrated: ). The woman is well-meaning, but has no idea how to care for a cat. Since Mimi is overweight, she feeds a diet kibble that-shall-not-be-named, and in very small amounts. :yell: Well, she wants to get rid of the cat, but I will say that she is very careful about who gets her. :thumbs up
Poor Mimi is so overweight that she can't clean herself properly. :eek:

So, my cat-lover-rescuer sense tingled at that story, and preparations are underway to get Mimi to her new forever home (mine). I'm going to switch her to an all-canned diet and consult my vet for a safe weight-loss plan (he's a kibble maniac, but as long as I get the safe rate of weight loss and monitoring for signs of hepatic lipidosis, excessive muscle loss, etc., what my vet doesn't know won't hurt him). :D

So, I have Chinook as the taciturn Athos, Erin as the adventure loving D'Artagnan and soon Mimi as the fat Porthos, although that will change with the proper care. :highfive:

All in all, three rescues, two of which are of middle-aged cats (people just don't adopt cats over 3 years of age. So sad.).

Wish me luck! I'll post pictures as soon as I get her home!

sugarcatmom
May 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Awesome! Thanks for looking out for these kitties, and may Mimi make a loving addition to your fur-family. :lovestruck:

Jim Hall
May 8th, 2008, 10:27 PM
excellent !!!

hazelrunpack
May 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Sounds like an adventure worthy of a novel...complete with pictures, of course. :thumbs up

Thanks for giving these cats a loving home :grouphug:

rainbow
May 8th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Mimi is so lucky to have found you. :angel: Hope to see pics of all your fuzzbutts soon. :goodvibes: