Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Indy & Co

Dietlinde
May 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hello, I am Dietlinde. I live in Calgary with 3 dogs, 1 cat, and an assortment of freshwater fish.
Roundhouse the cat adopted US when he was dumped at the side of the highway and left to fend - we've never regretted setting out that first bowl of food for a big hungry guy, he is super affectionate and easy company.
My dogs are Eurasiers - Chai is my youngest, a pretty girl, 5 yrs old.
Sam is a boy, 7. Both Sam and Chai were rehomed when their first families were unable to keep them.
Then there is Indy. In a rare breed, Indy is even more rare, having pinto coloring - brown patches and freckles on pure white. At 5 1/2 years old, he was surrended to a shelter in the States. He was scrawny, matted, and sick with Lymes. Eurasier Rescue picked him up, and eventually he came home to me.
He is a very charismatic boy, 7 yrs old now, radiating charm and affection. Now that he is fully recovered from his ordeal, we entered him in the Canadian Pet Idol contest (PetIdol.ca). The 1st Round is almost done, and HE's IN FIRST! Yay! All prize money (potentially up to $1,200 Cdn) will be donated to Eurasier Rescue for the next little guy who is abandoned to the fates. You are most welcome to vote for him too, especially in the Finals running May 12 - 19. I have been totally amazed at the outpouring of support and interest in our little Indy - someone wrote a song, someone else found the music, a third person put together a slide show with the music! And all together have put him at the top of the 1st round! It is incredible what good people can do, together.
Anyway, that is it, wanted to share the news and the invitation to vote for Indy on PetIdol.ca and Indy's great good-luck story.
Thanks all :pawprint:
Dietlinde

phoozles
May 7th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures of your furries!

Ford Girl
May 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yes please - pictures! :lovestruck: They sounds like wonderful critters. :angel:

Welcome! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
May 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the board, Dietlinde :D

I had to look up Eurasier...:o I'd never heard of the breed, but they're beautiful dogs! Can't wait to see yours!

Were you able to treat Indy's Lyme's before it became chronic? :fingerscr We have a setter with chronic Lyme's...sort of a neverending battle...

Dietlinde
May 8th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I enjoyed your notes, and then went and sized up some photos to send, but darned if I can see how to attach them. But I do have a really cool one of Roundhouse, and one of the 3 Eurasiers together, smiling at the camera, ready to share. I'll just try to figure out the attachment thing - right now, it comes right out and says "No Attachments allowed" for some reason.
See you soon, and hopefully with pix! :pawprint:
Dietlinde

Dietlinde
May 8th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Indy's Lymes has (so far) not recurred, thank goodness - it apparently had not yet gotten entrenched, and both the Shelter vet and my own really hit it hard with a long course of very strong antibiotics.

Hazel, I am sorry to hear about your setter having a chronic version of this illness. What do you do to cope with that? Has it affected his joints? :dog:

Dietlinde

FancyAppy
May 9th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Welcome. very nice intro you posted about your furries and I can't wait to see pics.

Dietlinde
May 12th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Here is a photo of my 3 mutts. That is Chai on the left, then Indy in the middle, and then my Sam on the end. The photo is captioned beach towel, for Sam's tongue! :pawprint:

Dietlinde

Dietlinde
May 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Here's a close portrait shot of Roundhouse. Hard to believe anyone would be so cold as to dump him at the side of the hiway. Anyway, he's ours now, and a nicer cat would be hard to find. :cat:

Dietlinde

chico2
May 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Oh Wow,your pups are beautiful,I've never heard of Eurasians,I thought they were all Chow-mixes:wall:
The kitty-cat is beautiful,thank's for beeing a rescuer:thumbs up

CherryBlossom
May 12th, 2008, 07:24 PM
You have beautiful animals

Frenchy
May 12th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I never heard about this breed of dogs either , they are gorgeous :lovestruck:

Roundhouse looks great too !

Thanks for adopting pets in need :thumbs up

jealma
May 12th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Great picture You must keep pretty busy with all that brushing.

satchelp
May 13th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Well, I have three also. They are long-distance friends of Indy & Co., and yes they have all met although we are over 2000 miles apart. Indy did an overnight with us on his way from the US to his forever home.

I will take this opportunity to ask you all to please vote for Indy. As of this morning, he is one of the 6 finalist in the Canadian Pet Idol contest !! If he wins, Dietlinde is giving ALL the proceeds to rescue.

You can vote for Indy here: http://petidol.ca/vote_1684.pet
(don't forget that you have to check your email for an email asking you to verify your vote)

Here are my guys, who are just a few of the many Indy fans out there

Here is Satchel, my oldest (almost 11)
http://eurasiers.ca/Gallery/slides/Satchel1.html

Here is Tapestry, who is 6 years old today
http://eurasiers.ca/Gallery/slides/tapi1.html

Here is Django, my youngest, who turned 2 recently.
http://eurasiers.ca/Gallery/slides/Django1.html