Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lymphoma Symptoms?

besjge
May 6th, 2008, 11:00 PM
For the past 3 days my dog,Rex(Male,Beagle / Labrador Retriever Hybrid),was has been less active and i thought that it maybe that his age is catching up to him.(6-7 years old) Well today when i came home from work I saw that all his food was still in his bowl from this morning and when was exhaling heavy. I took him outside to run around a bit and he was fine until he stop and started to exhale heavily again with his mouth closed. I tried feeding him again but when he went to eat he would spit it back out.(not vomit) I heard these were signs of Lymphoma but i haven't seen or found any lumps or swelling. Is it possible that these are signs of Lymphoma or something else and what do I need to do turn him back into the healthy dog i once knew?
Thank You for your time.

badger
May 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Lethargy and loss of appetite are common symptoms of any number of illnesses. He definitely needs to be checked by a vet. Don't delay.

hazelrunpack
May 6th, 2008, 11:10 PM
The very first thing you need to do (if you haven't already) is make an appointment ASAP to have a vet check him over. These are very vague symptoms and could point to a number of serious ailments.

:fingerscr Good luck with your dog and please keep us posted on what the vet finds!

rainbow
May 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I agree with badger and hazelrunpack. Those are symptoms of a lot of different illnesses....some minor and others major. Please take him to your vet asap and post with an update. Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes: