Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new member from Edmonton

aussiemomalbert
May 7th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hi all ... I have been a lurker for a while and LOVE the conversations on this forum. It is so positive and supportive compared to some other forums I am with.

My name is Heather Foster and I/we live in Edmonton, AB. My animals are: Harley, 12.5yo, M, HeelerX, who has cancer (life expectancy was end of March/08 - still going strong); Shelby, 3yo, M, blue merle Australian Shepherd, who is so laid back he has to lose about 10 lbs!; Austin, 5.5mo, M, blue merle AussieX, thinks the cat is his own personal playtoy; and Kayla, my foster failure ;) she is a 7.5mo F RottieX - golden in colour - who has wormed her way into my heart. SO well behaved and good, how could I NOT keep her :rolleyes:

My son's girlfriend is living with me as well (he's in BC) and has a beautiful orange fluffball cat named 'Tao' who has only known my dogs - who like cats - so figures he is one of them. Too funny.

I have fostered pups for about 1.5 yrs as well for 5 different organizations & love it.

Due to the fostering and cancer, I have been voraciously reading anything I can get my hands on regarding training, agility, nutrition, etc. and have actually become quite a resource!

Thank-you for letting me join this forum and I look forward to meeting anyone in the Edmonton area - especially at the Terwilligar offleash park where I go every day!

Heather
Harley, Shelby, Austin and Kayla
Edmonton, AB

phoozles
May 7th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome Heather!
Thanks for being a pet :angel: and helping out with fostering! :thumbs up
Can't wait to see pictures of all your fuzzbuddies!

mastifflover
May 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the board. Sounds like quite the crew you have can't wait for pictures. They really are a must

Ford Girl
May 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome to pets.ca. :) You sure have your hands full. :angel:

chico2
May 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Welcome to our Forum:thumbs up
I also cannot wait to see pics of your crew,they sound wonderful as do you.
Caring for animals,fostering,you are doing a wonderful thing,thank you:dog:

pbpatti
May 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Welcome Heather, I too live in Edm but do not go to the Terwilliger park, too big and open for Sasha 3.5 yr old choc lab and my foster 11 week old black lab. I am raising her for the Dogs With Wings for the next year or so, she has been with us for 3 weeks now and has taken hold of both of our heartstrings.

I have not been on for a while so I will go and check out the photos to see if you have been able to post any yet. pbp

14+kitties
May 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Welcome to Pets. You are doing a great job with the fostering. We have lots of "foster failures" here. :D You will fit right in.
As soon as you do a few more posts you will be able to post pics of your crew. No, we are not bossy, not at all. :D

hazelrunpack
May 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the board, Heather. Looking forward to seeing pics of your crew! :thumbs up

I'm glad Harley is doing so well! :goodvibes: and :fingerscr that he continues to hold his own!

We, too, were foster failures...but we were already :crazy:, having seven at the time and 'fostering' the eighth. After 7, what's one more? :shrug: So we're at 8 and counting... :D

geisha
May 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the board. I'm from Edmonton also and my samoyeds absolutely love Terwillegar & Laurier Off Leash parks.

Frenchy
May 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Harley, 12.5yo, M, HeelerX, who has cancer (life expectancy was end of March/08 - still going strong);

Welcome to pets.ca Heather ! I sure love the sound of your household ! :thumbs up I too , have one of my dog that has cancer and vet gave him 2-6 months , that was back in December , he's still going strong too !!!

Can't wait to see pictures of all your fuzzbutts :cloud9:

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Welcome aboard. I am happy to meet you and your fur family. Can't wait to see your pics of all your babies.