Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spencer & Sydney Update

BeagleMum
May 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hi Everyone. I haven't been around too much, I have been a reader and not a poster so I thought that I would share a copuple pictures of Spencer & Sydney from the past few months and give you all an update (for those of you who actually remember me :o)

Spencer's Separation Anxiety is finally under control after many months of trying everything and going from 3 hours and 20 minutes straight of being upset. Most days now he doesn't even bark at all. This morning actually, I couldn't find him before work and he was actually already in the basement in his kennel waiting for his treats. I guess I was running late. :p

Sydney is as cute as ever. She has gained a couple pounds over the past 9 months so we are working on increased exercise and less treats to help shed the pounds. I have taken up biking with the dogs so I am sure that will help a lot.

Here are a few pics from over the winter, most of them are from our trips to the fenced in dog park.

Spencer telling off a basset:

Spencer & Sydney:

Spencer's Action Shot (one of many):

BeagleMum
May 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
And a few more:

And our Christmas Card photo from last year:

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5325/card3smallwe3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BeagleMum
May 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Ok, just a few more. :p

Sydney not impressed that Mommy put her in the pool but not getting out because it feels too good.

Spencer:

Sydney:

dogcatharmony
May 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Awesome pics BeagleMum.......love the one of Spencer telling the Bassett Hound off!

ancientgirl
May 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I love that action shot one. LOL, those ears! They both look great. I'm guessing the added weight on Sydney is after these pictures were taken because she looks fine to me.:D

Ford Girl
May 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
So cute!! :lovestruck: Beagle eyes are what gets to me, big, round, full of mischief. :D Love it!!

BeagleMum
May 8th, 2008, 04:15 PM
You can see Sydney's weight in the Christmas and winter pictures. She is a 13 inch beagle and is around 23lbs, she should be around 19lbs but I would even be happy with 21lbs for now.

Frenchy
May 8th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Awesome pics BeagleMum.......love the one of Spencer telling the Bassett Hound off!

:laughing: Me too ! I love Bassets and I love Beagles , one picture , both of them :cloud9: Love the action shot too , looks like Spencer is about to take off :D

rainbow
May 8th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Hee hee....I love the pic of Spencer telling off the Basset. :D

Also love the ears & tongue shot of Sydney. :lovestruck:

BeagleMum
May 9th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Thanks guys, I could really go on for days with ears and tongue shots, or with Spencer barking at another dog at the park. They have such a great time there. I will likely be taking them on Sunday morning again so hopefully I will remember my camera.

Love4himies
May 9th, 2008, 06:03 AM
My favs are the "tongue" picture and the action picture. Beautiful dogs!:cloud9:

jessi76
May 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
nice to see spencer and sydney again! I just :lovestruck: sydney's eyes... she's such a little cutie!

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Beautiful photos and a heartwarming thread. I adore beagles/bassets and these two are as cute as can be together. The Christmas card looks like a photo in a pet book. They look so perfect together.I enjoyed meeting your babies and viewing your very nice photos.

BeagleMum
May 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks so much. I will try to make sure to post pictures more often. To tell you the truth, I haven't taken too many pictures of them lately. I will have to pull the old camera out again and get snapping.

loopoo
May 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
beautiful beagles:lovestruck: i have a soft spot for them as my hubbies family dogs were beagles

BeagleMum
May 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks, they have a special spot in my heart too. Once you have a beagle, you always have a special spot for them in your heart.:cloud9:

luckypenny
May 13th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Beagle eyes are what gets to me...

Beagle ears are what does it for me :cloud9: .

I will likely be taking them on Sunday morning again so hopefully I will remember my camera.

I will try to make sure to post pictures more often.

Be sure we're gonna hold you to that :p .

:lovestruck: Lovely photos of your fuzzbutts, BeagleMum.

angeldogs
May 13th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Yep it's the ears.as long as they are floppy i'm a sucker for them.
I like the pool pic the look on Sydney's face is priceless.all the pics are great.

hazelrunpack
May 13th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Sydney is a very talented girl--ear action, tongue action, and body action, all at once!!! :laughing:

Both Sydney and Spencer are gorgeous, BeagleMum! You really do need to post more pics! :thumbs up

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks so much guys, I actually didn't bring my camera last weekend because it had been raining, and then we ended up biking with some friends and forgot the camera again. I am actually in Hamilton this week for work but when I get home, I promise to take more pictures and post them.

I have so many pictures at home on my other laptop of Sydney where her ears are flying or her tongue is doing something funny, she'sa pro at it.

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I just thought of something, I went and pulled some pics off of Facebook, hope you don't mind, thereare lost. :D

Showing off their new collars (which I returned because they were too big)

After a day at the park:

And Spencer, my Sens fan:

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Their winter coats:

And Sydney at the park:

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Spencer ready for Summer:

Sydney ready for Summer:

And, one of Sydney's many ear pictures:

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Spencer's ear shot:

Spencer not wanting to get up in the morning:

And Sydney's morning face:

I think that's all for now.

angeldogs
May 14th, 2008, 06:54 AM
They look real happy in the after the park pic.Spencer doesn't look happy in the jersey.

Chris21711
May 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I love Beagles, they are the cheeky dogs of the Canine World. Love the water wings, too cute. :lovestruck:

BeagleMum
May 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys. I am really missing the little buggers, I am away on business for 4 days so this is the longest I have ever had to be away from they. I will be very glad to get home tomorrow.

BeagleMum
May 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I found another ear shot picture that I figured I would add. :D

rainbow
May 20th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I didn't realize you posted a bunch more pics. :o .....they are all great. :thumbs up

What good little doggies they are letting mom dress them up. :laughing: I love all the ear shots :lovestruck: and Spencer not wanting to get up in the morning. :cloud9: And Sydney posing in the tree. :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
May 20th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I found another ear shot picture that I figured I would add. :D

LOL, it's a flying puppy!

I love Sydney's morning face too!

BeagleMum
May 25th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys!! I probably should have just started a new thread with all of those new (old) pics, oh well.

Frenchy
May 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I didn't realize you posted a bunch more pics. :o .....

Me neither !!! I love them all :thumbs up their summer outfits are too funny :laughing:

otter
May 25th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hee, hee, those water wings just cracked me up :laughing::laughing:

Those are some great photos! Fine looking pair of beagles they are - I hadn't ever been a beagle fan but those guys (and WD's, of course) sure are winning over my heart :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
May 26th, 2008, 01:28 AM
great shots, love the water wings :laughing: - will they go in the water w/them or only allow you to take a few pics before pulling them off?

TeriM
May 26th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Hehe, those are all great pics :lovestruck:. Do they mind the dress up?

BeagleMum
May 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Actually, they don't mind dress up at all (I don't do it all that often). I have ben looking for their Halloween picture from last year to post it but I can't find it, it must be on my computer at home. And I tell ya, Sydney can win over almost anyone's heart. :lovestruck: