Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Leash Training

deb12
May 8th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Okay, I know I am being a pest, but our Border Collie was almost per wired for some weird reason....

Okay so having problems leash training, Tenderfoot, help me.....

I know it's me not the puppy, you quoted before to start training on a flat collar and leash, I have that, but she would rather play and not learn, she loves the chicken I give her, but it is almost too much for her, she becomes too excited.

Than someone had mentioned to take her for a walk, but if we have to drag her and choke the puppy to walk, I do not see the point, that ios why I am in need of help.

I would love to bring her to a trainer, but we live in Acton and money can be a little tight, plus if I have problems on the leash how do I get her to response to me, without the other puppies around....

Please I am begging :pray: help me......

tenderfoot
May 8th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hi Deb,

I actually started to answer this in your other thread.

Your Border and your Pap have different energy levels, intelligence, stubborness and sensitivities. Also did you have children when you raised the Border? Was life easier to focus on the dog than it is now with the new pup?

This little pup should not go for long walks. 10 weeks = 10 minutes of forced exercise at a time. Check out our web site for the exercise article to learn more.

Let me know if the other thread answer helps enough or ask more specific questions to get you started.

deb12
May 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Tenderfoot,

Thank you, to answer some of your questions, we had the Border Collie when the kids were younger and I worked full time, now the kids are 9 and 12 and I worked from Home in my hubby's company. We got her for companionship, seeming I am alone a lot. Our Border Collie was for agility and companionship as I hike, the hiking is the level I would like to take this little girl to. Is she the stubborn one and isn't her energy level suppose to be a litlle less than our Border's? She is far from it, she burns rubber!!!!! lol:thumbs up