Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So, I get this call the other day.....

Karin
June 27th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I did not recognize the number and I was busy at the time. I called it today and got a recording.
I applied for a job and really wanted this but turned it down over two years ago because they needed me to start asap and I was mid way through radiation treatment. Plus the foundation was still awaiting grant money, nothing was concrete so to speak. I need funds to survive for Ciara and myself, not a promise.
The foundation has contacted me before regarding my joining them..maybe I should rethink this possibilty....they have grown past their financial bounds.

www.lubee.org.

I have to ponder this further. It is a 25 mile drive for me. One way....and I have to consider Ciara, at first I was told she can come with me to work. Might be different now, don't know..

I guess I better find out soon. This is driving me batty!

LavenderRott
June 27th, 2004, 09:42 PM
What the heck would you be doing?

Karin
June 27th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Well, as first explained to me, my job would be daily care, medical and otherwise, as any other tech job. And of course on the job training since not every household has one....( I need a refresher on hitting a vein with something smaller than a 25g needle.) I also need new glasses. This job does sound more appealing the more I think about it...after all, the funding is there as promised! I like that part very much.

LavenderRott
June 27th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Well then, go for it girl!

Karin
June 27th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I left a voice mail message already including my cell #. I'll call tomorrow if not called first. ( I work the next two days but my cellphone is allowed)

I am batty! lmao! Always knew it......

Save comments for later LOL!

Wish me & Ciara luck!

Luba
June 27th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Wow that sounds exciting :D

Do you think you will be okay with the commute?

I wish you luck from me and Sadie .. let us know what happens!

Remember, do what you feel your heart tells you will make you happy! ;)

Lucky Rescue
June 27th, 2004, 11:19 PM
If you want this, I certainly wish you luck!!! I admire your courage and determination as well.

Karin
June 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM
The commute is nothing as long as Ciara can ride too. The distance was the same at first with the last *evil* vet tech job..even further in the begining, I moved closer to the job in 2000 which now lands me near the Alachua/Marion county line..I-75 is at my back door now. The Lubee foundation is about 28 miles north of me ...one way. I was mistaken...oh well, straight shot up I-75 and a short jog. I have been there before and the back roads are easy to learn. *Point A and point B are my friends*

I can move also if I have too. I hate moving! But, that is why I own my RV!

The parks up that way suck though. I think I should wait until I here something more positive before I go into more details.

Going freakin' batty I'm tellin' ya! I feel right about it though. I am ready this time.

Luba
June 27th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Look at it this way.... have an interview, check out the place and the people. See if you get any positive/ negative vibes from it!

Ask a lot of questions, esp about Ciara being with you/not!

Think it over, ask them when they need an answer by, and ponder it over in solitude for a bit!

:D

Spoiled
June 28th, 2004, 01:20 PM
You're getting batty. That sounds like a wonderful job, and if you think you want to work there, then go for it! :D

Karin
June 28th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Well, I'm going to visit the foundation Thursday afternoon.

And big drats! The pay offered is only slightly more than offered 2 years ago, (about what I'm making now)..and I have to be employed for one year before I qualify for benefits. And the bringing Ciara to work issue is now iffy, seems they have had some problems with previous employees.
On the plus side. I was told advancement is rapid. All education pertaining to the job is paid for. My rabies vaccinations are updated at their expense bi-annual.
I will go once again and give it a shot...sometimes employment offers change when you are face to face with them. And they called me afterall!
But leaving my job with the same pay, insurance and a commute that takes less than a minute, biggest perk is being able to tend to Ciara at any time, this would be hard to make the switch.
I would love this job so very much! But I have to be practical at the same time. Can't wait to tour the new digs either!

*feeling a little bummed out*